New Century Health Employee Reviews

New Century Health
Senior .Net Developer (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLAugust 26, 2016
New Century Health has major campuses in Miramar FL and Brea CA. To inspire hope and contribute to health and well-being by providing the best care to every patient through integrated clinical practice, education and research.
The Project eConsults benefit patients by eliminating the need for a second visit, in most cases. It benefits referring care providers by allowing the care management to stay within their control. Also, eConsults take about one-third of the time of face-to-face appointments, which frees up care providers' schedules
Great Company
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 1, 2016
Very great company with much room to grow. They had a lot of perks for the employees through the year and they made you feel very important. Trained on everything, there was always areas to better yourself and they made you feel as if they cared about learning and training to make you a better employee for the company.
Learned a lot at work
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJanuary 2, 2017
My management is very supportive, have a friendly behaviour, always encourages the employees at work and fullfills all the needs of the employee.
My co-workers are very compitative and sportive.
Great company
Utilization Review Oncology Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 9, 2017
I enjoyed working for NCH. I was the first nurse to pilot the telecommuting of nurses. It was a success. The nurses and doctors were very willing to help and make sure you succeeded.
fun work place
Network Engineer (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAOctober 26, 2016
Good atmosphere and cool place.Good job and good compensation and good benefits and good security and good advancement and good management and good job culture.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
If you are seasoned and experienced in the claims industry, DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME
Claims Examiner (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 15, 2016
Management makes poor decisions based on emotions. They are not objective and have favoritism. Management do not promote based on skills and experience but based on your personal relationship with them.

Too many high school behavior and back stabbing within the department. Management promotes this type of behavior by taking sides.

Management nor HR follow the chain of command. Instead of advising employees to follow the chain of command and resolve issues within each other or with their manager, they entertain problems which in turns become bigger than what it was.

So if you are experienced and skilled, this is not a place for you. Your skills and knowledge will be overlooked.
Great company
Utilization Review Nurse-Oncology (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLApril 7, 2016
NCH is a great company to work for. They take care of their employees and the work atmosphere is family oriented. Thorough training is provided to ensure a strong knowledge bass to increase productivity and success. Management is approachable and willing to help.
Serene environment
LPN (Current Employee) –  Conyers, GAJuly 5, 2016
Hospice is very serene environment, patients and family members appreciate the care that is provided.
don't waste your time
Medical Authorization Coordinator (Former Employee) –  brea,caJune 2, 2015
Horrible management, very judgemental, high school atmosphere. Health insurance benefits are the only positive that comes from working at this company. MAC supervisor shows obvious signs of being power hungry and will not hesitate to retaliate if authority is questioned. HR turns a blind eye to all negative treatment of employees by management.
Pros
health insurance
Cons
management
Don't waste your time if have experience
Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  BreaJanuary 19, 2015
management displays favoritism, if you are not " in " there is no growth for you in this company, employee benefit is average to a little above average, but the pay is poor in comparison to the volume of work and stress. if you need some experience in this area then try it out, otherwise if you are experienced, look else where .
Pros
located in a nice area
Cons
clicky atmosphere, immature management
Productive fast pace environment
Medical Authorization Coordinator Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brea, CAFebruary 13, 2013
A typical day at work for New Century Health involved multiple calls, employee training, compliance to policies and procedures, and decision making. I learned how to be a better manager, by attending seminars. My co- workers were friendly and well educated. The hardest part about my position was keeping the staff in compliance at minute of the day. The most enjoyable part of my position was to train staff to their best potential and allow them to move on to other departments.
Helped to advance the company through a massive growth in a short period of time
IT Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJune 22, 2012
I am a part of the IT Infrastructure group, tasked with making sure that we are always online and that all of our systems are functioning as they should.

Sole person responsible for support of our three products, both to internal and external user's.

I have learned quite a lot here and they have included, but are not limited to time management, patience, peripheral networking, replacement of hardware (faxes, scanners, pc's, Lifesize Video Conferencing).

My most difficult part of my job consisted of my start time (5am PST)

I enjoy my co-workers and the time i've spent here. I wish every work experience could be this rewarding and as much of a learning experience that I hope will propel me into something just as challenging.
Three Star Company-Don't waste your time
Employee (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJanuary 13, 2014
*Disfuncinal work environment

*No Opportunity for growth

*Management lacks communication skill with employees

*Poor problem solving and company system development

These are just some of the problems with this company. The list could go on. Don't waste your time with this company it is going down hill.
Pros
Great Health Plan
Cons
Pay rate/Management knowledge of the company
Low morale and poor management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brea, CANovember 28, 2013
Low morale throughout the entire company, no motivation, no growth opportunities. Manager was unwilling to help out employees in her department. High turnover rate. Overall, I am glad I left when I did.
Pros
Good Health Insurance for employee only
Cons
No growth opportunities
Great break room
Pharmacy Technician/ Intake Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAJanuary 11, 2015
Employees and management create a high school atmosphere. Pay is sorely low for work and tasks assigned. Management is rude and uncourteous. An experienced tech should not seek employment here.
Pros
Good break room
Cons
Very low pay
no room to move up with company
Medical Authorizations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brea, CAApril 21, 2012
extremely busy workplace, great team, not too great supervisor (lack of leadership skills)
Great
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  BreaJune 29, 2014
Great company to work. Lots of responsibility and fastest growing

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Century Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9