New Caney ISD Employee Reviews in United States

Food Service
Food Service (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXNovember 18, 2015
I worked here for over ten years under two different department heads. I would say that they were both totally opposites. The first one actually took an interest in the employees and the current one only cares about the bottom line and making herself look good to the district because she does not have the degree for the position she holds. As far as working in the campus kitchens, it is hit and miss. Everyone has different personalities and you need to adapt to that. the great thing is you only work Monday through Friday and your off holidays and summers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Beware of Director of Department
Professional School Environment with Family Atmosphere
Mentor Teacher and Coach (Current Employee) –  New Caney, TXMarch 11, 2014
As a teacher in New Caney ISD, I was on the frontlines of educating the youth of the Porter/New Caney area. The area has gone through many changes in the past several years, but none as big as the demographics. I enjoyed my coworkers and management and would recommend this school district to anyone looking to start their teaching career.
Pros
job security, friendly staff and management
Cons
unpaid overtime, hard headed parents
Healthport
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  New Caney, TXAugust 28, 2013
A typical day at Healthport was that you came to work at 8:00 - 5:00.
You went straight to work answering telephones, returning phone calls that came in after hours.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
paying for parking
Counselor's Secretary
Counselors Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXJuly 22, 2013
Very busy! High school students. Assisted students with school needs. Worked with Counselors.
Pros
good hours.
Cons
end of the year for seniors!
Creative teaching assignments
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  multiple campusesJuly 15, 2013
Challenging assignments where there is never a dull moment. One learns to be creative and disciplined. Time must be managed efficiently in order to reach students who may need additional assistance. Management within the New Caney ISD is wonderful. The principals whom I have worked with are extremely supportive of their staff. Fellow educators are always willing to go out of their way to assist another professional. The most difficult part of the job is knowing you may not reach every child everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. Simply knowing you have made a difference in the life of just one or more children gives one a sense of purpose. I have enjoyed the time I have worked for New Caney ISD.
Pros
chance to interact with other educators
Cons
short breaks; lack of benefits for substitutes
A seventh grade teacher to educate reading,writing and grammar
Seventh grade teacher (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXJanuary 31, 2013
Teaching for five years I realized that education of these children required caring, consideration of the curriculum, and team work.
My co-workers were helpful in lesson planning and duties.
Seeing a bright light bulb with a great smile shows me that the students understood the lesson.
Pros
watching children succeed
Cons
dealing with the extra paper work, continueing education requirements to maintain the certificate.
rewarding job teaching children
Substitute Teacher/nurse (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXOctober 24, 2012
Being a substitiute teacher and nurse for the school district was very rewarding knowing that you are helping to development the minds of young children and the impact you have on them. Since, I only subbed for the school, there were no benefits or job advancement available- because it was not a full time job for me. I am sure they have great benefits and great advancement opportunities.
Pros
worked well with my children's schedule and pleasant to be there.
Cons
was not a regular job

4.3