New England Financial Employee Reviews in United States

excellent company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 29, 2016
This company had excellent pay and benefits. Staff was amazing to work with. Very professional atmosphere. This company also promotes balanced home and work lifestyle.
Great place to work.
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 17, 2015
\I enjoyed my time there and expanded my skill set. I enjoyed my co-workers and thought it was a great place to work.I also liked exceeding my goals there.
No culture in the office
Associate Compliance Officer/ License Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 8, 2015
There is no company culture and very corporate atmosphere. At the end of my tenure there was no direction and no funds to have staff to maintain the office. The managers were cold and no social skills. When the company was NEF it was good once it turned to MET it was a nightmare to work there
Direction of Company
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 28, 2015
I had a great experience with this company. It was a great place to start and learn the business of Financial Planning. The people were great but due to company changes and their structure we had to part ways.
A top-tier Life & Health Insurer. The company was in the top 1% of all Life & Health carriers in the U.S.
Rate Analyst (Former Employee) –  White Plains NYMarch 25, 2015
A good company to learn the basics of Insurance such as rating & underwriting. I received a good opportunity to utilize my numerical,analytical abilities in learning the Insurance Industry.
Pros
I worked with a good group of Sales Representatives who appreciated my skills & job performance
Cons
A long commute. I had to commute from Brooklyn, NY where I used to live to White Plains, NY
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2015
Processed all new business applications for advisors in SD, LV, Phoenix and New Mexico. Also serviced client and advisor needs.
Bad place to work for
Licensed Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILNovember 20, 2014
Very little guidance on how to succeed. The successful people were much older (40+) and were not open to mentor. Also, people were easy to steal your clients.
Pros
great culture
Cons
low compensation, very little guidance
Make sale or don't survive
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 17, 2014
Sale Driven as financial representative and that can be terrible if you don't have affluent family members or rich friends.
Pros
opportunity to learn byself about financial sales.
Cons
no free lunch, literary :(.
Unsatisfied with career
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTOctober 8, 2014
Unsatisfied with career. Made a lateral move to Webster Bank to experience a different culture and lead opportunity.
Meaningful, interesting work
Assistant to Leonard I. Heller, CFP (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 22, 2014
Assistant to a financial planner that specializes in helping families with a dependent with special needs plan for their financial future.
Started okay ended badly
Financial Advisor / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILAugust 18, 2014
When I started at NEF, the work environment was excellent. The clients were happy and the staff was excellent. We were a very profitable office. Then our parent company fired our office manager and replaced him with a man who knew nothing about our side of the business. More than half of the staff left with our former manager, and the others trickled out slowly thereafter. With the departure of our figurehead, the office no longer felt like a family oriented business and many of my coworkers as well as myself became disillusioned. Then they terminated my employment while I was on maternity leave.
Financial needs analysis
Financial Analyst/Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2014
client financial needs analysis
Co workers were nice
independent work atmosphere
100% commission
Good
Registered Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  ColumbusJune 19, 2014
If you are looking for a career as financial planner this is a good option to consider. You can build your own schedule and make as much money as you are willing to work for.
Great group of people to work with.
Assistant Operations Manager/Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHJune 4, 2014
Currently the company is going through a merger into MetLife. I've learned so much with the company. That was one thing that I enjoyed about them, was that if you wanted to learn more they were all for training and sharing the knowledge.

The hardest part of the job that I had was prioritzing, because I had so many different jobs in the company and each area had different needs. So it just meant that I had to re-prioritize on a daily basis.

I love the daily challenges. I loved working with WB Mason and negotiating contract prices and was able to save our company a substantial amount of money annually.

People in the office are amazing people to work with, everyone came together when ever needed and no matter who needed it.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
merger changes
Very fast paced and eciting workplace.The work is rewarding and give you a sense of purpose
Registered Financial Representative (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDMay 13, 2014
No two days are ever the same. The clients come first in this work space and the way that you service your clients is what makes this job special. No two people are ever needing or asking for the samething. So everyday in the field or in the office is a challenge to find new ways to protect, preserve or invest wisely on the behalf of our clients. Management at the local level has been awesome, spot on in encouragement, discipline and leasdership. The wider you go away from the company core the more loose I have seen that the communication has been. The hardest part of this job is finding the people who need you most. the most enjoyable part is meeting and exceeding the needs that your clients are normally not even aware of.
low commissions, no leads
Financial Advisor/Life and health insurance agent (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 3, 2014
just a broker shop, nothing special, low commissions- no real ability to move up or get promoted- if you have a lot of business, it'll serve as well as any other place
Registered Rep
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 20, 2014
You must have a good center of influeces as you need to seel everyone you know life insurance.

great first job to learn how to sell.
Pros
make you onw hours
Cons
no help form management
Great Environment
Insurance Agent Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 18, 2013
Great Co-workers and very knowledgeable individuals. Friendly and hardworking people, enjoyable environment to work in.
Pros
everything
Cons
n/a
Outstanding training.
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 30, 2013
They focus on product knowledge, production and ethics. Very intense training and support. Highly qualified managers and staff. It was great working for them.
Pros
outstanding training and support.
Cons
the insurance and investment businesses are to sensitive to the economy.
Administrative Assistant- in fast pace Insurance Office, challenging but fun place to work.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTOctober 1, 2013
Typical day-Administrative Assistant --Receptionist/Front office greeting clients. Schedule meeting room for appointments.

Obtaining incoming mail, logging and distributing. Preparing outgoing mail-ground and UPS. Assessing office supplies, ordering when needed. Creating excel reports for agents, expense reports, check log reports, and check destruction. Process inbound checks using the MIDAS system.

Scrub New Applications from agents for completeness. Effective communication to all agents on outstanding information for their applications via, phone, email and standard mail.
Work with underwriters to process applications in timely manner.
(Life Ins, Health Ins, Long Term Care Ins, Disability, Annuity, Mutual Funds and sourced out applications to other Insurance Companies).

Creating files and ongoing filing. Making copies for agents, faxing and scanning documents.

Locking up office at end of day.
Pros
i loved learning about the insurance industry.
Cons
seeing so many agents leave company due to hard market to make money.