New England Baptist Hospital

New England Baptist Hospital Employee Reviews

Good place to work, like family
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 24, 2016
I work in the Intensive Care Unit. I often act as Charge/Resource Nurse and carry the Code beeper. I have learned much about orthopedics and critical care as well as what I enjoy as a nurse. My co-workers are great and work as a team. The most difficult part of the job is there is not much room for growth. Interacting with patients is why I continue as a staff nurse. I also enjoy coaching/mentoring new staff members and interns.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Roxbury, MAOctober 14, 2016
Everyday is a challenge because there is not enough workers. Management do not have speaking skills. They speak as if your dumb and unqualified for your position that you hold.
Pros
everyone is kind and Friendly
Cons
lunch is too expensive
Good place for experience
Home health aide (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAMay 18, 2016
Wonderful place for experience. They worked well with my school schedule and always had available shifts. Only thing that I would say they need to improve on is communication between staff and management.
Top Notch Management
MRI Technologist - PRN (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 6, 2016
I love, love, love working for New England Baptist Hospital, the pay for Radiology could be and should be better but the environment and the friendliness of everyone from clerical, nursing, allied health staff and to the physicians is amazing! If I was offered full time again I'd go back full time in a heart beat! Although I'd rather do MRI, I love working in their Dedham facility, hence is why I pick hours whenever I can. It truly was one of the best working experiences I had.
Pros
Awesome place to work, friendly, great management
Cons
pay could be better along with the benefits
Small work environement
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 13, 2015
The typical work day varies from person to person. This organization is very small, which enables you to know people on a personal level. The culture at the Baptist is strong and reflects the hospital's mission, goals and vision very accurately.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
Could have better benefits, a lot of politics
Needs improvement on private practice policies
Clinical Data Analyst/ Practice Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 26, 2015
This review is based on my experience within the private practices of the hospital only.

BOSTON HEART GROUP

The work environment was abusive and management was very unprofessional. Management occasionally misused their authorities favoring some employees over another. They often did not comply with medical policies. This job included no benefits and they did not respond or resolve any complaints within their private facilities. No raises were provided or considered after 6 months of employment. Management also offered no sick time and no lunch breaks.
very good
ADMINISTRATIVE SECRETARY The Cancer Center (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 17, 2015
first outpatient chemotherapy clinic started.
performed all clerical and administrative duties necessary to provide administrative assistance to 4 physicians
scheduled patients with physician appointments
scheduled patients
physician dictation
Wonderful place to work, great evironment
Pharmacy Intern (Current Employee) –  BostonApril 22, 2015
I started here as a pharmacy interning completing a co-op and stayed on for 3 years as a per diem technician. I would refill the pyxis machines, make IV's, and answer calls. I would also help with updating the pharmacy's policies and procedures especially those that pertain to the technicians.
Fun work place
Patient Account Rep. & Worker Compensation Rep (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 29, 2014
New England Baptist had very bad management, when management is friends with some employees it creates problems. All it takes is one bad apple to spoil the whole bunch. and that is what happened in the billing department. And when there is people that do not know what they are doing it creates a lot of problems for the ones who do. This was a big problem at New England Baptist Hospital. And as an agency person with years of experience in medical billing instead of appreciating my hard work and the clean up I did, and my opinion on how the billing can be done with a higher productivity level, I then became the problem.
Customer service professional
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 11, 2014
I have been employed by New England Baptist for 13 years. In which time I have solidified my customer service skills, became HIPPA compliant, and fine tuned my multi-tasking skills.

I work in a fast paced muli-specialty location. Multiple doctors, Occupational Health, and PT. I pride myself in not only completing tasks in a timely manner, but completing them accurately.

I look forward to hearing from you.
safe and productive environment with great people
project worker/ housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 28, 2012
on a typical day i punch in,read the balckboard to find out my duties for that nite, gather all my materials and start my assignment. i learned how to work in a team environment as well as working alone and patience.management was good but a lil off at times they did not always keep us up to speed on current events.the hardest part of the job was carrying the heavy equipment through the busy hospital.the most enjoyable part of the job was working with others
Pros
great co workers
Cons
short breaks, expensive lunches
The best health care facilities in the world
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMarch 3, 2013
A typical day at work for me was having a cup of coffee in the morning while chatting with the pharmacist, then would take on my daily tasks.
What I learned in this hospital setting was working with I.V's, controlled substances, filling inpatient meds, replenishing stat carts, delivering meds to nursing units and so much more....
Management was excellent.
My co-workers was like a happy family.
There was no hard part of the job and everything was enjoyable.
Pros
everything is all good
Cons
not much to say
Complaint/issue resolution
Patient Relations Specialist, Health Care Quality (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAFebruary 17, 2014
We are a tight knit orthopedic specialty hospital in Boston, MA. The patient relations specialist works to resolve complaints and other issues that arise as patients and their loved ones navigate the healthcare system. The patient relations specialist is charged with resolving issues in a timely manner and also with tracking/trending the hospital's overall patient satisfaction scores. No day is ever truly the same; the challenge comes in being able to handle whatever comes up during the day, as the goal is to resolve complaints in real time. The job teaches a lot about relationship-building, issue resolution, performance improvement and implementation, and how to align with various departments and business units to enhance the overall patient experience.
Very busy out- patient areas. Great people to work with.
Medical Radiographer (Former Employee) –  Boston, MADecember 1, 2014
NEBH has high volume out-patient areas throughout.

The staff is always willing to go the extra mile for their patients.

Known for orthopedics, you learn how to image anything from any position.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
At times, equipment issues make work output difficult.
best place to work for
In the absence of the Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 29, 2015
I enjoyed working there, the people are great and treat you as family.
Management is aware of your hard working and respect you
Best part is the opportunities to learn and to go to a higher level.
Pros
Everyone respect each other no matter where you come from
baking food for co workers
MLT/Generalist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 6, 2015
Team work to ensure safety of all patients under the net of the lab umbrella.Learning new ideas of concepts and policies throughout the lab and hospital.
Pros
The lab was my home away from home.
Cons
travel time and shift hours
Telecommunications Operator (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 30, 2015
Great benefits with helpful staff. Management is helpful and gives a lot of positive feedback. Easily accessible via the MBTA.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No cons
Good place
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MANovember 19, 2012
It's a great place to work. Great nursing staff. People are overall very friendly. There have been many changes lately that have increase our business. However, more burdens are placed on staff without much extra help or compensation.
Pros
great staff
Cons
increasing nursing responsibility without increasing compensation.
Worst place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 18, 2014
worst place to work in Boston. The managgement is horrible. The resolution of patient complaints is to fire the person or people being complained about. This facility likes to sweep everything under the rug. They do not care about their employees.
Pros
the coworkers
Cons
management, unrealistic goals, low pay
Great team
Full time staff RN on a medical-surgical unit (Current Employee) –  Roxbury Crossing, MAMay 23, 2015
New England Baptist Hospital is a great organization to work for. I work with a great team of nurses and staff. Management is helpful and appreciative of our patient care.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New England Baptist Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

New England Baptist Hospital Reviews by Location