New Era Cap Co., Inc. Employee Reviews

interesting interaction with sports teams and people, fast pace and world wide exposure of products
Chief Engineer (Former Employee) –  Buffalo HQDecember 7, 2017
Great people , young staff, fast paced jobs, driven to be bigger better,
overall HQ is a good place to work great location and amenities as well as benefit package
Working environment
SAP SD Analyst (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 30, 2017
It is a great place to work. Very relaxing and friendly environment. Lots of projects to deal with being a very small team, but exciting part is, there always something new to work on.
Good Culture
Associate (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYNovember 28, 2017
Company had a fun culture. Allowed for a nice work-life balance and brought fun to the workplace. PTO was generous as was the discount for product in the store.
NEw Era Cap
SAP SD Consultant (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYOctober 13, 2017
The IT culture is now changing at New Era Cap. It is now demanding and load of work to full-fill business needs. Business would like to have everything done in a flash.
Great place to work!
Merchandise Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 18, 2017
New Era is a great company to work for - work hard, play hard is the perfect way to describe the environment. Everyone is very collaborative and wants to succeed together as a brand.
Pleasant work enviroment
Payroll Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALAugust 9, 2017
Enjoyed working for company. Pleasant work environment, employees were friendly. Was able to get the payroll experience. Management was ok. Made awesome baseball caps.
Great culture
Intern (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMay 9, 2017
New Era is one of the few places that I have actually enjoyed going to work. Everyone is always willing to help and it usually feels more like family than co-workers.
Part Time Sales Rep
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2017
I helped open the New Era flagship store in Chicago, and worked part time throughout college. I was sad to see them close the store, but the New Era stores are run by a different company now.
big warehouse
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 2, 2017
working for New Era Cap co. was good was a fast past job they rated you on Production. you would have to get a work order with one thousand pcs. to five thousand pcs. and complete the order in a number of time or days , what ever the order calls for.
Pros
fast
Cons
timeing
Management needs a lot of improvement
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 16, 2016
The office environment is really cool and laid back. Work is somewhat balanced although it feels like you're always catching up on work. Too many pointless meetings and there's a lack of vision from upper management. They want to act like a real brand yet they lack the skills and vision to do so. I feel it's because of the lack of direction from the Executives. Every single department is managed differently including the international teams. I think the company needs to set the same standards for all global offices. It used to be fun to work here but now they have a high turn over. People are leaving left and right. Morale is at an ultimately low!
The CEO needs to evaluate who he has in the executive positions and realize that's the reason why the brand is struggling.
Pros
Company closed during Christmas holidays
Cons
Weak and unqualified upper management, same people keep getting promoted.
a good place to work
Packer Quality Control? (Current Employee) –  Derby, NYDecember 30, 2015
New Era is a great Place to work all around . Over the years they have managed to become a more efficient productive facility and provided a better work environment for its employees . One reason I am writing this resume is to ensure I can find employment if New Era Moves or Cuts back .
Pros
good people good management fair
Cons
could be sold or moved
Only the Favorites get promoted
Key Account Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 29, 2015
their is only limited fair and equality. I have learned a lot things in my time here. but I am not able to fully utilize my skills. I feel trapped in the same department from 2007
good corporate culture
NBA Category, MLB Category Intern (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 14, 2015
everyone at work is great to work with. Going into work does not feel as if I am even at work because I enjoy what I do on a daily basis
New Era was exciting because each Group were awarded each month on thier accomplishments
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 10, 2013
the day goes by very fast because we get numerous orders a day,it taught me more about baseball than the little i knew we had to watch the baseball games during baseball season
Pros
New Era provided lunch often when the employees worked hard on inventory that month
Cons
they had good healthcare insurance
Productive and fun workplace
Retail Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NyApril 1, 2013
This was a very enjoyable place to work and the management was great. I got to learn several different systems and tasks and their was always someone there to help you.
Pros
great benefits, competitive pay
Best job
Schedule Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, ALJune 13, 2012
check on shipment from the day before make sure ever order shipped on time. Checking production orders make sure that both production floors had work. Management was great co-workers all pull together and help out. We had great team work. The hardest part was when the plant/warehouse closed. Enjoyed working for this company because everyone work together.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health insurance was out of state