New England Culinary Institute

New England Culinary Institute Employer Reviews

Poor Management
Jack of all Trades (Former Employee), Montpelier, VTAugust 27, 2013
Pros: working with students
Cons: no structure, no support, lack of respect
I worked there for a couple of years and left very unhappy. I worked full time but was never paid as a full time employee. HR refused to give me my raise after being promoted and I wasn't allowed to get any benefits. Many of the Chefs treated lower level employees with little to no respect.

This school does not work as one but rather in separate department – more... trying to achieve their own goals. The lack of communication makes the school a huge mess and a complete loss to the students education. – less
College Job
RA (Former Employee), Montpelier, VTJune 27, 2013
For what a college job was, this was great. Hours flexable with school work & social life.
Support Staff fand Work Enviroment
Rounds Instructor (Former Employee), Montpelier, VTMay 29, 2013
Pros: the students
Cons: benefits, cut throat support staff
I was hired as an Adjunct Instructor at rate of pay, then they hired me full time at a lower rate of pay. Then they increased my rate of pay, but increased the cost of benefits.

The work enviroment can be hostile at timesand stressing. I was never approved for any vacation time I requested. My support chef was more worried how the upper management – more... looked at him and what was in it for him. – less
Student at NECI
Student (Former Employee), Montpelier, VTDecember 14, 2012
I was a student at NECI. During blackout dates, holidays, student vacations, and weekends I worked at NECI's restaurants and cafeterias.
Great students, very disorganized management.
student services (Former Employee), vtOctober 8, 2012
Pros: co-workers and students
Cons: lack of leadership at the top
Poor personnel decisions made by senior management and consultants over the last few years have put the school in danger of closing. Very little emphasis is put forth on planning and execution. Benefits are below industry standards. HR spends more time planning parties than managing benefits and personnel issues.
overpriced wast of time
student (Former Employee), vermontJuly 3, 2012
NECI is an overpriced school that you dont recive a good edu. it is a wast of time and money.
A culinary wonderland, great people in a great area
Rounds Chef, Catering operations manager (Former Employee), Montpelier VTJanuary 5, 2012
Pros: meals included
Cons: winter in vt
Enjoyed the people and places working for NECI Educating students and networking with the culinary department has helped my carear greatly.