NEW Corporation Employee Reviews in United States

Convient as is a work from home position but difficult to get the assistance you need.
customer care representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 23, 2014
A typical day at work included tech support for a wide variety of issues for satellite television. You learn to be self sufficient at this job because you are working form home and at time a supervisor may not be able to assist you. Some managers I had were great on top of tasks but others did things completely different and there seemed to not be a clear policy on certain procedures. The hardest part of the job is the ability to have that one on one time with your manager when you need some help
New
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Linton, INFebruary 24, 2014
I loved working for NEW. It is a work at home based company and I worked for the DirecTV part of the company. I got to sit in my pjs in the comfort of my home and take inbound tech support calls. The customers were usually very, very difficult. They were upset that they were not getting the service they paid for, so it was a daily struggle to try and stay positive for everyone. I loved all my mangers that I had while working there. They were are very personal, as much as they could be while talking on the phone, and always eager to help out when I needed something. Overall it was a good job.
Pros
good mangers
Cons
no time off
Productive and fun workplace...enjoyed the food parties.
Direct TV Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Klamath Falls, OROctober 28, 2013
A typical work day involved talking with customers on the phone to resolve Direct TV issues. I learned how to deal with angry customers, fix the issues, or setup service calls. Management was helpful with resolving issues that I did not have training in. The co-workers helped to make the day go easier when there was a situation that needed additional steps that were not on the scripts. The hardest part of my job was having to get the customers off the phone in five minutes or less. The most enjoyable part of my job was talking with the customers while resolving their issues.
Pros
free lunches.
Cons
having time limits on the calls.
Competitive company w/great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORAugust 20, 2012
I enjoy working for NEW as they are a company that cares about their workers, their customers, and the bottom line. I have alot of co-workers whom I have great repore with. The hardest part of my job is meeting company goals as I am a fixer. I want to stay on the phone and get the customers issue resolved but also realize this is not good for the bottom line. I have set many goals and have achieved these goals while working for NEW.
I like the fact that the CEO of NEW went on tv for Under cover bosses to really see what we go through on a daily baises. This really shows they do care.
Pros
the benefits, flexibility on scheduling, paid time off, and advancement opportunity
Cons
high stress
Horrible place to work! What a big waste of time.
WAH Tech Support (Former Employee) –  FloridaOctober 22, 2012
I was released from WAH training after 5 days and until this day, I could not tell you why. Maybe because I asked too many questions. Horrible management and trainers. Many questions go unanswered. The picture that they paint is definitely not practiced through out the company. The bad part is that I turned 2 other WAH companies down to work for these creeps! Now the other jobs are no longer interested.
Pros
work from home
Cons
too many to list

Comment – November 12, 2012

You and I had similar experiences only I made it to the evaluations and oh boy...what is the purpose of it! How can one tell by the top of week 3 if someone is competent enough to answer phones and follow scripts? Be glad that you were released, if their training was this misleading I don't even want to know what production is like. I hope you found a better company. Convergys, Alpine Access, West at Home, VIPDesk, etc. Google is your friend! Good luck!

Test to my patience and problem solving skills
Customer Care Representative (CCR) (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLDecember 29, 2012
A typical day at NEW taking inbound calls from DirecTV customers with technical issues, billing questions or general inquiries definitely was a test to my patience and problem solving skills. I learned how to be like a teacher that was forced to change her teaching style every phone call. Each customer was different in understanding of the DirecTV system and technology in general, so what worked for one person didn't necessarily work for the next.
Great benefits and pay was ok
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARSeptember 6, 2012
This isn't a bad place to work however you are expected to have no life when it comes to your work schedule. You have to work on holidays including Christmas yet management is never there on the holidays which was something i had a very hard time with because i don't like it when others ask of you to do something they are not willing to do themselves.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
so much time spent at the desk with no stimulation.
Productive and fun work envirnment.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Hays, KSApril 6, 2012
Assisting customer with there products like, registoring them in our current system, and or file a claim on a product if the had experienced a faliure. While working there I actually picked up on some vocabulary, and how to treat others respectfully. My team members were great and very helpful, we all got a long well, and it was a fun expereince. The hardest part of the job is denying some for assistance, because there product either wasnt covered or that the manufactor was going to be handling there product. The most enjoyable time of my do at work was when others got to work because in the morning I was the only one there from 8:30-11:30.
Pros
benefits, pto, etop, overtime, supervisors.
Cons
short breaks, sitting down the entire time, getting headaches.
Creative, talented, etc
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 4, 2012
Logged in by phone. When I received a call I manage their questions and give assistance relating to the services supplied by the company. I learned not to make assumptions about anyone without asking inquiries. Management was okay. Co-workers were great bunch. Leaving my co-workers.. When I made a difference.
Pros
flexible hours, holiday dinners, etc
Cons
not enough hours, short lunch, etc
Great Benefits but very stricked
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDApril 7, 2013
A typical day at work would be to help the customer with any technical issue they are calling about. What I learned was to not be so defensive about what the customer is saying, all they really need to do is vent. They aren't mad at you just the situation. The hardest part is keeping your cool with an angry customer. No matter how hard you had to try and descalate.
Fun place, management sometimes on a different page
Customer Service Position, telephone agent (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 13, 2012
We were telephone customer service agents, each separated by our own small cubicle. We were not allowed to leave our desks for any reason, and we were not allowed to speak with our coworkers inbetween calls. This was sometimes very fustrating, but it was a fun place to work at when the managers energy was up and positive.
Great place to work if you make it into the company :d
CCR (Current Employee) –  WORK @HOMEMarch 16, 2013
Great place to work if you qualified to work in this company, I did and ia m so happy working at new, managers are great and helpful. To all those people who didn’t make it into the company good luck to all of you , but please don’t write bad about this company just because you didn’t qualified for it. I am actually in here and Im loving it.
Pros
great incentives, great pay.
Cons
stress

Comment – March 21, 2013

First of all it isn't a great company to work for! You even noted stress as a con! What stress do you mean? Any job that causes stress isn't a "great" job. What do you mean by good pay? REALLY maybe good pay 30 years ago, not now :)

Serious customer care environment
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTApril 11, 2014
My job was to handle customer complaints and field questions about redeeming warranties customers had purchased through their local Walmart. If they qualified, their warranty was redeemed and they received a product repair, replacement or refund.
Pros
a job
Cons
constantly changing break and lunch times
Love or hate job. Great pay for odd hours.
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  South DakoraMay 5, 2013
This company gets a lot of grief for its hours. Think of it this way: you work 40 hours at a minimum wage job you love. Working here you'll average $200+ a paycheck. If you're miserable here, don't work here. If you like it, you get great pay and benefits.

You do work odd hours because they don't need employee's during normal work hours- because nobodies home during work hours!

$11 an hour with guaranteed 40 hours, medical, dental, vision and free DirecTV services and almost guaranteed overtime if you want it: Good luck finding a job any better without any college degree's. This coming from somebody just out of high school.
Pros
pay / benefits, guaranteed hours, over-time is $15 an hour, little education needed (just a high-school diploma) + full $200 directv services for free.
Cons
it's a desk job, it gets dry but if you can deal with it, the pay is amazing.

Comment – July 14, 2013

Coming from the same industry(telecommunications) I was making 16 an hour and monthly bonuses of approximately $100 to $200 on top of that. Not to mention another bonus every three months of approximately $400-$600, double time and a half on holidays, plenty of PTO, free cable and internet service, flexibility, and great benefits. This job does not sound like it pays well.

Loved my job!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Altoona, PAJuly 17, 2013
Working with NEW Corp and DIRECTV was an eye-opening experience. This was my first real steady job and I absolutely loved every minute of it. Helping customers was the best part of my day. I enjoyed it deeply!
Pros
plentiful overtime, voluntary time off the phones, free coffee, same day pto, pto
Cons
n/a
productive and laid back workplace
Retail- Sales (Current Employee) –  Anderson, SCJuly 3, 2012
-Customer service, store recovery, and paperwork
-Management and co-workers work well with each other to accomplish daily task
-I enjoy this job because of the one-on-one with customers
Pros
interaction with customers and friendly atmosphere
Cons
not enough hours: 9-15 hrs a week
The same everyday
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDJuly 20, 2012
A typical work day would include being clocked in at exactly 1pm and ready to take calls at that time. I would answer and troubleshoot with customer, add change services on their accounts, set up service calls and pay or explain their bill. I learned how to diagnose a problem just by a customers description, follow a script to a "T" and either fix their problem or set up a service call. Management was confusing. When I first started working there they said you could move up in as little at 3 months, but when I was able to move up and be paid more they would extend it another month. My co-workers were very helpful when I first started actually taking calls then I had been there the longest and I was helping new people. The hardest part of the job was the training and the tests. The most enjoyable part was hearing my customers satisfaction for my job through the phone.
Pros
benefits and fun co-workers
Cons
not being able to move up in the company as expected
Customer Service Representative/Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ArkansasAugust 12, 2012
Loved providing feedback to employees on a daily basis to assist in the need to provide outstanding customer service. Managers were all great to work with and very laid back yet maintains a fast-paced work environment.
Warranties and trouble shooting
Professional Customer Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLSeptember 22, 2013
Call flow was strange,, some days,,, only one person would be getting all the calls , while others would be waiting,,, able to read at desk in between calls
Pros
not far from where i lived
Cons
to much, unreasonable changes
Great management, stressful environment.
Help Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Russellville, ARSeptember 25, 2013
The job itself is great, management works most scheduled changes needed. Like any call center though the calls can be stressful and difficult to handle.
Pros
fair pay, helpful management
Cons
stress