New England Baptist Hospital Employee Reviews

Workplace culture
Night Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 11, 2017
The lack of trust between Department. A lot of chiefs not enough Indians. Security does not get a lot a respect for their roles to keep the Hospital rules and policies enforced.
Nursing department is good
Clinical Informatics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 7, 2017
However, the clinical informatics department were mismanaged and allowed staff to behave unprofessional. System and clinical analysts who have been there for years lack the credentials and knowledge but were grandfathered into the role. They do more talk than work and are very unprofessional. They dont have a collaborative environment and quality of work was not their priority. Projects were delayed because they lack the motivation to work on projects and would rather focus on gossiping about everything. High turnover in the department because of certain individuals.
Pros
slow pace
Cons
working environment
local boston hospital
Pharmacy Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MASeptember 15, 2017
This hospital has a great atmosphere that makes you feel in a small community even though it is in the middle of a large city. The staff is great and will help you with anything that you may need.
office
OR Surgical Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 23, 2017
worked her for a while changed location to be closer to home. good place to work for no need to say more ...............................................
student nurse
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 20, 2017
wonderful learning experience. First clinical and learned more than several of my peers at other locations. Great learning environment. Wonderful nurses.
Work together, laugh together.
Food Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 9, 2017
My typical day at work consist of making sure all my culinary team has all the tools need it to have a successful day this means training, promoting employee engagement, accountability and embarrassing changes that will benefits the organisation.
At the end of my day I always go home knowing a bit more of all the difficulties my team member experience during the day and I develop strategies that will improve them.
I currently have 30 direct employees 3 supervisors one chef manager, and one R. Dietitian that reports to me.
To promote diversity and support different cultures I always try to learn more about where my employees came from and their believes.
The hardest part of my job is not being able to touch base in personal level with each and everyone of my employees.
what I enjoy the most is have the chance to do it all over again the next day.
a great place for clinical
Nursing Student (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 24, 2017
I thin its strange that indeed is making me write a review for a place that I did clinical in. I wish it wasn't required for all the placed you "have experience in "
Awesome place to work due to the down to earth and friendly nature of all employees
Physical Therapy Aide (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 17, 2017
Working at New England Baptist Hospital has been an awesome experience. Everyone I work with is always so friends and looking to help you if assistance is needed.
Pros
Friendly and warm environment
Cons
small hospital
You can never go wrong with a Hospital
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 25, 2017
NEBH was one of my first jobs coming into my adulthood. During my time at New England Baptist I was coming into the work field so i was just learning, After my short time spent in the pitch i was promoted to Environmental Services which kind of brought me into the maintenance field we was also in the 99% for superior service so not only did i have to learn my job I also had to keep the reputation for my great service that my team withheld.
Pros
$99 bonus every 90days
Cons
odd shifts
Truly enjoy NEBH
Financial Systems Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 22, 2017
Great team! Small community Hospital feel in a large metropolitan city. The IT team works extremely hard. The doctors are the best in the country.
Great team to work for!
Pros
Benifits a nd company culture
Entry Level job
Account Receivable (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 13, 2017
Good company's culture

Friendly working environment

Processed the daily reports

authorized the billing request

contact with insurance company as well as the patient
Love the small hospital
Clinical Research Coordinator Co-op (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 24, 2017
Really enjoy working in a smaller hospital. It feels familiar and more like a "family." You can tell this hospital is a leader in its field - there is a reason patients want to come to the Baptist!
A well equipped hospital to serve the community and outside visitors where it is located
Medical Record Clerk (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 11, 2017
I enjoyed the short time i worked there. The workers were very helpful and they made my stay worthwhile. I learned some medical terminology and recording of patients medical records
Overall an okay place to work!
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 2, 2016
I didn't mind working here. It wasn't the best place to work but I could see they tried to stay true to their mission. Basically if you weren't a doctor or someone with "status" then they treated you as if you were nobody. Majority of the doctors were rude and disgusting. I worked in the food and nutrition department. There were some wonderful people who I will not forget but the amount of rude people who works here outweighs the good

Always understaffed. Mangers don't even have each others back and sometimes they would disappear in the middle of a shift. Some days are so slow that theres absolutely nothing to do so you are just sitting there. Good for college students if you need easy money.
Pros
benefits, bus pass
Cons
management, understaffed
Good place to work, like family
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 24, 2016
I work in the Intensive Care Unit. I often act as Charge/Resource Nurse and carry the Code beeper. I have learned much about orthopedics and critical care as well as what I enjoy as a nurse. My co-workers are great and work as a team. The most difficult part of the job is there is not much room for growth. Interacting with patients is why I continue as a staff nurse. I also enjoy coaching/mentoring new staff members and interns.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Roxbury, MAOctober 14, 2016
Everyday is a challenge because there is not enough workers. Management do not have speaking skills. They speak as if your dumb and unqualified for your position that you hold.
Pros
everyone is kind and Friendly
Cons
lunch is too expensive
Good place for experience
Home health aide (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAMay 18, 2016
Wonderful place for experience. They worked well with my school schedule and always had available shifts. Only thing that I would say they need to improve on is communication between staff and management.
Top Notch Management
MRI Technologist - PRN (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2016
I love, love, love working for New England Baptist Hospital, the pay for Radiology could be and should be better but the environment and the friendliness of everyone from clerical, nursing, allied health staff and to the physicians is amazing! If I was offered full time again I'd go back full time in a heart beat! Although I'd rather do MRI, I love working in their Dedham facility, hence is why I pick hours whenever I can. It truly was one of the best working experiences I had.
Pros
Awesome place to work, friendly, great management
Cons
pay could be better along with the benefits
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 30, 2015
Great benefits with helpful staff. Management is helpful and gives a lot of positive feedback. Easily accessible via the MBTA.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No cons
Small work environement
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 13, 2015
The typical work day varies from person to person. This organization is very small, which enables you to know people on a personal level. The culture at the Baptist is strong and reflects the hospital's mission, goals and vision very accurately.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
Could have better benefits, a lot of politics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New England Baptist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2