New Dawn Memory Care is searching for uniquely qualified individuals to join our passionate and compassionate team of professional caregivers. At New Dawn, care for individuals with memory impairment including dementia and Alzheimer’s disease is our sole focus. We pride ourselves in offering state-of-the-art care and service in everything we do.
The Director of Health and Wellness works closely with the Executive Director, Nurses, QMAPS, Doctors and all Health Care Providers to ensure that all of the Residents needs are met. The DHW establishes positive relationships and communication with families and outside medical personnel for the resident’s well being. The DHW works to maintain the resident in their New Dawn Memory Care home and to continually improve the quality of care and the reputation of New Dawn Memory Care of Aurora.
- Conduct pre-admission assessments in a timely manner with the goal of reaching and maintaining all occupancy goals.
- Manage the medication program including working with the pharmacy, Pharmacy Consultant, QMAPS and physicians, training and supervising the nurses and QMAPS, monitoring the medication documentation and all other tasks related to proper medication administration.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, scheduling, supervising and coaching of the nursing and QMAP team including performance appraisals.
- Communicate with families and responsible parties any health and wellness related issues as per the New Dawn Memory Care policies, while maintaining positive relationships.
- Coordinate and communicate with physicians, rehab groups, home health, hospice and other health related services on behalf of the resident.
- Serve on-call 24/7 for health emergencies unless a designee has been assigned to cover with permission of the Executive Director.
- Visit residents in the hospital or other settings as needed.
- Participate in the professional networking, particularly to other health care providers to educate them about New Dawn Memory Care and to develop referral relationships.
- Provide ongoing training and coaching to all staff, particularly related to health and wellness including managing difficult behaviors. Assist in the start-up opening of New Dawn Memory Care of Aurora including selecting start-up supplies within budget, organizing workspace, establishing policies and procedures and assisting in the initial licensing of the community.
- Prepare the home for regular license inspections with other members of the management team.
- Promote the New Dawn Memory Care philosophy, Residents Rights, ALFA Philosophy of Care and the Alzheimer’s Association principles.
- Participate in the Community’s Operating Budget process as requested by the Executive Director as related to the Health and Wellness program.
- Be required to stand 4-6 hours at one time for as much as 8 hours in one day.
- Sit 2-4 hours in a day
- May drive 30 minutes to 2 hours in one day
- Infrequently drive up to 2 hours in one day for meetings
- Lift and carry up to 20 pounds frequently for up to 30 yards
- Be occasionally required to bend, squat, kneel, climb and reach up
- Licensed RN/LPN
- First Aid/CPR
- Administrators Licenses – preferred
- Finger Print Card
- Caring, compassionate and empathetic
- Minimum two years management experience
- Good leader
- Assist in developing and managing the health services portion of the Home Operating budget.
- Ability to problem solve and develop workable solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills using the English language.
- Enjoys working with seniors and families
- Conducts his/herself with integrity and honesty
- Ability to keep flexible hours in order to supervise the staff on all shifts and day
- Must be on-call for emergencies 24/7 unless a designee has been established with permission from the Executive Director.
- Must be available to work occasional weekends, evenings and nights on a specified basis in order to know, train and supervise staff on all shifts and schedules
Only the best need apply for employment:
The first requirement for employment at New Dawn is a caring heart and positive outlook. We then provide some of the best training in our field. In fact, every member of the New Dawn staff is trained in dementia care and behaviors by the Alzheimer’s Association. Ongoing training and education is also an essential part of our program. Employees receive continuous training on topics ranging from helping residents maintain their independence to managing aggressive behavior. Of course, every employee has a thorough background check and drug screen.
We offer high staff-to-resident ratios and have onsite nurses around-the-clock, every day. Our staff is paired with particular residents whenever possible so they truly get to know their unique capabilities and challenges, as well as likes and dislikes.
No relocation package is offered for this position.
Indeed - 2 years ago