New Directions Behavioral Health Employee Reviews in United States

Thought this could be career changing. Its just yet another job!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 16, 2016
The pay is not very very very competitive nor are the benefits either. Started working here a month ago. Its less than satisfactory. First, HR lied and said they monthly bonuses and don't. They have yearly incentives. She told me there an work from home opportunity, truth is that takes years because u have to be cross trained in several skill sets. Training is nutts. The trainers do not take calls themselves. The information they give is wrong and things are done totally different on the floor and the have no real structure system for anything. It's terrible I didn't learn precedires and processed until I started taking calls and have to ask neighbors for help, which irritates them cause I'm suppose to know more than what I do. Phone systems are from the 80s. Systems are down several times a day. Overall just not worth it. Just not worth it. Just not worth it ! 👎
Pros
Its located in the ward park way area. very convenient.
Cons
Low pay for heavy workload. No info on benefits or promtions to date. and poor training
would not recommend anyone to this job. Management is horrible and you dont get trained like they say you will.
customer service (Former Employee) –  kcMay 27, 2015
You will not get trained like they say you will. They told me 6 wks that turned out to be 2 wks and on the phone. There is no way u will learn in 2 wks! I trained how to use the phones by myself with trial and error. They have nice benefits which is their selling point to get u in. Systems always down and waited 6 months to get my user Id. The pay is nit worth everything you do!
Pros
free lunch sometimes
Cons
tied to your desk with scheduled lunch, breaks etc. Your requested days off is always depending on call volume
If any one had told me five year ago that I would be working in insurance, I would have laughed in their face!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 5, 2013
I worked in a call center, explaining policies and talking with mental health providers and policy-holders. I left the job in December 2012, not with regrets, but having learned that phone work is not as easy and glamorous as I might have thought. Accustomed to dealing with consumers on a face-to-face basis, now I'm trying to help by phone and walk them through (explain) their mental health/substance abuse benefits. Mental Health providers were either extremely sympathetic or extremely irate. But all in all, I found the work absolutely fascinating.
Pros
explaining policy information, whereas before i took this for granted.
Cons
irate mental providers
Relaxed place to work.
System Support (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 28, 2014
New Directions focuses on work/life balance in the Employee Assistance Program product that we offer customers, so naturally we emphasize this same philosophy with our own employees.
not a great place to work
customer service (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 11, 2014
Not very good management. They don't train you like they say they will
Productive workplace
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  NJAugust 1, 2013
Most enjoyable part of this job has to be the interactions with the patients. Making them feel as though they are important no matter what decisions they've made throughout their life. The hardest part was maintaining that level of respect between the patients and staff. Patients will become more and more comfortable, sometimes forgetting that the staff is there to do a job. Co-workers are very polite and easy to work with. Typical day from morning to afternoon is like a walk in the park.
Interactive
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Plainfield, NJJuly 30, 2014
I love the interaction that comes along with hospitality jobs.
Great place to work with great people
Care Manager, Case Management (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2013
Good mix of clinical work, flexibility, and supportive staff.