New England Financial Employee Reviews

Good company
Investment Advisor Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2017
Great company to work for. Great people, great opportunities for advancement. I enjoyed my time here greatly and highly recommend them to anyone looking in that industry.
Great company to learn
Financial Services Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Waterford, CTFebruary 23, 2017
NEF was a good company to learn the insurance business. great people with tons of knowledge about the financial services industry. The issues are the pay rates or comp scales. management caters to who they like. Overall a very good company to work for!
Pros
well known great company!
Cons
pay, advancement
Fun Job
Custodian (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 15, 2017
Even though this company is closed it was a very good company to work for. The management was great and I was truly able to learn a lot from those who i worked around.
Pros
people
Cons
closed
Great Internship
Administrative Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  San Ramon, CAJanuary 17, 2017
Typical day at work would require me to finish the list of tasks my mentor had for me when I came into work. Learned about customer service and retirement plans as I tagged along with my mentor to house visits. Hardest part of the job was figuring out what to do next after my list of tasks. I would finish fast and efficiently but I was not authorized for further work as I was an intern.
Pros
House Visits, Salary
Cons
Not enough work
New England Financial
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 31, 2016
Interesting place. Nice people who work hard. Coworkers were all very nice and it was centrally located. Everyone was willing to help where needed.
Fresh out of school
Financial Registered Representative (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILSeptember 15, 2016
Graduated from college in 2009 and there weren't too many opportunities. I took what was available and I was lucky that it was in the Financial Services industry.

Great introduction to selling and reviewing markets. It was very hard building a business from nothing as a young professional but learned a lot.
excellent company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCFebruary 29, 2016
This company had excellent pay and benefits. Staff was amazing to work with. Very professional atmosphere. This company also promotes balanced home and work lifestyle.
Great place to work.
Insurance Producer (Former Employee) –  Staten Island, NYNovember 17, 2015
\I enjoyed my time there and expanded my skill set. I enjoyed my co-workers and thought it was a great place to work.I also liked exceeding my goals there.
No culture in the office
Associate Compliance Officer/ License Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAOctober 8, 2015
There is no company culture and very corporate atmosphere. At the end of my tenure there was no direction and no funds to have staff to maintain the office. The managers were cold and no social skills. When the company was NEF it was good once it turned to MET it was a nightmare to work there
interesting
Fianancial Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTJuly 21, 2015
interesting place to work when it comes to the culture it is a difficult place to work as a new advisor
i did not love it there
Direction of Company
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLMay 28, 2015
I had a great experience with this company. It was a great place to start and learn the business of Financial Planning. The people were great but due to company changes and their structure we had to part ways.
A top-tier Life & Health Insurer. The company was in the top 1% of all Life & Health carriers in the U.S.
Rate Analyst (Former Employee) –  White Plains NYMarch 25, 2015
A good company to learn the basics of Insurance such as rating & underwriting. I received a good opportunity to utilize my numerical,analytical abilities in learning the Insurance Industry.
Pros
I worked with a good group of Sales Representatives who appreciated my skills & job performance
Cons
A long commute. I had to commute from Brooklyn, NY where I used to live to White Plains, NY
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 25, 2015
Processed all new business applications for advisors in SD, LV, Phoenix and New Mexico. Also serviced client and advisor needs.
Bad place to work for
Licensed Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILNovember 20, 2014
Very little guidance on how to succeed. The successful people were much older (40+) and were not open to mentor. Also, people were easy to steal your clients.
Pros
great culture
Cons
low compensation, very little guidance
Make sale or don't survive
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 17, 2014
Sale Driven as financial representative and that can be terrible if you don't have affluent family members or rich friends.
Pros
Opportunity to learn byself about financial sales.
Cons
No free lunch, literary :(.
Unsatisfied with career
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  West Hartford, CTOctober 8, 2014
Unsatisfied with career. Made a lateral move to Webster Bank to experience a different culture and lead opportunity.
Meaningful, interesting work
Assistant to Leonard I. Heller, CFP (Current Employee) –  San Ramon, CASeptember 22, 2014
Assistant to a financial planner that specializes in helping families with a dependent with special needs plan for their financial future.
Started okay ended badly
Financial Advisor / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILAugust 18, 2014
When I started at NEF, the work environment was excellent. The clients were happy and the staff was excellent. We were a very profitable office. Then our parent company fired our office manager and replaced him with a man who knew nothing about our side of the business. More than half of the staff left with our former manager, and the others trickled out slowly thereafter. With the departure of our figurehead, the office no longer felt like a family oriented business and many of my coworkers as well as myself became disillusioned. Then they terminated my employment while I was on maternity leave.
Financial needs analysis
Financial Analyst/Advisor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 22, 2014
client financial needs analysis
Co workers were nice
independent work atmosphere
100% commission
Good
Registered Representative Intern (Former Employee) –  ColumbusJune 19, 2014
If you are looking for a career as financial planner this is a good option to consider. You can build your own schedule and make as much money as you are willing to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New England Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9