New England Financial Employee Reviews

Generally a good place to work
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 20, 2018
I started with New England because there were changes I didn't like at Waddell and Reed where I started my career in financial services. new England offered seminars on different topics that I thought were interesting. I focused in on estate planning issues because I did not have a deep pipeline of potential clients. I also found an excellent way of getting to meet top officials at local public corporations. These contacts take a lot of time to develop and it did not work out to my satisfaction.
Pros
Convenient. Good work environment.
Cons
Straight commission.
Great career
Opeations Manager (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 23, 2017
Quick pace with 30 to 40 Financial Representatives to assist including outside meetings, banquets and presentations. Professional atmosphere and opportunity for training professionally and personally. Most challenging was physical move. Most enjoyable were the friendships.
Awful
Englewood, CO-New Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COAugust 22, 2017
They abused the administrative employees to bump sales for the president. The sales force was insensitive and verbally abusive. I can't imagine how they made any money.
Cons
Enjoyed working there right out of college
Agency Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 3, 2017
This company no longer exists. It was purchased by Metlife. While I worked there, I found the work challenging and my co-workers very engaged in doing the right thing.
NE Financial
Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 30, 2017
NE financial is a tough organization to begin as a young financial advisor. A lot of your success will be determined by your own network. Generating leads can be difficult unless you have a good network.

If you are a senior advisor with an established book it is a good place because it offers a lot of flexibility.
Great entry level position
Financial Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fredonia, NYMay 30, 2017
The staff and financial agents were friendly and always willing to teach. This was the perfect entry level position to get into the financial services area.
Good company
Investment Advisor Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2017
Great company to work for. Great people, great opportunities for advancement. I enjoyed my time here greatly and highly recommend them to anyone looking in that industry.
Great company to learn
Financial Services Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTFebruary 23, 2017
NEF was a good company to learn the insurance business. great people with tons of knowledge about the financial services industry. The issues are the pay rates or comp scales. management caters to who they like. Overall a very good company to work for!
Pros
well known great company!
Cons
pay, advancement
Fun Job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 15, 2017
Even though this company is closed it was a very good company to work for. The management was great and I was truly able to learn a lot from those who i worked around.
Pros
people
Cons
closed
Great Internship
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Typical day at work would require me to finish the list of tasks my mentor had for me when I came into work. Learned about customer service and retirement plans as I tagged along with my mentor to house visits. Hardest part of the job was figuring out what to do next after my list of tasks. I would finish fast and efficiently but I was not authorized for further work as I was an intern.
Pros
House Visits, Salary
Cons
Not enough work
New England Financial
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2016
Interesting place. Nice people who work hard. Coworkers were all very nice and it was centrally located. Everyone was willing to help where needed.
Fresh out of school
Financial Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 15, 2016
Graduated from college in 2009 and there weren't too many opportunities. I took what was available and I was lucky that it was in the Financial Services industry.

Great introduction to selling and reviewing markets. It was very hard building a business from nothing as a young professional but learned a lot.
excellent company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 29, 2016
This company had excellent pay and benefits. Staff was amazing to work with. Very professional atmosphere. This company also promotes balanced home and work lifestyle.
Great place to work.
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 17, 2015
\I enjoyed my time there and expanded my skill set. I enjoyed my co-workers and thought it was a great place to work.I also liked exceeding my goals there.
No culture in the office
Associate Compliance Officer/ License Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 8, 2015
There is no company culture and very corporate atmosphere. At the end of my tenure there was no direction and no funds to have staff to maintain the office. The managers were cold and no social skills. When the company was NEF it was good once it turned to MET it was a nightmare to work there
interesting
Fianancial Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJuly 21, 2015
interesting place to work when it comes to the culture it is a difficult place to work as a new advisor
i did not love it there
Direction of Company
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 28, 2015
I had a great experience with this company. It was a great place to start and learn the business of Financial Planning. The people were great but due to company changes and their structure we had to part ways.
A top-tier Life & Health Insurer. The company was in the top 1% of all Life & Health carriers in the U.S.
Rate Analyst (Former Employee) –  White Plains NYMarch 25, 2015
A good company to learn the basics of Insurance such as rating & underwriting. I received a good opportunity to utilize my numerical,analytical abilities in learning the Insurance Industry.
Pros
I worked with a good group of Sales Representatives who appreciated my skills & job performance
Cons
A long commute. I had to commute from Brooklyn, NY where I used to live to White Plains, Ny
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2015
Processed all new business applications for advisors in SD, LV, Phoenix and New Mexico. Also serviced client and advisor needs.
Bad place to work for
Licensed Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILNovember 20, 2014
Very little guidance on how to succeed. The successful people were much older (40+) and were not open to mentor. Also, people were easy to steal your clients.
Pros
great culture
Cons
low compensation, very little guidance