New Directions Behavioral Health Employee Reviews

Most racist company and racist management I have ever worked for
Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 30, 2016
The management is horrible and very incompetent. I don't know where they found these people but whoever owns this company needs to clean house. Horrible pay for all the work they want you to do. This company works you like slaves and don't want to compensate you. Management doesn't recognize good employees. This company has a revolving door. So many employees walking in and out of this stupid company. I advise anyone to not apply for any job at this company.
Pros
None whatsoever
Cons
Horrible pay, stupid management
Average Workplace
Clinical Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 29, 2016
Ok company but has some issues like all workplaces. Compensation is ok but could really use an adjustment based on the amount of work required. Benefits are basic at best. Management has two extremes, really lazy and unsupportive or micromanaged but still lazy and offers little to no support. A lot of "busy work" to make the numbers look good. Overall, if you can handle a lot of changes and incompetence this is the place to be.
Busy work environment where everyone supports one another
Clinical Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 7, 2016
A typical day at work includes dealing with various disciplines working to serve various psychiatric populations. I have increased my management, patient communication, and utilization review skills. I have gotten to work more closely with psychiatric populations, including setting up their aftercare appointments to ensure their success after discharge. My co-workers are very helpful and willing to lend a hand whenever it is needed. The hardest part of the job is getting everything done, and of course, hoping the patient has the best success post discharge. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the patients and knowing you are improving the quality of their lives. Seeing them transition to the outside world is wonderful, as well as watching them grow and wanting to participate in their own treatment. It is also great when they realize they could have better lives and watching that realization on their faces. Insurance companies can be difficult to deal with, but it is very rewarding to know you are fighting for the best possible outcome for the patient. My administrative skills have grown by leaps and bounds and I hope to expand my skills into other areas in the furture.
Pros
Wonderful staff who are willing to work hard to achieve their goals.
Cons
I am relocating and cannot take this exciting position with me.
Good pay, great co-workers- poor management.
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverchase, ALOctober 26, 2015
A typical day at New Directions included too high case loads, ever changing rules and protocol, and high-speed and lower quality work expectations. What was supposed to be an eight hour day- after work loads increased it was a minimum ten hour day- no time for lunch breaks or coffee breaks. Too many meetings. Constant change and poor preparation for it.

I learned that hard work and long hours were the expectation- not that it was rewarded- not the exception. Management majored on minor concerns and often had no idea what your job was really even about! You were so busy and so understaffed that if you took any time off- even to be sick- your teammates were overloaded and resented you.

Co-workers were for the most part highly-skilled and amazing people who also were willing to work hard. Those who did not- however- did not seem to be addressed for it by management. This hurt the rest of their team.

The hardest part of the job was it was relentless and you never seemed to be on top of things. It often seemed like an endless day.

The best part of the job was working with good people for the most part and learning a lot.
Pros
Great pay, nice facility, good cafeteria, safe, secure building.
Cons
If you work late security will not walk you out to your car.
would not recommend anyone to this job. Management is horrible and you dont get trained like they say you will.
customer service (Former Employee) –  kcMay 27, 2015
You will not get trained like they say you will. They told me 6 wks that turned out to be 2 wks and on the phone. There is no way u will learn in 2 wks! I trained how to use the phones by myself with trial and error. They have nice benefits which is their selling point to get u in. Systems always down and waited 6 months to get my user Id. The pay is nit worth everything you do!
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
tied to your desk with scheduled lunch, breaks etc. Your requested days off is always depending on call volume
not a great place to work
customer service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 11, 2014
Not very good management. They don't train you like they say they will
Relaxed place to work.
System Support (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2014
New Directions focuses on work/life balance in the Employee Assistance Program product that we offer customers, so naturally we emphasize this same philosophy with our own employees.
Productive workplace
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  NJAugust 1, 2013
Most enjoyable part of this job has to be the interactions with the patients. Making them feel as though they are important no matter what decisions they've made throughout their life. The hardest part was maintaining that level of respect between the patients and staff. Patients will become more and more comfortable, sometimes forgetting that the staff is there to do a job. Co-workers are very polite and easy to work with. Typical day from morning to afternoon is like a walk in the park.
Great place to work with great people
Care Manager, Case Management (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2013
Good mix of clinical work, flexibility, and supportive staff.
If any one had told me five year ago that I would be working in insurance, I would have laughed in their face!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 5, 2013
I worked in a call center, explaining policies and talking with mental health providers and policy-holders. I left the job in December 2012, not with regrets, but having learned that phone work is not as easy and glamorous as I might have thought. Accustomed to dealing with consumers on a face-to-face basis, now I'm trying to help by phone and walk them through (explain) their mental health/substance abuse benefits. Mental Health providers were either extremely sympathetic or extremely irate. But all in all, I found the work absolutely fascinating.
Pros
explaining policy information, whereas before i took this for granted.
Cons
irate mental providers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Directions Behavioral Health. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9