New Balance Employee Reviews

Fun and Energetic Work Environment, very motivating!
Intern (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAAugust 14, 2015
Had an excellent time working as the first intern for the facilities team at New Balance. The facilities team were great to work with, as I assisted them with sight survey and updating the SharePoint site.
Overall fun place to work
Customer Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mashpee, MAAugust 7, 2015
The store had great management. The manager was flexible easy going. We worked well together and joked around. Other coworkers were generally easy to get along with. Dealing with fussy customers for a long periods of time could sometimes be somewhat frustrating.
Talking to fellow employees and joking around was often relaxed work environment
Pros
Easy going work environment, great management, easy to get along
Cons
low pay, no benefits, fussy customers
Great company.
Asst. Manager/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Bluffton, SCJuly 30, 2015
One of the best jobs I've had. Just wasn't any room for advancement. However we did receive end of the year rewards, free sneaskers, gift cards, and days off.
benefits
Cons
wknd work
Awesome place to work
Point of Use (Current Employee) –  Norridgewock, MEJuly 20, 2015
New Balance is a great place to work . They take care of their employees. They encourage people to continue to grow within the company.
Terrible workplace .
Untrained monkey (Former Employee) –  massachusettsJune 23, 2015
if the sports industry is in your future . Stay away from this company!!!
Way too many "managers" everyone else is just second class. A trained monkey could work the floor at NB.. You will not get any hands on traning .
Pros
Cons
everything
not a secure job
warehouse employee (Former Employee) –  ontario caJune 19, 2015
didn't stay long enough to rate this job...the people all have attitudes I didn't learn anything useful, I did not enjoy this job because I wasn't there long enough to understand it
New Balance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2015
Had a lot of fun working for new balance because I'm huge into fitness and I loved fitting people into shoes that would benefit them in their daily activities
Great job culture and benefits!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, TXMay 5, 2015
The work culture is amazing, probably one of the best I've had the pleasure of partaking in thus far in my job journey. Everyone was very friendly and easy to get along with. Depending on the hour bracket you get placed in you'll have amazing benefits although you're only an associate. Management was the best I've had as of yet. They are rather progressive in disciplinary measures, which provided employees with an opportunity to grow rather than continuously administering consequences. The toughest part of the job would probably be the monotony of the position itself. It's retail so you can't expect too much. I've learned a great deal about how to properly interact with people as well as how to build lasting relationships from this position.
Pros
Benefits, work culture, management
Cons
Monotony
nice job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAApril 24, 2015
nice staff. good managers. decent location. busy at times but overall a nice place to work fi your looking for this kind of thing
Pros
40% discount
Cons
pay could be alittle better
excelent place to work
Pad Printer (Former Employee) –  Norridgewock, MEApril 10, 2015
Great place to work they treat you like family , the most enjoyable part of my day was my co-workers they were a great bunch of people , very fast paced work and they do time people all the time with a stop watch which can be very frustrating. Excelent benefits pakages and they pay great so all that makes it worth the hassle.
Pros
everything
Cons
no cons
Great Company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 29, 2015
New Balance truly is a great company. They take care of their workers both part time and full time. Vacation and paid Holiday's even for part-timers. Management actually works and helps out. Great opportunity for advancement if you do your job and want to go somewhere!
Pros
Amazing discount, Benefits, Guarenteed Hours
Fun and knowledge work place.
Sale associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  washington D.CMarch 25, 2015
I loved working at new balance because i gain knowledge and and gain friendship and i also gain customers that enjoyed me helping them. My manager was always understanding when i didn't know something and he would help me out!
it is a fast paced enviroment with continual change and turnover of associates
Job Skills Trainer (Current Employee) –  Norridgewock, MEMarch 13, 2015
I am a jobs skills trainer. I interact with all newhires and processes for all new associates.
I conduct new hire orientation, do job evealutions, scheduling of new hire training.
I learned lean manufacturing, how to become a leader, how to develop new hires to be productive and happy workers.
My co-workers are fun and willing to lend a hand for anything that comes up,
the hardest part of my job is knowing that someone is not suited to position and releasing them from there jobs, as I like to think that everyone has a trainable skill,
The most enjoyable part of my day is to see someone get excited about how well they are doing and the accomplishments made from beginning of training.
Pros
benefits, hours
loved it there
Merchandising Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 21, 2015
I was hired for a temporary position, so I am not sure how the longevity would have played out. A very relaxed and innovative work environment. I always keep my eye open for new positions there. Since the St. Louis location manages the website, they have more web developing positions that I am not skilled for.
Pros
innovative and advancement opportunity
Cons
my assignment was temporary
A great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Charleston, SCJanuary 25, 2015
New Balance is a great place to work. The management and staff are amazing. I enjoy everyday that I am there. There aren't any difficult areas when it comes to working for Polo. You mainly just work with the customers and give them the experience you would expect from New Balance. I enjoy meeting and interacting with new faces everyday.
good place
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  South Lawrence, MAJanuary 6, 2015
i can't say to much about this place because i just work for 2 or 3 months there..but was good time,good place.
Independently owned fun and productive workplace
Director of New Media/Public Relations (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UtahOctober 5, 2014
As the director of new media and public relations, a typical day required the ability to work on a variety of in depth and diverse projects- including event coordinating, communication, advertisement, social media, marketing and public relations. I learned a lot about how an independently owned business functions, and how to properly multitask large projects. While on the job, I had the opportunity to develop my customer service skills and create fundraisers/events. The CEO was my direct supervisor. He delegated tasks to me, and gave me the creative freedom to execute our projects. The hardest part of the job was dealing with unsatisfied clients/customers, although, in the end we were always able to resolve any issues presented. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to work hands on with the community. Working to build a fundraiser for a good cause was always incredible rewarding.
Pros
productive teamwork, fun and rewarding work opportunities
Cons
no healthcare options
Wont be around long
Developer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 5, 2014
Corporate is moving the st louis office to Boston in the next few years. It's a terrible place anyway. Management is bad, HR is bad, way you're treated is bad.
Pros
free coffee
Cons
management and the smiley faced fake hr manager.
Great team of knowledgeable staff
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 5, 2014
I would start each day by checking the daily sales goals and seeing if we were on track to reach the goal of the day. All associates were given tasks throughout the day such as prepping new merchandise for the floor, replenishing socks and insoles, or daily cleaning duties. The employees would have to complete these tasks while assisting the customers throughout the day. All employees are rigorously trained on the different features of the products in order to guide the customer to what best fits his/her needs.

The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely the camaraderie amongst the employees. We were quick to jump in and help out our fellow co-worker whenever necessary.

The most difficult part of the job definitely happened at the beginning of employment. The training process is extensive and there's a lot of information to learn about the shoes and other products, as well as the different foot problems the customers may have. After the first couple months when you fully understand everything the job is rather enjoyable.
Terribly run, inept management
Software Developer, Global Ecommerce Team (Former Employee) –  Sunset Hills, MOSeptember 5, 2014
I worked in St. Louis on a software project.

like most people at this location I am leaving because they could not live up to their promises and because they cannot manage a software project. The stress level was super high for my team and I.

The project is failing because management will not support the team, they put inept people in charge of things who were contractors and could care less if it succeeded and it was more than obvious they had no idea what they were doing, they just smooth talked and constantly said things like "don't worry it will just work out". Sane practices that are required for any project to succeed like communication with other teams and the business were non existent, requirements gathering were non existent, planning was non existent. They seemed to like to shoot from the hip and constantly fight fires. They were using no methodology but calling it agile, we even had retros with a few common themes at the end of every "sprint", usually asking for improvements in planning and requirements gathering, that were always ignored.

Management is great at not listening to people they hire or contract to be a functional expert in a particular field, instead they hire cronies who know nothing and then let them line their pockets and waste millions destroying projects. Another thing management is great at is after not listening to their employees.... problems leading to technical failures arise, management then blame the employees and team for their poor management and indecisiveness.

To top this all off, Headquarters in Boston could care less. They actively work against the other divisions and from all I could see are run about as effectively. Its no wonder they cant overtake the competition.
Pros
the other employees were great, people were friendly
Cons
management was inept at best.