New Balance Employee Reviews in United States

productive and fun work place with great employer
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Ontario Mills, CAJuly 26, 2016
Stay focused and do not get side tracked perform various duties efficiently even if it's a lot to get done. Get the job done by any means neccessary
Pros
Free lunch/ Company picnics
Cons
short breaks health care
Really chill place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 21, 2016
I have learn a lot , this job help me define who I really am and how far I should take my career serious , which is helping people making sure they get the right knowledge .
Great USA company
Professional Runner and Ironman Triathlete (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 2, 2016
New Balance is a great brand with customer loyalty. There shoes and athletic apparel is very well made. I love this company.
Great Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 1, 2016
Independently owned New Balance store but easily the best job I've had, very laid back and almost no stress, great summer job.
Pros
people, shoes, money
Cons
no breaks
Fun workplace
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MAMay 27, 2016
I really enjoyed working with this company and the smell of all the great pastries and breads they make was a bonus going into work everyday. The Managers were very nice as well and it seemed like they really cared about their employees
Pros
I enjoyed learning about all their new products
Cons
I wish the money was better
Awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, MAMay 23, 2016
It was great because not only was I working with my friends, the management became my friends too. My school schedule was troublesome with my work schedule and i had no personal transportation so I had to quit. If I could in the near future would I return.
Great retail job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hanover, MDMay 22, 2016
Fun and enjoyable place to work. Overall company is understanding as far as scheduling and start off with decent pay. Friendly staff. Day to day duties weren't too difficult to do. You can easily get promoted as well.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tannersville, PAMay 18, 2016
This is the first place I can say that I love coming to work every shift. Even though it's not a full time job with the benefits, management helps and works with you the best they can. We are more of a family which makes the workplace environment stress free.
Pros
Internal advancement
Cons
no experience, no advancement
Running with a Passion
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAApril 25, 2016
Premier Footwear company who know the true fit and function of shoes and orthodics. Multiple widths and sizes available to match any persons needs. Fun and exciting place to work with abundant customer interaction!
Very friendly place to work.
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, SCApril 5, 2016
A typical day at work is stress free. Co-workers are very nice and polite. The management team is very welcoming and easy to talk to. Store meetings are always fun and laid back.
Pros
Very good management team.
Very productive, easy going, cool place to work, great for high school students
Sales Associate/Cashier/Replenishment (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMarch 5, 2016
A typical work day would be having a daily goal of $2,000-8,000 for the day. consists of daily huddles that covers and discusses the key components of each day. KPI's (Key performance indicators), UPT''s (Units Per Transactions), department goal breakdowns, inventory components, and daily strategies on how to constantly achieve sales and give 100% customer satisfaction. Through this experience I have learned to be an effective seller, listener, performer, and product knowledge specialist. Management constantly delivers strives to keep and have a winning team non stop and consistently drives the business and its employees for success. the co-workers are all a winning team and always are willing to help others along the way. the hardest part of my job is keeping track of the inventory making sure products are correctly being received and entered correctly for check out at the register even though it proves a challenge it is always maintained and kept accordingly. the most enjoyable part of my job is effectively and continuously delivering customer satisfaction on a daily basis and interacting and communicating with them.
Pros
free lunches, excellent recognition, excellent effective training, an all around well grounded positive motivating work environment
Cons
low volume store, harder to build foundation, harder to expand
Great job to further retail experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 4, 2016
management was very poor.
co workers were professional, and positive! loved them all! the best part of the job was helping the customers. hardest part was opening and closing the store because it had to be done in a specific order.
Average job, decent income and low stimulation.
Manufacturing, Full time (Former Employee) –  Norway, MEFebruary 2, 2016
Average day work, not much adversity. Management was team oriented. I loved my co-workers. The challenge for me was trying for perfection in what was asked of my position.
Pros
Great co-workers, decent pay and benefits.
Cons
Short breaks, long time standing in one place.
Not for me, tiny location
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 6, 2016
Very great team and management, everyone is genuine and works to teach you a ton of info. However sometimes managers are relaying different info and aren't on the same pages and you take a hit for being taught wrong. There's a lot to know about shoes so if you're not passionate about it and putting people's shoes on for them...its definitely not for you. Worked in a new store that was considerably slow and a smaller location which became non climatic. I realized I didn't like shoes enough to learn about the different foams and put them on other people, but I had a good experience and learned a lot.
Pros
Nice team, good management, great work life balance, very flexible, good company.
Cons
Small stores, putting on people's shoes, not much in stock at times, not much apparel/other stuff to sell, not a wide selection of shoes.
very fun work place
Lead sales (Current Employee) –  sawgrassOctober 2, 2015
it is fun place to work with,
different ethnic groups
lots of athletes shops there
plus the brand is exciting
I really like the environment
Pros
amazing environment, very competitive
Good work place!
Sale Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Westbrook, CTOctober 1, 2015
I've been with New Balance for just a little over two years now and I love it there. Their benefits are good and raises are frequent.
scheduling new hires,training, development of associates in soft skills and technical
Job Skills Trainer (Current Employee) –  Norridgewock, MESeptember 28, 2015
New balance is a evolving environment at this time . Management is changing rapidly and a feeling of instability for associates.
They tend to promote based on friendly basis instead of on the competency of skill, and knowledge of processes.

The company is based on all production and making numbers, safety is a work in progress always striving to improve and enhance.

They have a physical therapist and physician on hand to help reduce time away from work and relieve any medical which is very helpful to working parents.

My colleagues are very good to work with and we help each other.
Pros
benefits, pay, hours
Cons
management
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CASeptember 19, 2015
Calm workplace with some supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you develop and grow. Other leads were very helpful and great guides. Needs work on team effort. 6-8 men in the area and 2-3 guys would have to work harder because some would get lazy or careless.
Pros
free food every other month
Cons
no team effert
Great Work Place
Sales Agent, Showroom & Sample Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 16, 2015
Exceptional footwear! Great work place and fun environment. Good co-workers and management team. Really cool Downtown LA showroom. One of the best places I have ever worked!!
Just a job to pay off debts or have until better.
Temp (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CaSeptember 14, 2015
Sent by AMR staffing i was here for only two weeks, i quickly realized this place is another dead end. Work was easy but people would moved from department to department , i never moved to any other department besides returns and shipping basically load trailers. I found out by others that most raise anybody got was a few cents once hired on and we were already making what employees were (minimum wage). Alot of temps came and went in the two weeks i was here and i walk out one day out of frustration because i was never moved to any other department and new temps would be moved on their first day to pick and pack. I don't regret it either leaving. As for management...... Lol
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Repetitive, pay sucks, no raise when hired on, disorganized