New Dawn Memory Care

New Dawn Memory Care Employer Reviews

Work that is fulfilling morally, but not financially.
QMAP (Current Employee), Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: friendly co-workers, rewarding experience and job
Cons: inconsistent workforce, low wages, excessive monitoring of employees
An average day can range from manageable to excessively tiring. And while dealing with the residents, several patients diagnosed with Alzheimer's and cases of dementia can be a rewarding, lovely experience, it is the long hours and respect from management that can turn your experience into something very sour.

This job pays 10 dollars an hour, that – more... is for any entry level position they hire for. If you are looking for a paycheck you can live off of I would recommend searching at other nursing homes whose rates fall between 12-15, much more among the lines of what this job deserves. Many employees tend to quit early on, and leave for other positions at other facilities. And personally I cannot blame them when they call a day off from a facility that devalues them so much.

Many management positions offer a hugely different paycheck, and the difference is a bit jarring, coming from one of the individuals who is hands on, on site compared to them. Now that this facility has spent thousands in repairs and excessive equipment, I personally wonder why the rates they pay us hourly are so low.

It is a great place for experience, but given the time I've been part of this facility and all that I've done, they really should consider how they pay their workforce. – less
New Dawn is a great growing company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Aurora, COApril 3, 2013
I learn something new everyday and the growth with this company is amazing
Full of compassion and laughter
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 2, 2012
Pros: communication and friendly enviroment
Cons: different cooks with different ideas of what is "yummy" for the patients
I absolutely enjoy working with this company. There is always something different happening everyday. Also, communications seems to be great. I also enjoy the hardships that come with assisting the elderly. Its definitely a challenge working with alzheimers and dementia. Its a rewarding field.