New Century Transportation

New Century Transportation Employee Reviews in United States

Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJMay 21, 2016
I loved working with my co workers were great I learned a lot about time management and data information great work environment
Pros
learned alot about data entry
Cons
short lunch breaks
Productive ,busy atmosphere. constant workflow
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJFebruary 5, 2016
Working for Johnson food service was a great expierience. It allowed me to take my knowledge of cookery to another level. Cooking for large quantities of people at a time is definately way different than cooking on the line one dish at a time.
Pros
good benefits, close to home
Cons
management seemed to abuse their power and never considered your personal needs
tough work, required total focus!
Load Planner (Former Employee) –  N.J.September 29, 2015
New Century is no longer in business.
our type of transportation co was unique in it's delivery system.
all work was done in a fast paced atmosphere, as all local and regional deliveries were considered next day deliveries.
all truckloads out to 650 miles were also next day deliveries
Hard work Hazardous waste exposure
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJune 10, 2015
-Long standing standing in a assembly line sorting out what belongs sweeping up endless debris.
-what waste product could be used to recycle
-The management was professional
-The co worker work just as hard
-THe warehouse was often hot,
-Learning about the every day products could be recycled, and used for good purpose
Pros
it was a job, close by my resident
Cons
the pay, one 15 minute break
Productive place to work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJMarch 16, 2015
New Century was a good place to work. We had a good team and was able to meet aggressive deadlines. It is too bad they had to close down.
Pros
hours
Cons
short breaks
Normal Work Day
Trainer/Lead Man/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJJanuary 5, 2015
A fast pace environment, meeting and exceeding work loads on time. Managers and trainers making sure the forklift operaters had all the right material for completing task. On going communication with load planner and managers on finish times of loads. Clear communication with other forklift operaters of inbound freight coming out of trailers. The hardest part of the job was getting freight out of the nose of an inbound trailer that needed to go out the same night. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a finished load scaled out and ready for a driver to deliver to our customers
Pros
the job was fairly simple
Cons
finding the freight on the dock on a busy day
I did my job well and that's how I was treated.
OTR Driver (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJDecember 12, 2014
They kept me rolling, great accessorial pay, my dispatchers were hard working. The company was family oriented, and always got me home on my time off. Open door policy, developed many friends there. Terminal facilities weren't the greatest but better than nothing. The pay and benefits offset that for me. Great rider program.
Pros
too many to list.
Cons
terminal facilities.
Over all New Century Transportation was a excellent place to work.
Compliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJOctober 14, 2014
New Century Transportation unfortunately closed it's doors on June 9, 2014. It was a pleasure working for them. I learned so much and grew with the company over the years. We were a great team and worked very hard.
no coment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  westampton,njOctober 7, 2014
not a good working environment very dirty and bad equipment
Poor
Dispatcher - Transport and Storage/Materials (Former Employee) –  mount holly, njOctober 6, 2014
Poor Company went Bankrupt for no reason, Management chose to close doors instead of Union
nice place to work
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Hampton, NJSeptember 13, 2014
This business forclosed in July. Theres nothing else to report.
busy and multi tasking required
Claims Specialist/OSD (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJSeptember 5, 2014
Co-workers were good people to work with. My manager and supervisor were the best.
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
no raise in 7 years for the entire company
Organized and very sociable environment to help complete given duties
Dock Loader (Former Employee) –  Westampton NJJuly 28, 2014
Overall, the job was pretty easy to accomplish the given tasks that I received. The management wasn't the best, but everyone took pride in their work. I've learned a great deal of patience working at New Century. My only dislike is the unfair treatment of dedicated workers who lost their job due to the poor management decisions which led to filing chapter 7.
This was most times an enjoyable place to work. There were also sometimes that could be a little stressful.
Load Planner (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJJuly 11, 2014
I enjoyed going to work everyday. I would start by trying to set all the work up for other load planners. I would plan the loads for delivery, manifest the loads. We sometimes had relays for some of the loads and I would set up the drivers for the relay. We also had shuttles that we would interline with another company and I would have to communicate with these people daily. My co-workers were all friendly and we would help each other out when we could.
Excellent
Vice President Driver Advocacy (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJJuly 8, 2014
Excellent company to work at with great people to work with. Learned LTL Load to Ride Model advantages and disadvantages.
Pros
salary, benefits and work envirement
Cons
load to ride model can only sustain margins with heavy weight ltl shipments of 4, 000 lbs and greater limiting market scope.
Worked there for 10 years and loved the job.
Cartage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJJune 25, 2014
Worked there for many years, helped to develop the Cartage department and process the daily functions, I.e.: Reports, tracking and related customer details, including rates and billing functions.

Management and the workers were all a good team of dedicated people.

The hardest part of the job keeping up with the tons of emails.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting situations solved.
Pros
working with a good group of people
Cons
issues with other departments that had an impact on the cartage dept.
Once was a dream job
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJJune 25, 2014
When I started at New Century it was a dream job. Great pay good mgmt and lots of work. It was a fun place to work and the people were a joy to work with we definitely had our A game going and could handle anything.Our pay continued to grow with the companies success and we always felt appreciated. We continually worked 12+ hours a day for several years in the beginning to get the job done.Hardest part of the job must have been making some of the loads work they were difficult to say the least at times. It was common to be loading 60 or more pallets on one load and throw a couple large crates in there for good measure. We stacked and packed all road loads to maximize use of trailer space. We were very good at what we did! After several years of loving this company things changed, and investment firm took control of the company and everything changed it became all about the bottom line and making profit for the share holders. It was the downfall of a great company. It is a shame I actually was looking forward to retiring from here.As of now the company no longer exist due to the investment firm pulling out and banckrupting the company.
Pros
appreciation, compensation
Cons
investment firm owned
Very busy on daily bases
O.S.&D. and Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westamtpon NJJune 23, 2014
Call and issues all day with driver and customer issues Handled all cartage issues and exception reports
Pros
good people to work with
Cons
company shut down
I did not receive a raise in seven years and now the company is bankrupt. Fifteen hundred people are now out of work.
Customer Service Specialist / Data Clerk (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJJune 15, 2014
The company went bankrupt and fifteen hundred people lost their jobs. It was a great place to work at one time but at the end no one was happy.
it was a great place to work in the begining...
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJJune 13, 2014
miles were really good and equipment was top notch and the dispatchers were a pleasure to work with...towards the end it got worse and sad to say its over now... ill miss my job there... all in all it was a good company... kept me a float for 8+ years

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Century Transportation. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8