New England Baptist Hospital

New England Baptist Hospital Employer Reviews

Very fast and up beat environment.
IT Security Specialist & Business Coordinator (Former Employee), Boston, MAAugust 5, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: job task are always changing
Very fast and up beat environment. Patient safety first. Dedicated to providing the best services possible.
Quiet but Productive
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAJuly 17, 2014
Very nice place to work. management was always accommodating and getting to know the patients was a great experience.
Customer service professional
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee), Boston, MAJune 11, 2014
I have been employed by New England Baptist for 13 years. In which time I have solidified my customer service skills, became HIPPA compliant, and fine tuned my multi-tasking skills.

I work in a fast paced muli-specialty location. Multiple doctors, Occupational Health, and PT. I pride myself in not only completing tasks in a timely manner, but completing – more... them accurately.

I look forward to hearing from you. – less
Worst place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Boston, MAApril 18, 2014
Pros: the coworkers
Cons: management, unrealistic goals, low pay
worst place to work in Boston. The managgement is horrible. The resolution of patient complaints is to fire the person or people being complained about. This facility likes to sweep everything under the rug. They do not care about their employees.
productive and fun place to work
Orderly (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: yes they had free lunch
Cons: 30 min brake
was a good place to work but at the time i worked there they didnot pay enough,
very good place to work
Security Officer (Current Employee), bostonFebruary 27, 2014
good place to work at awesome people i learned alot mangement i great co workers are hard workers
Complaint/issue resolution
Patient Relations Specialist, Health Care Quality (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 17, 2014
We are a tight knit orthopedic specialty hospital in Boston, MA. The patient relations specialist works to resolve complaints and other issues that arise as patients and their loved ones navigate the healthcare system. The patient relations specialist is charged with resolving issues in a timely manner and also with tracking/trending the hospital's – more... overall patient satisfaction scores. No day is ever truly the same; the challenge comes in being able to handle whatever comes up during the day, as the goal is to resolve complaints in real time. The job teaches a lot about relationship-building, issue resolution, performance improvement and implementation, and how to align with various departments and business units to enhance the overall patient experience. – less
Productive and fun place to work
Special Procedures Technologist (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 15, 2013
The people who work at the Baptist are the friendliest and most caring people I have ever met. Its like working with family.
Great work enviorment
Central Sterile Supply Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAOctober 16, 2013
•Working knowledge of decontamination processes, cleaning, inspection, packaging/preparation, sterilization, and storage of surgical instrumentation, rigid/flexible scopes and supplies •Properly picked case carts for daily surgical procedures •Practiced microbiology and safety procedures on-a daily such as basic organization and infection control •Knowledge – more... and ability to Identify and reprocess instrument trays, scopes, and Synthes trays/specialty trays •Knowledge and experience working Auto-clave, washer-sterilizers, ultrasonic cleanser, sterrad, steris, and gas using manufactures protocols for all sterilizing procedures. – less
Clinical Experience
Nursing Student (Former Employee), Cambridge, MASeptember 30, 2013
This was not a job it was a learning experience. I liked the people I worked with and my mentor.
Didn't get paid for a month-horrible management!!!!
Therapist-Rehab Dept (Former Employee), Boston MAAugust 7, 2013
Pros: none-don't waste your time with all the other options available
Cons: horrible management and didn't get paid for a month
I ran into a no. 1 Labor Law breach-didn't get paid for a month! Dept manager didn't stand up for me and was a jerk; payroll department made a clerical error that should've been corrected immediately but they dragged their feet on getting to root of problem! Management in dept was awful-condescending and threatened by intimidation; (orientation/transition – more... to a rote, dull job as a rehab therapist was poor).... A PERFECT EXAMPLE OF WORKPLACE BULLYING! Rehab protocols for my specialty are not "ROCKET SCIENCE" and they made it sound like RS. Doesn't matter that ortho is their specialty-I've worked at tons of institutions and they have an attitude problem. There are many other far superior hospitals in Boston area; I also took a pay cut and had to pay for parking as a perdiem..........

The staff therapists there were more helpful than dept manager. At least they gave me the time of day...Documentation system is forced down your throat (no different in any institution) to appease insurance cos so most of it is the same thing written over & over again. What I mean is "verbatim" you write the same catchphrases like Documentation Clones.

I despised being a scrub and labcoat Clone, too. On more thing-I was told not to drink bottled water @ nurses station?! How ludicrous is that while you're working off your butt w/ a huge caseload that's a blind corner @ every turn?! – less
The Best Place to Work At.
Nutr (Current Employee), Rox, NVJune 19, 2013
This is the best Hospital to work in the people are very freindly and clean and safe place to work.
Brand new ortho unit exciting to work there
LPN/Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 4, 2013
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: it closed
This job offered great opportunity to learn about orthopedic surgery and post up care
Inpatient P.T., Clin. Specialist of Educ./devel. (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 22, 2013
No review conducted at this time secondary to confidentiality
Legendary Service
Purchasing Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAMay 1, 2013
NEBH is an internationally renowned orthopedic specialty hospital in Boston, MA. The organization prides itself on legendary service to all patients and visitors.
Patient focus
Surgical Technologist (Current Employee), Boston, MAApril 29, 2013
Pros: great salary
Cons: short lunches
This employer understands, and balances their employees life/work while providing great patient care.
The best health care facilities in the world
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee), Boston, MAMarch 3, 2013
Pros: everything is all good
Cons: not much to say
A typical day at work for me was having a cup of coffee in the morning while chatting with the pharmacist, then would take on my daily tasks.
What I learned in this hospital setting was working with I.V's, controlled substances, filling inpatient meds, replenishing stat carts, delivering meds to nursing units and so much more....
Management was excellent.
My – more... co-workers was like a happy family.
There was no hard part of the job and everything was enjoyable. – less
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee), Boston, MADecember 18, 2012
NEBH is a very busy hospital. The department I work in is a great place to work.
safe and productive environment with great people
project worker/ housekeeper (Former Employee), Boston, MANovember 28, 2012
Pros: great co workers
Cons: short breaks, expensive lunches
on a typical day i punch in,read the balckboard to find out my duties for that nite, gather all my materials and start my assignment. i learned how to work in a team environment as well as working alone and patience.management was good but a lil off at times they did not always keep us up to speed on current events.the hardest part of the job was carrying – more... the heavy equipment through the busy hospital.the most enjoyable part of the job was working with others – less
friendly and caring people
Pre- Admission Screening/Volunteer (Former Employee), Brighton, MANovember 19, 2012
Pros: free lunch
Cons: commuting can be a hassle depending on your location.
A wonderful place to work, Great atmosphere and friendly environment.

About New England Baptist Hospital

As a world-class orthopedic hospital, we help patients get back to the activities and independence they enjoy, whether that means – Read more