New England Life Care (NELC) is a leading provider of home infusion therapy services and the regions only non-profit provider of such services. Created by local hospitals to ensure their patients have access to a provider that reflects their commitment to excellence, quality care, and ethics. Like our owner hospitals, NELC provides patient focused care. If you are interested in learning more about a unique organization that is rapidly growing please visit our website at www.nelifecare.org.
We currently have a part time (24hrs/week- Fri-Sat-Sun) opportunity for an individual to serve a dual role of a Patient Services Representative and an IV Pharmacy Technician. Responsibilities include assisting the pharmacist in the provision of clinical pharmacy services to New England Life Care's home infusion therapy patients. That involves communication with patients, caregivers and Home Health Agency staff members as well as preparation of sterile medications using aseptic technique. This is a team oriented position in a fast-paced, challenging environment providing support to a multidisciplinary team of healthcare professionals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced high volume, team oriented environment required.
- Previous experience in customer service preferred.
- Experience in healthcare setting preferred.
- Ability to speak and communicate effectively over the phone with patients, physicians, co-workers in a professional and courteous manner is required.
Requirements for candidates with previous experience as a Pharmacy Tech:
- Experience hospital or homecare settingúin IV admixtures using an IV laminar flow hood in preferred.
- National Pharmacy Technician Certification preferred/ required within 6 months of employment.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Short term & Long term disability, Life, Paid Time Off and 403B with company match.