NEW Corp

NEW Corp Employer Reviews

Left to become a homemaker
Customer service specialist (Former Employee), Klamath Falls, ORJuly 23, 2014
Pros: good work
Cons: not willing to work with me on hours after working whith other employees on it.
Husband was making good money at the time and needed to stay home with my child.
Nice work at home job
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Work at HomeMarch 27, 2014
Pros: free directv service
Cons: not being able to take off when needed
It was Great! Loved what we did however, the hours didn't work for having children. We would work 4 hours on 4 hours off and then back to 4 hours on. When you have small children it was impossible. Having to work every weekend and holidays became an issue as well.
I loved it !
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Meridian, MSMarch 10, 2014
Working at NEW was the absolute best experience for me so far. Management was great , co workers were great, the environment was great. the pay was great . I would say the only down fall would scheduling.
Call Center Crazy
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Meridian, MSFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: great benifets
Cons: high stress from angry customers
Changing programing, paying a bill, setting up a service call and ordering a ay per view was usually easy. I learned have patience with customers and to also not that what they said personal when they would cuss me out. Most days were normal and the CSRs would be able to socialize with each other between calls. We did have fairs and games at work because – more... it could get boring. I did like this job and enjoyed most of my time there. – less
Review
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Rapid City, SDJanuary 25, 2014
Customer Care Representative for Directv. Where we would do technical support for the our customers over the phone. We also would take payments ,set up appointments , take payments over the phone.
Great Company
Technical Customer Care Supervisor Call Center (Former Employee), Altoona, PADecember 26, 2013
The Management staff def understand how to make you feel needed and not just a cog in the machine. Great company even tho i was fired lol.
Being Productive is What Matters
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Meridian, Ms.November 25, 2013
What i learned from my previous work experience is that customer service is the main key in being successful in life. To assist others, no matter what the job is, has a toll on life itself. Personally, I love to help others the best way i know how. That is what really matters to me in life. I get along with everybody and never seem to meet enemies. – more... My personality rubs off on many to the point to where i think i am a positive leader to many. The most thing i love about my job is the freedom to converse with people all over the world and at the end of the day, to know that i help someone and put smiles on many faces is the best thing in life. – less
This project is an Independent Third Party Administrator of Extended service plans, buyer protection services and product support programs. CCPL provi
Java Developer (Former Employee), Sterling, VAAugust 19, 2013
• Created WSDL/Schema for the Web Service.
• Created clients to consume Web Services and Get/Post Services.
• Actively participated in the business & functional meetings.
• Developed business tier and service facades using EJB3.0
• Performed unit testing, integration testing for the whole application.
• Deployed the client applications on the Development – more... Server Tomcat on daily basis.
• Developed application in windows platform & deployed on UNIX platform.
• Developed front end using JSF and Spring framework
• Extensively used AJAX for the front end development.
• Worked on Hibernate as an ORM tool
• Created & configured spring beans in to the application.
• Generating Pie Chart, Bar Chart reports for the client Best buy.
• Created release notes for production deployment.
• Used CVS for version control – less
Difficult To Work For
Data entry (Former Employee), HomeAugust 10, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: lack of support, management cannot correct issues
Granted that there are always procedures to follow but when it takes 8 to 10 steps to get back to where it would have only taken one is redundant. No one is trained to do the job the same way and being able to give the customers satisfactory service is next to impossible.
Customer Service Rep
Customer Service for DirecTV (Former Employee), work at homeAugust 9, 2013
Pros: worked from home didn't have to commute.
Cons: nothing except unstable internet connection messed this up for me.
Customer's called in and you answered the questions and trouble shooted their equipment and tried to upsale their proection plan.
Productive and fun place to work.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), meridian, msApril 25, 2013
This was a great place to work all management work closely with employees and has a caring environment. The hardest part was the customers calling in unhappy but they are easy to deal with. All of the co-workers were helpful when and if i needed anything.
I enjoyed the working better than the training.
very strict work place
Customer service Reprensentative (Current Employee), Tupelo, MSMarch 26, 2013
Pros: free lunch, incentives, raise every six month
Cons: terrrible work schedule, were open every day of the year and work all holiday
My day consist of handling customer technical issue, assisting with upgrades and billing inquiries
Productive place to work
Sr. Java Application Developer (Former Employee), Sterling, VAMarch 14, 2013
Learnt a lot, enjoyed working there.
the management is good.
The job required technical expertise with computer programs and a lack of interaction with co-workers.
Work at Home Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Hubert, NCFebruary 28, 2013
Pros: didn't have to drive to work.
Cons: didn't agree with how customers were dealt with, and training program wasn't sufficient.
Load up all neccessary programs and prepare to take calls.
I learned some trouble shooting techniques plus how to handle customers.
My co-workers were all at thier own homes so I was a bit estranged from them.
The hardest part is fixing problems with information given from customers on the phone when they may not know the problem.
The most enjoyable – more... part was the lack of commute. – less
Fun
Customer Service (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSFebruary 12, 2013
This was my first job as a teenager. I appreciate "Micky D's" for teaching me the importance of maintaining a job. It was in which this job that indeed prepared me for the working road. I was taught responsibility, accuracy, and the importance of attendance.
Experance
Customer Services Rep (Former Employee), Sterling, VAFebruary 4, 2013
The coworkers were great and i meet new people. They did some changes in the attendance policy that was a little crazy and didnt help with people who got sick.
Good pay and benefits but can be stressful
CCR (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSNovember 14, 2012
Pros: free meals on occasions, free dtv, good health dental and vision insurance
Cons: work schedules, grading system, rude customers, stressful environment
I liked the pay I received at NEW and they have great benefits but the overall work environment can be very stressful. I worked there for almost a year and a half but I had to find another job because it had begun to stress me out, and it's not only the customers that can cause problems.
Great work at home program
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GANovember 5, 2012
Pros: work from home
Cons: can not have no background noise at all
Enjoyed working from home, Assisted Cm. with techical support with outside companies such as Best Buy Geek Squad and DirectTV
THE PHONES
Customer service rep Responsibilities (Former Employee), Meridian, MSSeptember 29, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: heath
TALKING ON THE PHONE WITH THE CUSTOMER WAS A GREAT EXPERINCE. FREE DTV AS WELL
Okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), rapid city sdMay 31, 2012
I would go in and began taking calls. management was okay and i didn't really have any coworkers. the hardest part was sitting all day