New Caney ISD Employee Reviews

Good with children
Child Nutrition Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXJuly 9, 2017
The Children was always our #1 concern. We served quality food. And presented it well. It was hard work but it was fun and always kept you on your toes.
Various responsibilities
Maintenance/Custodian (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXMay 20, 2017
The job environment is good. Fast recruitment. Relocation and work hour as requested. Stability, growth opportunities through certifications. Team work oriented.
Sport Oriented District
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Porter, TXMay 18, 2017
There is a lot of transitions going on the the district. Due to this there is a lot of employee turnover from the District Administers and below. Should be a great district once this settles down.
Paraprofessional
Educational Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXMay 15, 2017
I would show up to my assignment and receive instruction. I was a substitute teacher for K-12.

I learned there is a shortage of caring teachers.

Substitutes are not a part of the work community and are often short term, day-to-day employees.

Hardest part of the job was dealing with behavioral issues.

Best part of the job was teaching kids valuable information and getting to know them.
Pros
Flexiable schedule, fun environment, more family time
Cons
Not full time employee, no benefits
steady hours
School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXMarch 17, 2017
The best part of the job was steady hours involving picking up students and returning them home. There was overtime available for after hours trips which sometimes allowed the drivers to participate.

The hardest part of the job was student management.
Pros
the students
Cons
healthcare
Close to Home
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXJanuary 24, 2017
I had a great experience working at New Caney ISD. Management was very respectful and helpful. Staff was always friendly and upbeat. Overall an awesome place to work at.
Pros
Excellent Benefits
Teacher Assistance
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Porter, TXJanuary 23, 2017
I assist the teacher with curriculum and help the behavior students. I help the students with their assignment and I walk the halls on hallway monitor.
Pros
Weekend Off
Cons
No Discount Lunch
Decent work
Child Nutrition Worker (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXJanuary 21, 2017
A typical day at NCISD is labor intensive. You learn to keep accurate records. The management is very hands on helping the staff to have successful student lunches go off without a hitch. The cultural attitude of the kitchen is very pleasant as the workers each have their designated areas of work and tend to interact in a friendly manner. The hardest part of the job is finishing the after lunch cleanup before the end of the shift. The most enjoyable part of the job is the student to staff interactions.
Stable income
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  New Caney, TXOctober 16, 2016
More contiguous hours preferred. Excellent management. Awesome execution. Only the best of the best accepted. What else can I say just fantastic people and atmosphere.
Excellent school system
SPED Paraprofessional (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXSeptember 29, 2016
What a great place to work at, they love the children here and strive to provide education and excellence within. The students at NCE are amazing, bright children and love to learn
Pros
learning and teaching the students
Cons
not enough pay for what you do
great team to work for
Custodian/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXJanuary 20, 2016
worked from 3-12 and we would come in get our carts and go to our area and start the hall classes that didn't have classes in them then work our way around busy classes till all of the area was cleaned and ready for the next day.
Food Service
Food Service (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXNovember 18, 2015
I worked here for over ten years under two different department heads. I would say that they were both totally opposites. The first one actually took an interest in the employees and the current one only cares about the bottom line and making herself look good to the district because she does not have the degree for the position she holds. As far as working in the campus kitchens, it is hit and miss. Everyone has different personalities and you need to adapt to that. the great thing is you only work Monday through Friday and your off holidays and summers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Beware of Director of Department
Professional School Environment with Family Atmosphere
Mentor Teacher and Coach (Current Employee) –  New Caney, TXMarch 11, 2014
As a teacher in New Caney ISD, I was on the frontlines of educating the youth of the Porter/New Caney area. The area has gone through many changes in the past several years, but none as big as the demographics. I enjoyed my coworkers and management and would recommend this school district to anyone looking to start their teaching career.
Pros
Job Security, Friendly Staff and Management
Cons
Unpaid overtime, Hard headed parents
Healthport
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  New Caney, TXAugust 28, 2013
A typical day at Healthport was that you came to work at 8:00 - 5:00.
You went straight to work answering telephones, returning phone calls that came in after hours.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
paying for parking
Counselor's Secretary
Counselors Secretary (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXJuly 22, 2013
Very busy! High school students. Assisted students with school needs. Worked with Counselors.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
End of the year for Seniors!
Creative teaching assignments
Substitute Teacher  (Current Employee) –  multiple campusesJuly 15, 2013
Challenging assignments where there is never a dull moment. One learns to be creative and disciplined. Time must be managed efficiently in order to reach students who may need additional assistance. Management within the New Caney ISD is wonderful. The principals whom I have worked with are extremely supportive of their staff. Fellow educators are always willing to go out of their way to assist another professional. The most difficult part of the job is knowing you may not reach every child everyday. The most enjoyable part of the job is the sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. Simply knowing you have made a difference in the life of just one or more children gives one a sense of purpose. I have enjoyed the time I have worked for New Caney ISD.
Pros
Chance to interact with other educators
Cons
short breaks; lack of benefits for substitutes
A seventh grade teacher to educate reading,writing and grammar
Seventh grade teacher (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXJanuary 31, 2013
Teaching for five years I realized that education of these children required caring, consideration of the curriculum, and team work.
My co-workers were helpful in lesson planning and duties.
Seeing a bright light bulb with a great smile shows me that the students understood the lesson.
Pros
watching children succeed
Cons
dealing with the extra paper work, continueing education requirements to maintain the certificate.
rewarding job teaching children
Substitute Teacher/nurse (Former Employee) –  New Caney, TXOctober 24, 2012
Being a substitiute teacher and nurse for the school district was very rewarding knowing that you are helping to development the minds of young children and the impact you have on them. Since, I only subbed for the school, there were no benefits or job advancement available- because it was not a full time job for me. I am sure they have great benefits and great advancement opportunities.
Pros
worked well with my children's schedule and pleasant to be there.
Cons
was not a regular job