New Era Cap Co., Inc. Employee Reviews

Management needs a lot of improvement
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 16, 2016
The office environment is really cool and laid back. Work is somewhat balanced although it feels like you're always catching up on work. Too many pointless meetings and there's a lack of vision from upper management. They want to act like a real brand yet they lack the skills and vision to do so. I feel it's because of the lack of direction from the Executives. Every single department is managed differently including the international teams. I think the company needs to set the same standards for all global offices. It used to be fun to work here but now they have a high turn over. People are leaving left and right. Morale is at an ultimately low!
The CEO needs to evaluate who he has in the executive positions and realize that's the reason why the brand is struggling.
Pros
Company closed during Christmas holidays
Cons
Weak and unqualified upper management, same people keep getting promoted.
a good place to work
Packer Quality Control? (Current Employee) –  Derby, NYDecember 30, 2015
New Era is a great Place to work all around . Over the years they have managed to become a more efficient productive facility and provided a better work environment for its employees . One reason I am writing this resume is to ensure I can find employment if New Era Moves or Cuts back .
Pros
good people good management fair
Cons
could be sold or moved
Best job
Schedule Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, ALJune 13, 2012
check on shipment from the day before make sure ever order shipped on time. Checking production orders make sure that both production floors had work. Management was great co-workers all pull together and help out. We had great team work. The hardest part was when the plant/warehouse closed. Enjoyed working for this company because everyone work together.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health insurance was out of state
New Era was exciting because each Group were awarded each month on thier accomplishments
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 10, 2013
the day goes by very fast because we get numerous orders a day,it taught me more about baseball than the little i knew we had to watch the baseball games during baseball season
Pros
new era provided lunch often when the employees worked hard on inventory that month
Cons
they had good healthcare insurance
good corporate culture
NBA Category, MLB Category Intern (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 14, 2015
everyone at work is great to work with. Going into work does not feel as if I am even at work because I enjoy what I do on a daily basis
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NyApril 1, 2013
This was a very enjoyable place to work and the management was great. I got to learn several different systems and tasks and their was always someone there to help you.
Pros
great benefits, competitive pay