New Dawn Memory Care Employee Reviews

not a well managed facility for managers
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZOctober 27, 2015
A typical day at work, first showers of certain clients, then food prep, bring all clients to tables, serve clients, help clients with meals. Toileting clients after meal, tear down table setting, do dishes, set up tables for next meal. Same routine for lunch and supper meals.
The floor staff members are close and work well as a team.
Assistant Director of Health and Wellness/RN (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZSeptember 24, 2015
I enjoy my residents and their families the most. The feeling that I am helping my residents building and strengthening our bond is the best part of my job.
Cons
No 401K
Nice place, poor management
Med Tech/Caregiver/Activities Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sun City West, AZSeptember 16, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy my job in assisted living, but unfortunately the place is ran poorly . There is mixed communication from the office staff, and favoritism has become a problem.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
management
Assisted Living
LPN (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 14, 2015
Residents have normal to metal issues with Dementia and Alzheimer. Specialize in Resident that have been removed from other facilities due to Behaviors and Aggression.Lock down unity consisting of 3 cottages.
Pros
Enjoy working with Residents and Managing Caregives
Cons
Long commute - low pay - minimal benifits
N/a
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Sun City West, AZMarch 12, 2015
Busy environment lacking management oversight and assistance. I truly enjoyed my experience and not only all the information I learned but the friendships, families and residents I grew close with.
productive place to work
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sun City West, AZNovember 18, 2014
good work place+ , good team work, clean environment, close to home, care givers help, need more staff, and alarm for resident safety, good food for residents, co- worker get along pretty well, resident are wonderful.
Pros
good team
Cons
not enough staff
This company is so disappointing....
IT Manager/Network Administrator (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 21, 2014
I would suggest staying away from this company. The President of the company is either often very confused or an outright liar.
Work that is fulfilling morally, but not financially.
QMAP (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJanuary 14, 2014
An average day can range from manageable to excessively tiring. And while dealing with the residents, several patients diagnosed with Alzheimer's and cases of dementia can be a rewarding, lovely experience, it is the long hours and respect from management that can turn your experience into something very sour.

This job pays 10 dollars an hour, that is for any entry level position they hire for. If you are looking for a paycheck you can live off of I would recommend searching at other nursing homes whose rates fall between 12-15, much more among the lines of what this job deserves. Many employees tend to quit early on, and leave for other positions at other facilities. And personally I cannot blame them when they call a day off from a facility that devalues them so much.

Many management positions offer a hugely different paycheck, and the difference is a bit jarring, coming from one of the individuals who is hands on, on site compared to them. Now that this facility has spent thousands in repairs and excessive equipment, I personally wonder why the rates they pay us hourly are so low.

It is a great place for experience, but given the time I've been part of this facility and all that I've done, they really should consider how they pay their workforce.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, rewarding experience and job
Cons
Inconsistent workforce, Low wages, Excessive monitoring of employees
New Dawn is a great growing company
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 3, 2013
I learn something new everyday and the growth with this company is amazing
Full of compassion and laughter
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 2, 2012
I absolutely enjoy working with this company. There is always something different happening everyday. Also, communications seems to be great. I also enjoy the hardships that come with assisting the elderly. Its definitely a challenge working with alzheimers and dementia. Its a rewarding field.
Pros
communication and friendly enviroment
Cons
different cooks with different ideas of what is "yummy" for the patients

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Dawn Memory Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8