Open Position: Administrative Assistant (Part-time; 24 hours)
Location: Dedham, MA
Reports to: Executive Director
Summary of Position: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for managing and maintaining all aspects of a small non-profit office to allow for effective support to the organization’s staff, volunteers and consumers. The position provides confidential and effective executive and administrative support to the Executive Director., and other key positions. She/he is responsible for ensuring that agency records and financial reporting are maintained in an effective, up-to-date and accurate manner.
- Answers phones, directing calls and responding to inquiries as required. Processes mail.
- Greets and assists visitors
- Manages QuickBooks entries including deposits and accounts payables
- Types correspondence, schedules meetings, makes travel arrangements, maintains filing/archiving system, and assists with various projects to keep office running productively and efficiently
- Coordinates special mailings with staff and volunteers. Processes all donor acknowledgements.
- Processes tributes and memorials to families and donors.
- Coordinates maintenance and repairs on office equipment. Manages ordering of office supplies.
- Assists with special event planning, organization, and implementation.
- Provides administrative support to the Executive Director.
- Maintains and updates the email database
- Handles program registrations and related activities
- Three to five years experience as an administrative assistant/officer manager
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning agency records.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, and effective verbal and written communications skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft office software
- Knowledge of QuickBooks desirable, but not required.
Availability of Position: Immediate opening: will negotiate starting date
Compensation: This is a 24 hours a week part-time position. Actually days worked will be determined. There are no health benefits to this position. Hourly rate between $16-18 per hour based on experience.
Application Process: Please email letter of interest, resume and salary requirements to Kevin Sorge, Executive Director.
Application Deadline: March 14th, 2014 or until filled. No calls please.