New England Home Care

New England Home Care Employer Reviews

One of My favorite place to work
Data Entry (Former Employee), Waterbury, CTMay 9, 2014
Co-worker very nice, I was incharge of medical records and update clients insurance information
Do Not Work for this Company!
Goffer (Current Employee), Cromwell, CTApril 18, 2014
Pros: none!
Cons: senior management, lack of respect, load on the work with little or not training.
This company is adequate at best. Senior Management is rude and they need to learn a lesson on team building. They lack integrity and talk about everyone. Cheapest company I ever worked for and the cost of medical benefits are outrages. The offices are dirty and the bathrooms need to be fumigated.
No integrity and no respect
FT PCN (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTApril 8, 2014
Cons: employees undervalued.
Employed as a FT behavioral health case nurse case manager for more than 10 years. Work morale is poor, the powers that be motivate by criticisms, hard work is not acknowledged, practices favoritism and borderline nepotism.
Think Twice Before Working Here
Supervisor (Former Employee), Cromwell, CTFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: most of the co-workers very friendly and helpful, enjoyed working with the patients and their families
Cons: horrible benefits; low morale, understaffed/overworked, no management support
If you want a place to work with job security, advancement opportunities, good benefits, and honest and sincere management, this is NOT the place to work. The benefits are severely lacking and there is no education reimbursement or other employee incentives or appreciation programs as there are with other companies. There are definite cliques in the – more... company and if you are not in with them, then you feel as though you are always on the chopping block. Which leads me to the "at will" to work clause which I feel was highly abused as witnessed to several more than competent co-workers that were released from their positions in the almost three years that I had worked there. There were no HR or disciplinary actions, just that they weren't needed for whatever reason even though they were way past their probation periods. This particular location does not cross-train, and does not pay overtime, therefore, the work that is piled on has to be done in the time frame, which means you work through breaks, and/or lunch (which you don't get paid for) or it looks as though you cannot handle your work load. They are highly understaffed, so you have to chase down people in order to get their work submitted in order for you to do your own work. Upper management will appear to care about your concerns but then they are never addressed or they will blow smoke up your *** about how great an employee you are and how valuable you are to the company, but beware, that's when the big blow will come.
Also, no team building or programs to build morale. Even holiday events are pot-luck with very little input from upper management. – less
Professional Home Care Agency
Office Coordinator/Scheduler (Former Employee), Windsor CTJanuary 18, 2014
Great office to work in - professional supportive and knowledgeable staff. A very positive work environment.
Friendly enviroment
Primary Care Nurse-PCN -Behavioral Health Nurse (Current Employee), Cromwell, CTOctober 17, 2013
Pros: ability to see and spend more time with my family.
This is a nice place to work employees understanding and very helpful.
A Place for a self starter.
LPN Office assistant (Current Employee), New Haven CTOctober 15, 2013
Pros: not alot of interruptions, everyone is busy
Cons: 50/50 position. half office half feild. you never know what type of day it will be
A small office but everyone here wears multiple hats. The epitome of team work enviornment.
Great place to work for
Professional Scheduler (Former Employee), Shelton, CTAugust 19, 2013
Pros: benefits and the room to grow
Cons: breaks
Typical day to work - come in roll over the phones from answering service and print out messages. Take the messages and disperse the accordingly to the appropriate personnel. Check for any schedule needs that needs to be addressed immediately. Check admission packages and discharge packages and put together more need be. Answer multi-phone line system – more... as needed. Complete weekly schedules in MYSIS computer system and update with any changes. Update Visit Count Report daily. Process any visits through billing and payroll daily. keep my company email system up to make sure I catch any new patient scheduling needs as they come in. End of the day double check that I have covered everything and report to Branch Manager accordingly.

I have learned a great deal on this job. I have had several different jobs @ New England Home Care.

Management is positive and knowledgeable.

My co-workers worked professionally and hard as I did.

The hardest part of the job is when you having a difficult time finding someone to cover a patient when you have asked everyone you can think of. (happened every so often).

Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to wear more than one hat. – less
In the home enviroment taking care of your patients was very fulfilling
Certified Nurses Aide (Former Employee), Milford, CTJanuary 2, 2013
Pros: mileage reimbursement
Cons: excessive mileage between homes
Starting my day arriving at a patients home to give them your undivided attention to their needs was very gratifying. I looked forward to work.
Excellent environment
Home Health Aide - Scheduler (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTDecember 5, 2012
Pros: very positive work environment with the ability to learn new different skills
Cons: lack of benefits
At New England Home Care I was welcomed as a new member of the family. The atmosphere was a great place to work in. Everyone worked together as a team when needed to meet any deal lines with no problems. New England Home Care in my personal opinion was a great place to work. I was able to learn many different skills such as Iron mountain, Payroll, HHA – more... and Nursing schedule, the filing process and also the front desk system. However, not having the needed benefits such as health, dental, etc was the only downside of the company for me.The most enjoyable part of the job was to see how everyone cared for each other in the time of need (personal). – less
Very close group
Data Entry (Former Employee), Shelton, CTNovember 5, 2012
Most days were very busy, Iearned to be excellent at follow-up. The hardest part of the job was getting data from staff I needed to complete my job. The best part of the job was the location.
I liked working with people.
Nursing Assistant and Home Health Aide (Former Employee), Hamden, CTMay 30, 2012
I was a C.N.A. and a H.H.A. I loved my patients and worked a lot of hospice cases.
Pleasant work environment, only 10 to 15 hours work per week. Need full time employment with benefits.
Home Health Aide (Current Employee), 1077 Bridgeport Ave. Shelton, CT. 06484May 15, 2012
Cons: hardly work
Between 2 to 4 hours of work a day, supervisors nice, not having enough work to live on, getting to wear scrubs.