NEW AMERICAN FUNDING

NEW AMERICAN FUNDING Employer Reviews

Business Casual
Scanner/Jr. Processing (Former Employee), Mission Valley, CADecember 17, 2013
I enjoyed the business casual feel of the office and my fellow employees were very kind.
High-Paced
Loan Consultant/Processor to VP of National Sales (Former Employee), Cerritos, CANovember 27, 2013
Pros: learned many skills and was essentially a mortgage loan boot camp. great people to work with, but the industry has changed and realtor's expectations must change with it.
Cons: compensation was not commiserate to the level of skill and stress required of the position.
This company helped me learn a lot. I was at one of the branches and learned many new skills. However, my work was not appreciated and the high-pace environment can take it's toll while compensating you very little financially.
Work 12hr day
Doc Drawer (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 26, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: long work days, management wasn't the best, got layoff
Mortgage jobs usually pretty intense, long work days especially the end of the month, 12 plus hours a day but it does have it's perks we usually get free breakfast and lunch towards the end of the month.
Productive and very fun work environment
Production Assistant/Customer Service (Former Employee), CaliforniaNovember 6, 2013
Pros: fun work environment and fast paced.
Cons: industry is very up and down.
Typical day at work consisted of putting together about 15 files for my team of loan officers. I learned to work very fast paced while being very detailed oriented. The management staff was very friendly and helpful. All of my co-workers were also all very friendly and helpful. The hardest part of the job was working on files that had multiples properties, – more... separate borrowers, and enormous tax returns due to self employment. – less
nice place to work
Funder (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 11, 2013
Pros: great c/o workers
Cons: assignement over
would have liked to stary longer, due to encomy rate increase work flow slowed done
Productive and Fun place to work
Jr. Processor/Loan Processor (Former Employee), Tustin, CAAugust 30, 2013
Pros: great people, free food
All around great place to work. Miss working there. Wish they had a spot for me would go back in heartbeat. Love everything about the place.
worst employer in my career
sr processor (Former Employee), tustinMay 3, 2013
Pros: outside lo's are very knowledgeable almost to a fault
Cons: poor and unfair mgmt, inefficient, rude or fake
I couldn't agree more with some of the reviews. The entire 7mos I was there as sr.processor for their outside sales processing, I asked everyday how they made it on top places to work in all those publications. Mgmt is horrid. They employ their friends, favor their friends, and have no sense of professionalism and respect. Like other reviewers said, – more... unless you're in with the cliques, or kiss butts, you will hate life. And their operation is completely inefficient and frustrating. No one knows what they are doing except act like a boss. Not to mention, UW's and Funders are incredibly rude, hostile and unsupportive. There's no sense of teamwork to close a loan. There's major hostility between ops depts. Don't let recruiting or processing mgr fool you. There is zero training. You're thrown out there from day one and expected to survive. Every company has their own flow and process so some training is required in my opinion. You just learn as you go and any mistakes, sales has no mercy. They don't care to be efficient, train and keep good employees but would rather power trip and feed their friends cherry picked loans. Oh and did I mention no parking space so they make you park & shuttle offsite...it's almost comical. Where I am now, their #1 expectation is respecting each other and being fair. The owner has a reputation for open door policy and respect, vastly different from what I experienced during my short tenure at new american. I regret wasting my time there. Don't make the same mistake. – less
Very poor management and depressing work environment. Unprofessional people.
Processor (Former Employee), TustinApril 24, 2013
Cons: too many to list from underwriting to funding its an unprofessional shop.
Do NOT waste your time here, they sweet talk you and there is nothing to benefit if you have skills and are a producer. The agents are pushy and unrealistic and the vibe is not at all energetic or upbeat. Their system is backward and they do not know what they are doing operationally. Complete nightmare. If you have skills go to a true proven company – more... that cranks out loans and has industry professionals who have been around and make money while it lasts. Oh, and the Ops Manager is unpredictable and unprofessional as well. There is no one to complain to as they only care about their insider group of a few who have been with NAF for ever. The "best place to work" award is because the owners know people, they are politically connected. Its not true, and the benefits are not good. – less
Poor management
Sr processor (Current Employee), TustinApril 14, 2013
Pros: decent pay
Cons: poor management
Unless your in the clique they will shut you out. Unreal expectations and unclear goals without clear direction or support from management.

No recognition and no growth available. Short term
Worst Job EVER
Sr. Processor (Former Employee), TustinJanuary 8, 2013
Cons: unfair, untrained, bad management. horrible process.
NAF is the worst place I have worked ever. Beware.... they will lure you in with how "different" they are but the owners are clearly out of touch as everyone I know changes jobs in mortgages but few leave with the level of resentment as NAF.

I actually questioned my abilities and it took a week to get my head right. Thankfully my old job confirmed – more... that I was good at what I do and wanted me back. – less

January 15, 2013

New American Funding is the number 1 company as they are "connected", meaning the owners, to the who's who in Orange County and beyond in the business world. This is NOT an employee based company. Look for the red flags in your interview process and go with your gut, wish I had.

No loyality to their employees. Lack of Management skills.
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee), Irvine, CANovember 10, 2012
Lack Management skills.
Do not train their employees. Sink or swim mentality.
Back stabbing individuals

January 3, 2013

This company promises what they cannot deliver. They fire and demote people who are loyal and have some insiders who can do almost anything, yes I get the corporate world but still have never seen anything like what I saw go down at NAF. People are constantly afraid of losing their jobs and the energy is really negative. When I quit I didnt even want to talk about it and people who knew me said it must have been bad for you to leave after 2 months. I wanted to leave after 2 days! I have been working for 30 years and have never had a bad experience. Sure, you change jobs for pay, life change, career change, etc.... but I always maintain relationships and believe in ending things well. At NAF I actually didnt care if I burned every bridge there.... they are the WORST company I have ever worked for and I have been in and out of mortgages for over a decade. I have worked for some tough companies and loved every minute of it, and I believe that if someone had told me the truth I would not have left a good job for something that I thought would bring opportunity. Grass is not always greener for sure!

July 9, 2013

I agree with everyone on this post, everything posted here is what my friend experience.. the owner is cheap and does not care about his employees. there is no team playing, and unless you are not apart of there clicky people you will get fired.. they got the best place to work in 2012?? such a lie!! they lied.. they can spend money on a lunch room but can't keep there good employees and train them.. there customer service is a joke.. they do no training and the managers should not be in there positions.. i believe in Karma ,, This company sucks do not waste your time!! every month they fire someone you will end up taking a stress leave from that company..

Productive fun environment
Mortgage Funder (Former Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 12, 2012
Process fundings in the morning and draw loan docs during the day. We worked a lot of overtime. My production here was 75-135 loans a month with drawing loan docs and funding. My co-workers were friendly. I processed FHA and Conventional loans here. We had our own in house escrow for all refinances so this made things easier to fund.

December 6, 2012

How did the LO's like working there? What was a typical LO funding?