New Balance Employee Reviews

I loved this job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  White Marsh, MDMay 15, 2017
I would still be there had it not shut down. I still rep the product everyday. I only wear new balance shoes. Unfortunately the manager/owner wanted to retire.
great people
Stocker (Former Employee) –  San Ysidro, CAMay 13, 2017
i worked at new balance for at least 2 years ago in transition program i was in at high school the people at new balance they welcome me said i was a hard worker and a great employee so they where like family to me i miss them
Pros
great people
very nice management. Fun work experiece
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmond, OKMay 13, 2017
I learned a lot about customer service and how a good business runs. The management was very nice and very easy to get along with. They worked around my school schedule and did a great job of getting days off when asked for.
Retail Sales Associates Position
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMay 12, 2017
It's a straight forward job. If you interested in learning about different technology in shoes then this is the place to be. Hourly pay is based off of the Massachusetts Minimum wage. It's great for part time only.
Pros
Hourly pay
Benefits
Great Work Place
ProCare Fitting Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 10, 2017
Had a wonderful 2 years at New Balance. Great culture, coworkers, and work environment. I met the most wonderful people while working there and was very sad to go
A good summer job for people who are in between school years
Summer Associate (Former Employee) –  Skowhegan, MEMay 10, 2017
Working here was honestly not bad. You were paid minimum wage but worked a lot of hours. The work was relatively easy but if you don't work well with others, it is not the place for you.
It was a nice place to work
Picking and Packing (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMay 9, 2017
It was a good job but it was temp. There was a lot of bosses and not structured right. I mind my business and got my job done the right way to. I wouldn't mind working there again.
Awesome
Manufacturing Associate (Former Employee) –  Norway, MEMay 8, 2017
I love working here. Very good benefits. Management is great. Work hours are perfect. And it's based in the United states. Never layoff. Great environment overall
Good pay, excellent benefits
Stitcher (Former Employee) –  Skowhegan, MEMay 5, 2017
My rate of pay went up quickly from approximately 11.00 to 15.20 during the time I was there. Plus the benefits are unbeatable. They really take care of their employees.
Pros
Day work, good pay and benefits
Cons
You have 22 seconds to perform your job on the shoe. You must be able to work under pressure, because they are timing you.
A great company that cares about its people
Senior Trainer and Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 2, 2017
A great company, privately held, with fabulous people, a solid business plan, and a strong culture. I worked there for almost two decades and it was incredible to watch the company grow and change. It's a really caring company.
Pros
shoe and apparel give-aways. employee discounts
Workday
Foot Specialist/Closing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Aventura, FLMay 2, 2017
A normal day is coming into work do shipment, check and price shoes before putting all away. Checking order book to see if we have shoes on hold for customers. After, shipment we have sales and making sure that the area is nice and clean. Before the store is close we have to complete a list that about 20 this to do. The store must be in perfect shape before leaving the store at night
Laid Off
Development Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAApril 27, 2017
I enjoyed working for NB and what the company represents, I was proud to be apart of the company. There was a change in management and I was unexpectedly laid off.
Ok
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 20, 2017
Good company great benefits. Growth is reachable, however you must have to move with the company to do so. Changes happen frequently due to the constant growth.
Great environment and coworkers to build the brand with
Freelance Visual Content Assistant (Current Employee) –  BostonApril 17, 2017
Nothing but good things to say about New Balance as a company! Great success driven team of people to work with and I always look forward to putting my ideas forward for campaigns!
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAApril 16, 2017
My typical day begin at 6am and ended at 2:30pm.

I learned how to prepare foreign orders to affix the proper postage needed and ensure the product was in good condition.

Management would come out daily to check on productivity.

I found the workplace culture to be businesslike.

There was nothing in my prior position that I found overly difficult.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with others and payday.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Healthcare
great place to collaborate
Photographer, Influencer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 31, 2017
I had the opportunity to work with New Balance on a few projects and it was great. Everyone from management to social was very encouraging and helpful.
Amazing Experience
Fitting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Costa Mesa, CAMarch 24, 2017
If i could go back to the military I would. Overall a great experience. Was able to meet so many different types of people. Loved being a part of the USMC.
Great Company and Great Values
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  Brighton, MAMarch 24, 2017
Great company to work for. Wonderful people and environment as well as great product. Strong Corporate values especially relationing charitable causes.
Fit Pro (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMarch 22, 2017
New Balance Kansas City is a great place tow work due to their flexible work schedules and the fact the co-workers are friendly and management cares about the employee's inputs.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Exciting, Growing and Innovative Company
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA 02116March 20, 2017
When I began working for New Balance, they were beginning to really grow and accelerate as an Athletic Brand. I was able to witness, experience, and participate in many events, product releases, and community events, which made me proud to be a part of such a company.
Pros
Great Discounts, Exciting New Product Previews, Excellent Opportunities for Networking
Cons
Poorly Defined Process for Advancement, Stubborn Management, Poor Accountability, Poor Employee Judgement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Balance. Our community is ready to answer.