New American Funding

New American Funding Employee Reviews in United States

Good Company
Director - PMO / New Business Development (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAMarch 23, 2016
Good culture, fast growing company with a lot of new opportunities. Nice office and people to work in and with. Very engaged CEO and executive team.
Pros
Fast Pace
Good money, long hours and no holidays
Sr. Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMarch 17, 2016
Overall I liked working here, but I can not work 60-70 hours week after week. Pay was fantastic, but it is life-consuming.

Once is slows down, like mortgage does, they clean house. Many terminations, they do not lay off, they terminate you.

They also ask you to work all holidays, which seems stupid. The point of a paid holiday is to have the day off and family time.

Sorry- I do not recommend them to work for. My friend is there, and since her child can raise herself it works for her. She has no life, and does not even have time to be my friend, she works 12 hours a day, about 6 days a week.
Pros
They do alot for the employees compared to other mortgage companies
Cons
ALL about the numbers ! That is sad. They do not care about their people.
workplace is fast pace no time to talk to coworkers.
Sr. Loan Processor (Current Employee) –  Downey, CAFebruary 1, 2016
Always busy working to close loans on time. I enjoy helping borrowers get into their dream home. Learned new loan programs that are helpful to borrowers.
Naf 360
Valuation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CADecember 3, 2015
I felt the company was losing focus on the Valuations process with the loss of our Chief Appraiser and decided it was time to explore new opportunities. The management was somewhat relaxed and my co-workers were great. I never had any issues with either.
fun work place to work
facilities services (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CANovember 2, 2015
make sure coffee was made fresh and ready for all employees in main kitchen, left to other location to make sure there coffee was made fresh before picking up (shuttling) first morning pick up from metro.Then come back and refresh coffee makers keep up cleaning in all area's of the company. I learned how to work with a screwdriver very well ,and shuttle employee's around . I all so learned to just do your Job right and your boss will see how hard and good of an employee you are.I am a team player and always got along with all co-workers. The hardest part was trying to be at two places and not finding time time to clean all refrigerators in one day. I enjoyed my co-workers I always had a smile on my face and always made everyone feel good and not so stressed at there job.
Pros
from time to time would supple lunch and had activities
Cons
Health care, 41K plan
The Sky Is the Limit
Sales Manager- Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 29, 2015
New American Funding is one of the fastest growing Mortgage Servicers with an excellent Compensation Package. Seasoned Loan Officers with an established Book of Business are necessary to meet Minimum Production Requirements. The sky is the limit!
Pros
Compensation Package, Flexible Schedule, Macromanaged
Cons
Benefits Package, Self-Sourced Leads, No Weekly Coaching/Meetings
Great Marking
Loan Consultant (Former Employee) –  Temecula, CAOctober 26, 2015
Great marketing and technology support but lacked the support of my manager to help me produce. The company is good it was just my manager was not as supportive as I needed.
Pros
great marketing
Cons
lack of support
Good Company For LO's
Senior Loan Office (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIOctober 13, 2015
Good Company for LO's. As is the case with any mortgage company there are a lot of hours involved. They do happen to have on eof the best comp plans available.
Decent pay but poorly managed
Processor (Former Employee) –  TustinAugust 7, 2015
There is a reason they advertise a signing bonus. This is the first mtg company that I've seen offering signing bonus. Management is overworked so they don't have time to help. Everyone is a number to them. The money is decent but I hated life and made me hate my profession. Long stressful hours and unprofessional managing. The people I worked with were awesome and kept me going. They used and abused me and threw me away like I didn't matter. Thank God I found a better company who treats me like a human being. Fake company with unrealistic expectations. Would not recomoned...
Pros
Some coworkers
Cons
Stress, bad management, you're just another number
Great environment
Post Closer (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAJuly 21, 2015
They make the worker feel comfortable everyday you come to work. They have contests and activities. The only thing I do not like is that it is hard to advance, they are not using the skills and knowledge I have.
great environment
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  tustin caJune 2, 2015
I don't have that long working for new American funding but overall through out the time being here I have had a wonderful experience. great vibes wonderful people everyone is super friendly and outgoing willing to help one another in any circumstances. Very stable company and place to be.
Pros
wonderfull place to work for
Cons
Excellent company. Highly recommended.
DE Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CA.March 17, 2015
Absolutely loved working for NAF. An excellent company that stresses working together as a team. Management is experienced, knowledgeable, and always available.
Productive environment
Current Position - Sr. Conventional/DE/VA Temp SAR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TexasMarch 5, 2015
Lots of Teamwork, Management supportive, great co-workers to be around. Able to work from home if necessary, so if your sick or have doctors appointments makes it easy to management workload. A lot of e-mail communication mostly between everyone.
Pros
understands family values
Cons
benefits to be improved.
Coworkers were energetic and pleasant to work with.
QC Prefunding Auditor (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 23, 2014
In a typical day I would work from 5:30 am till 5:30 pm and QC audit about 9-10 files per day. Due to the complexity of any particular file sometimes the number of files could drop to about 6-8 files. Given the high volume of work, NAF still provided us with Webinars to keep us up to date with the industry ever changing guidelines and compliance requirements. Co-workers worked well with each other as we strived to maintain a 24 hour turn time. At time this was impossible due to the the underwriters coming in on the weekends and flooding the QC department on Mondays with files to be reviewed. Due to the hard work of the staff by the middle to end of the week the 24 hr. turn time was accomplished.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
long hours and at times unreachable goals or expectation with limited crew.
Revolving door
Reviewer (Former Employee) –  TustinAugust 23, 2014
Horrible place, sought me out in 6 weeks position over. No management stills, rude co workers, rude receptions, bad loan docs, many mistakes as many as 10 final loan apps in files. Serious problems.
Cons
lack of loyalty, poor management, worse parking
High Quality Leads and Great sales training
Sr Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Tustin, CAFebruary 4, 2014
I have been a loan officer for many years and have worked at most of the well known companies trying to find the right culture that I could call home. New American Funding has a clear direction and there marketing is the best in class. They offer direct mail, radio shows, tv commercials and an amazing live lead transfer program. In house there is CSRs, customer service reps that call on Internet leads and transfer them over. The line of products is jumbo, conventional, FHA, va, USDA and Fannie/Freddie direct. They don't just say they can do these loans, they really do. The guy more or less running the sales now is insane in a great way. The guy knows his stuff, listens, trains, believes, educates and actually cares about every one. He is about the hardest working person and the sales staff believes as they know he performs. The processing is fast. The culture is all about the client and they push customer service from the first call to every call. The sales managers are a riot in they each bring a different, positive element. There are days when I cannot close a loan if my life depended on it and they are there to pick me up.
Pros
best in class leads. great training. positive approach to sales. they care.
Cons
they don't match 401k
Business Casual
Scanner/Jr. Processing (Former Employee) –  Mission Valley, CADecember 17, 2013
I enjoyed the business casual feel of the office and my fellow employees were very kind.
High-Paced
Loan Consultant/Processor to VP of National Sales (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CANovember 27, 2013
This company helped me learn a lot. I was at one of the branches and learned many new skills. However, my work was not appreciated and the high-pace environment can take it's toll while compensating you very little financially.
Pros
learned many skills and was essentially a mortgage loan boot camp. great people to work with, but the industry has changed and realtor's expectations must change with it.
Cons
compensation was not commiserate to the level of skill and stress required of the position.
Work 12hr day
Doc Drawer (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 26, 2013
Mortgage jobs usually pretty intense, long work days especially the end of the month, 12 plus hours a day but it does have it's perks we usually get free breakfast and lunch towards the end of the month.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long work days, management wasn't the best, got layoff
Productive and very fun work environment
Production Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 6, 2013
Typical day at work consisted of putting together about 15 files for my team of loan officers. I learned to work very fast paced while being very detailed oriented. The management staff was very friendly and helpful. All of my co-workers were also all very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was working on files that had multiples properties, separate borrowers, and enormous tax returns due to self employment.
Pros
fun work environment and fast paced.
Cons
industry is very up and down.