New England Rehabilitation Hospital Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Improving
Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAJanuary 23, 2017
There was a lot of chaos and confusion when owned by Reliant. They seem to be back on track in a positive way now that they are owned by HealthSouth. Management, hours, and experience are great. Pay is midrange.
Pros
Therapy Managers, continuing education, benefits, hours
Cons
Time off is difficult to plan
NERH Woburn
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MANovember 10, 2015
Fast paced friendly environment to work in. Co-workers are helpful and professional. The hardest part of the job is staffing during holidays. The most enjoyable part of job are the people you are working with.
Godo Rehab Hospital
Receptionist/Admitting (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAOctober 19, 2015
I have been working at NERH for about a year the work place is great and the care for patients here is outstanding. I am the Receptionist/Admitting I also help the Director of Marketing, Charge Entries for OT/PT.
It is a great experience and I love to work with people .
heavy corporate boot on my neck
speech language pathologist (Former Employee) –  Portland, MENovember 3, 2014
many interesting professionals, very inspiring, mostly young. good interaction with doctors and other departments. Nurses very snippy but that's typical. I was scheduled for a few hours weekly in outpatient but often had 2 hours between sessions with nobody to see.
A Total Team Effort
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAOctober 15, 2014
Great Staff and Doctors enjoyable work atmosphere.Great Rehab Outcomes.
Pros
Good Work Atmosphere
Cons
Excess of Forms and Documentation/No electronic documentation/
A Total Team Effort
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Danvers, MAOctober 7, 2014
A Family of Rehab Professionals that is committed to giving the best of care to ensure great patient outcomes.
Pros
Inservice Education and Updates on a continual basis
Cons
Excess of Forms and Documentation/No electronic documentation/
high paced outpatient setting
Intern (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAApril 16, 2014
Rehab staff cared about helping their patients, high paced sometimes hectic outpatient environment. Hardest part of the job was treating multiple patients at the same time during my first clinical internship.
Educational and rewarding workplace
Patient Sitter (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAMarch 4, 2014
While working at New England Rehabilitation Hospital, I supervised patients in the Brain Injury rehabilitation program that were considered a safety risk. My responsibilities included observing and recording patient's behaviors and redirecting them in times of distress. I found working with patients suffering from brain injuries to be incredibly educational and rewarding. Considering my interest in neuropsychology, working at the hospital taught me firsthand behaviors patients exhibit. I loved the nursing staff that I worked with. They were very supportive and helpful when I had any doubts or questions. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the patients improve through their rehabilitation process.
Pros
Rewarding experience, working with professional nursing staff
Cons
My position was elimated due to company takeover
Great People to work with and for
Charge Nurse (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MANovember 19, 2013
I couldn't say a bad thing about the way that I have been treated since I came to NERH. From a management perspective, I have felt supported, and have been treated with respect. This, I think, says a tremendous amount. The staff on the floor is supportive, and helpful to one another. Its hard to say anything bad about this place, really. The patients get excellent care, the therapy is excellent, and the medical staff is really good to work with.
great place for learning a solid skill base
acute rehabilitation occupational therapist (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MANovember 11, 2013
Hours include a 9-10 hour day with daily written notes, weekly team notes, and d/c summaries. Most enjoyable part is having the opportunity to work with a variety of populations
No constant learning required.
Food Aid (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MASeptember 30, 2013
Serve visitors in cafe or work on the register. Work on a serving line in the kitchen with different positions for the patient line. Participate in dishroom breakdown of return carts after mealtimes. Continue to clean kitchen and keep workstations stocked at all times. Visit floor kitchens for restock and cleaning.
Pros
730pm closing
Cons
only one break for lunch with constant physical activity
friendly staff, meaningful day to day work
Rehabilitation Aide (Former Employee) –  Woburn, MAAugust 27, 2013
Great place to work. Staff was always very welcoming. Managment was always around and wanted you to have everything you needed to effectively do your job
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
low pay not a lot of room for advancment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New England Rehabilitation Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8