Regional Director of Marketing – New Dawn Memory Care – February 2013
New Dawn Memory Care is searching for uniquely qualified individuals to join our passionate and compassionate team of professional caregivers. At New Dawn, care for individuals with memory impairment including dementia and Alzheimer’s disease is our sole focus. We pride ourselves in offering state-of-the-art care and service in everything we do. No relocation package is offered for this position.
Primary Position Responsibilities:
Define and Promote Branding for New Dawn Memory Care
- Establish a distinctive identity and brand in the marketplace as an irreplaceable Memory Care facility via direct sales with new prospects.
Develop Strategic Direction
- Develop and execute a comprehensive sales and marketing plan (focused on new clients) with targeted strategies and tactics to drive revenue and facility performance in all areas which will include a critical path, accountability, and ROI.
- Financial responsibility to meet expense budget goals and/or percent of gross revenue targets.
- Create quarterly reports which include accurate data and analysis outlining sales and marketing successes and shortfalls. Outlines to include strategies and tactics used to meet both revenue and expense budgets as well as the development of new business.
- Responsible for crisis sales planning and new business preparedness and management during higher demand periods.
- Work with President and COO to provide ongoing forecast models complete with weekly sales initiatives to ensure maximum occupancy.
Manage and Develop Sales and Marketing
- Evaluate new plan development sales efforts against defined competitive markets, territories and customer segments in order to optimize penetration and ensure that deployment of measurable, strategic sales plans are in place.
- Develop relevant financial performance sales goals on a monthly basis (e.g. August occupancy target 95% and $293,518 in room revenue and $100,000 in ancillary).
- Create strategic alignment between company and individual goals which includes the following:
o Annual Occupancy 98% with ongoing target of 100%
o 50 Direct Sales – new business calls per week
o 75 new business phone calls per week-Not drop bys or messages
- Maintain an active and strategic role in important professional industry organizations; and strive to be regarded favorably through developing personal and professional relationships.
- Prior success in establishing and leading a sales and marketing team of an Assisted Living facility or healthcare organization with a proven track record of exceeding revenue and subjective goals.
- Experience developing, implementing and evaluating short and long-term tactics and programs focused on customer and market needs/conditions in order to ensure the achievement of monthly and annual revenue goals.
- Proven background in leveraging strategic partnerships and initiating co-creations programs to drive high velocity of referrals, onsite tours and events.
- Six or more years experience as the top sales leader in a healthcare environment
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of the Assisted Living Industry
- Access to contacts that would serve as strong business resources for NDAL.
- Strong computer knowledge and skills.
Desirable Education / Experience:
- Degree in related field
- Experience leading sales and marketing efforts in an Assisted Living model.
- Sales and Marketing certification and/or training program completion
- Previous involvement in community relations activities
- Strong business planning experience which includes creating, writing and communicating complete revenue plans.
- Strong skills and successful use of financial and quantitative data to drive business strategy.
- Ability to establish and maintain realistic budgets while realizing projected results.
- Ability to effectively plan and implement processes and procedures necessary to ensure effective associate relations and customer services.
- Strong direct sales and marketing experience in business development of new and emerging market segments.
- Proven ability to establish dominant brand positioning within defined competitive sets and to establish a sustained pattern of market share advantage.
- Ability to formulate strong community relation ties and alliances supported with integrated marketing efforts to drive revenue.
- Strong understanding of customer relationship principles and experience implementing operational Community Relations Management (CRM) across sales disciplines.
- Ability to make things happen by encouraging and channeling the contributions of others, while accurately assessing personal strengths and development.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems while exercising good judgment and maintaining the best interest of NDAL.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all resident and NDAL information.
- Strong presentation skills including effective communication with various constituent groups, including an ability to inter-relate to owners, executives, vendors, the public, sales and marketing team members, doctors and other strategically important positions to the Assisted Living Community.
- Perform with the highest degree of ethical standards including building loyalty and trust and a reputation of excellence which results in a following of sales talent interested in working with NDAL and/or referring business. Able to separate personal from business and abide by the NDAL code of conduct. When representing NDAL, take pride in professional attire, presence and other professional behaviors.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial spirit, innovation and creativity
- Foster a cooperative work environment, which focuses on trusting relationships, maximum productivity and associate morale.
- Communicate effectively with all key stakeholders, with direct reporting to the President and COO.