New England Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

nice environment to learn and succeed
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  E Greenwich, RIJanuary 25, 2017
A typical day would be go to class and learn. I learned a lot. management was great. the workplace was relaxed. the hardest part is the work. I enjoy everything there.
Pros
nice atmosphere
Cons
10 week quarters
Very little review policy
Associate Instructor (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIDecember 3, 2016
The pay waas good but the management never came into the classroom to see how we were doing teaching. The only way we were evaluated was on student evaluatins, and if you had a class of students that were doing poorly or that was an unruly group, you suffered.
Pros
the pay
Cons
the environment
Fast Pasted Working Environment
Graphic Lab Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIOctober 8, 2016
New England Tech was one of the best places to work with. I went into work everyday at 7:30AM or 8:00AM just because it was a pleasure to be there.

To start off, I cleaned each of the Graphic Design laboratories and the photo studio. This wasn't part of my job, but I really felt that people would have a much better time if they came in to a freshly cleaned room. This included: vacuumed carpets (had to bring in my own vacuum), cleaned mice and keyboards, organized chairs, and clean screens.

Once people started coming in, I was practically a teacher to everyone. They would come in for any excess help that the Graphic, Multimedia, and Web Design teachers were unable to help with (as they aren't always readily available). This allowed me to have constant upkeep on all of the Adobe Creative Suite programs, as well as get a taste for what teaching was like.

My managers were always very proud of the work that was done, and often showed it. The job got me many friends and other freelance jobs, including potentential career paths via the managers.
Pros
Friendly, Flexible, Fun
Cons
Not many hours
College campus, very clean with a great staff and student body.
Appointment Setter (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RISeptember 14, 2016
Worked later in the day so traffic wasn't terrible. My position was in the call center contacting potential students. I was given leads with filled out contact information. When a student was interested in finding out more about the facility, I would arrange an appointment for them to have a tour and/or meet with an Admissions Officer.
Pros
Tech Nite free snacks
Enjoyable place to work
Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJune 13, 2016
I have learned to communicate with many different types of people while working as a tour guide at NEIT and I think that is my favorite part about the job
Great experience
Equipment Facilities Assistant (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIMay 31, 2016
Working as equipment facilities assistant has been great considering I get to learn the equipment that everyone in the department uses.
Pros
Fun environment, great learning experience
Cons
work study, minimum wage
New England tech taught me a lot of valuable skills i can take to other companies.
Federal Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIApril 6, 2016
The work environment at new England was very professional environment to work in. I learned a lot of valuable skills that i will be able to carry on to other companies. I was taught how to use software for multiple federal loan companies.
Great place to work and learn
Tour Guide / Admission Aid (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIMarch 22, 2016
Excellent people to work with and for. Flexible work schedule. Great hours. I have learned a lot from the company. Great management. Comfortable working space. Work schedule is based around your school schedule.
School
Automotive Program Student (Current Employee) –  Warwick, RINovember 12, 2015
I enjoy being a student at New England Institute of Technology a lot, I learn how to works on certain parts of cars everyday and get the right education.
Enjoyable and challenging
Campus Tour Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 1, 2015
Great place to work, Enjoyed talking to families and prospective students, Challenging in some areas dealing with out of state students without campus dorms.
Pros
fun and enjoyable place to work
Cons
only part time work

Want to know more about New England Institute of Technology?

Ask a question
Good working environment
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJuly 23, 2015
I worked there as part of a work study program. I was a peer tutor in the nursing simulation lab, working with students on skills and content as well as running simulations for faculty.
Amazing place to work
Teacher's Assistant/ Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJuly 19, 2015
The whole job has been amazing, the people I work with are knowledgeable and willing to share there knowledge. I cant say enough about how much I love working here.
High Pressure Environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIJune 4, 2015
Heavy micro-management. Stressful work environment. Horrible Culture. Terrible work life balance. Co-workers are the best part of the company, but we all hate coming to work ever day.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Horrible management
Great work enviornment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rhode IslandFebruary 23, 2015
Everyone works together well and makes for an easy going, efficient work environment. Working with students to help them towards their college education is the most rewarding part of a job at NEIT. With all honesty there is not much of a downfall to working at an institution. I personally wish there were more hours available in my department.
Easy, rewarding work
GDS Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich RIAugust 18, 2014
Was assigned a room and hours and told to wait in the room at the designated times for anyone in the applicable programs to stop in and ask for help. Mostly quiet but easy enough to help when someone came for assistance.
Pros
Easy work, time to do home work, not physically demanding
Cons
Low pay, low hours
Great experience, nice people
Loan Assistant - Workstudy (Current Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIMay 6, 2014
I have been a workstudy at New England Institute of Technology for over two years now. I love my job, it is definitely a great first job. The people I work with are funny and nice, I don't have anything bad to say about it.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
not-able to get a raise, no beneifits
Excellent School
IT Student (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIDecember 21, 2013
This is an excellent school. It has prepared me for work in the IT environment.
A part-time position when I was at school
Admissions Assistant (Former Employee) –  East Greenwich, RIOctober 1, 2013
This was a position I held while I was a student at the school. It is a relaxed environment and the higher management at the school found it important to get our input
Pros
worked around school schedule
Cons
job ended when I graduated
Professors Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIAugust 30, 2013
I loved that I could work for NEIT work-study program while attending school there. It helped me pay for my classes without leaving the campus! I would recommend this job to everyone who qualifies!
productive, friendly work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RIAugust 11, 2013
Working in the financial aid office assisting students with financial aid for their schooling.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New England Institute of Technology. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4