New England Sinai Hospital Employee Reviews

Good workplace with excellent manager
Asst to VP, Quality Mgmt & Decision Support Svcs (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJune 24, 2017
I was hired at NE Sinai Hospital with no medical work experience. They took a chance on me and it paid off for both me and them. It was a good workplace, with nice co-workers and good benefits. The pay rate was on the low end, but it was more than made up by the good benefits at reasonable premiums, generous vacation time, generous pension benefits, and even a staff discount in the hospital's cafeteria.

My manager even recommended that I apply for a higher level, management position at a local healthcare organization where she was on the Board of Trustees.

I could not have asked for a better manager. She was a mentor to me and still is my mentor. She taught me everything that I know about Quality Improvement and Corporate Compliance.
Pros
Discount on food purchases in the Hospital Cafeteria
Cons
Low end wages
Very culturally diverse place of employment.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Boston, MA 02124June 2, 2017
Place to start a great learning experience, can be fun at times however, it can also be very hectic and demanding. Overall, it's a good place to work!
Pros
A great place to gain experience. Many different patient cases, open door policy.
Cons
Not enough support or empowerment for nurses
Managment
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAApril 17, 2017
Not enough staffing. Was great until steward took over. Mangement isnt all that great either. never taking complaints serious enough and it is a shame because it takes a tole on our patients
Fun place to work
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAMarch 20, 2017
While the job was under different ownership, it was one of the greatest places to work at.
Everyone was extremely friendly and willing to to work together to get out the door on time
Love the patients and the people I work with.
Professional (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAOctober 10, 2016
The company culture has changed over time and not for the better, unfortunately. Compensation is not equitable. I love the patients and the people I work with, and I will be sad to leave.
Good place to get Experience if you plan on going to nursing school
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MASeptember 29, 2016
It's a fast paste environment working at that hospital. the minute you get there first thing we do is get report on out patents and then after give care to them. Its a busy place you learn a lot dealing with Trachestomy patents and working with nurses and Doctor. We work as team. Always helping each other out. The nurses are great. Wonderful Environment.Hardest part of the job is when we work short but like i said we work as a team and get things done.
productive
RESPIRATORY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJune 10, 2016
productive and worthwhile to do my part as a worker there. they had a lot of equipment to work with and the workers were every informative.
Pros
informative workers
Cons
no breaks
I enjoyed the patients
Kitchen Aide (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAMarch 30, 2016
Working at this hospital was a pleasure and I worked there for years. I felt the work and staff were very professional and the staff felt like family.
Pros
Very supportive staff
Cons
Management at the time was very critical
Busy, fun, and challenging workplace.
Respiratory Therapist III (Former Employee) –  Stoughton MAJanuary 19, 2016
A typical night at work consisted of continuing weaning protocols on ventilator patients. Intensive patient assessment. Co-workers were helpful, informative, and receptive to both learning and teaching.
It was a good place to work
NURSING ASSISTANT III (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MANovember 14, 2015
I had a great time work there, good team, good staff, the pay was ok. if it was not for my schooling i would still be working there. they had the best benefit out of all my working place.
nice place to work
Dietary Technician (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MASeptember 18, 2015
being a dietary technician at New England Sinai is a learning experience. As a diet technician, there is a lot of variety in what need to be done each day and that makes the job really challenging.
Pros
healthcare
n/a
Community Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJune 3, 2014
I worked as a secretary. Filing, faxing, printing, and copyng. I also filed cabinets and I enjoyed the work.
Long term acute care facility with emphasis on pulmonary rehab
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAOctober 8, 2013
New England Sinai Hospital was a medicore place to work as it was recently taken over by a large coporate for-profit company with little emphasis on quality of care. Staffing ratio was 6:1 with many very sick patients who needed more time consuming care. At night and on weekends there was only one attending doctor working, and it was difficult to obtain written orders when patients needed something that was not ordered upon admission. Staff worked together well, but most times there just didn't seem to be enough help and support.
Pros
Complicated patients which led to strong learning experiences
Cons
short staffed most shifts, no float pool, eight hour shifts
compassionate staff trying to deal with management changes and new culture
administrative assistant (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJuly 27, 2013
this employee has enjoyed working for the hospital, making sure that patients receive the best care.
Pros
reasonable cafe prices
Cons
loss of co-workers due to layoffs; no more "family" atmosphere
Productive and an amazing learning expereince
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJuly 22, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of entering data in to the computer and then going upstairs and keeping company with the coupe of patients who had been assigned to me. That meant playing games, talking helping walk, push in a wheelchair whatever the patient wanted and was allowed. I learned how working in the social work field can be a tough but rewarding experience. The toughest part was having to say goodbye to the patients when I was done for the summer. The most enjoyable part was being able to help the patients and seeing their faces that they knew why I was their and were happy about it.
Pros
Learned alot about the social work enviornemnt on a first hand basis
Cons
Volunteer work for school Practicum so it lasted only the summer
cna
Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJune 19, 2013
• Assist with daily activities and personal care.
• Taking and recording vitals, and fluid intake and output, as directed.
• Reporting observations of the patient to the charged nurse.
• Perform all procedures and patient care per hospital policy.
• Delivered quality patient care and utilized resources in an effective and efficient manner.
good
Charge RN (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJune 18, 2013
military sub hospital deployment, only part time basis, working in the emergency room to keep my skills up to date.
Pros
good place to work
Cons
n/a
Organized hospital with great staff
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAJanuary 30, 2013
I work independantly and with a team, under the supervision of Respiratory Care Director. I work with patients and families on a daily basis. Patient Assessment/education, tracheal care, aerosol/medical gas therapy, NPPV, Viasys mechanical ventilation, and obtain EKG's/ABG;s.
Very nice environment for both staff and patients
Administrative Assistant-Support Services (Former Employee) –  Stoughton, MASeptember 9, 2012
I enjoyed being the administrative support in every department I worked in. I especially liked the staff and the dedication all of us had in making the hospital the best it could be for patients and their families. My typical day consisted a lot of multi tasking consisting of answering phone, typing memos, work orders, proposals and occasionally updating policies. Responsible for all invoicing, check requests, faxing and filing. Abiity to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
Pros
positive, friendly work environment
Cons
knowing that some patients were not doing well.
friendly atmosphere..hard working individuals
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Stoughton, MAAugust 27, 2012
a typical day at work would be coming in and striiping and waxing floors..ive learned that everyone has their own ways of stripping and waxing floors,the hardest part of the job would be dealing with the personel that would not allow us to strip and wax the floors due to the odor of the chemicals.
Pros
friendly co workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New England Sinai Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

New England Sinai Hospital Reviews by Location