New French Bakery Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Horrible work environment since new ownership
Purchasing and Inventory Control (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 18, 2017
Turnover is super high. They hire new managers constantly and seem to make up job titles but can't hire enough workers. Saving money over quality now.
Pros
Vacation time was increased
Cons
No job security. Stressful. Dont care about employees.
Productive workplace
Sanitation Lead (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 17, 2017
Great place to work easy going management,room for advancement,and it's a great atmosphere and not to mention all the free bread you want it a nice place
Great place to work.
Mixer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 31, 2017
Clean nice place to work. Did do need to keep up with raises. Need more people and more supervisors. All supervisors are nice.
steady job for pay
Packing (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNDecember 27, 2016
is it a maintainable job to stick with easy work and fun co-workers.it is cultural diverse and changing shifts or hours is exceptionally easy. all around a good job depending on where you are in the company
Stressful
Sanitation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 2, 2016
A typical day at work is stressful and other manger, and or support system is lacking. There is no accountability let alone teamwork that is preached about almost everyday.
Pros
Hardworking employees
Cons
Employees are not paid adequately.
Awful management
Worker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 13, 2016
Corporate level is a fiasco with no clue what they're doing. Horrible structure. Complete division between salary and hourly employees. Treat hourly employees VERY poorly. Unbelieveable politics, gossip and slander at the upper management level. Exceptional review 2 months ago? Irrelevant! Today you're fired with zero explanation! Felt like I was back in high school with a bunch of idiots who feel they are highly superior to the rest of the world, when in reality, no concept of how to run a business, clueless about food safety or workplace safety, and absolutely running the company into the ground while increasing their own salaries and benefits. Turnover is 50%+ every month for a reason.
Pros
Cons
Horrible management, unsafe work environment, overall poor practices
Official response from New French Bakery
May 23, 2016

New French would like to thank you for taking the time to provide us with your candid feedback. We value and consider all feedback that we receive and will continue to find ways to improve.

At New French Bakery we are a growing company with many opportunities for advancement. We strive to cultivate our core values into our daily routine. Some of these include; Work Ethic, Team Orientation, Accountability, and unfortunately not all employees will find alignment to these values.

We have worked very hard to create a company where people are valued and feel empowered to succeed and grow. We are sorry that your experience at New French did not match our intention of being the best placed you have work. Thank you again for your feedback it helps us to make New French a better place and best of luck in your future endeavors.

Okay work place
Packer/Palletizer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNAugust 16, 2015
Very busy anything can go wrong with equipment at anytime. Overall okay entry level position. not very good at communicating things to employee's. No real training once hired, employee's have to learn on their own.
Pros
free bread
Cons
not good informing employee's of what's going on always last minute changes
Laid back and fun work place while always meeting new people.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 29, 2015
It's a very laid back, independent job. I am responsible for stocking the shelves and bread case full of bread such as sandwich loaves, artisan loaves, hamburger and hot dog buns as well as rolls or baguettes. I am usually the only one working and that allows me to go at my own pace which is steady and accurate. I am in charge of helping or assisting customers with any questions or requests they may have. Also responsible for handling money and counting the register at the end of the shift.
*_O Physical labor + Diverse group
Packer (Former Employee) –  st.paul, mnMarch 30, 2015
This company was a very physical demanding job, a very fast pace and multitasking job. A very diverse atmosphere of workers. You had to work as a team player to produce a successful delivery. I have had the most fun and have founded the realest of friends such as family.
Pros
free coffee, free bread, Ot
Cons
short breaks, no bonuses
Bad place to work at
Packing Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 21, 2015
Management is not interested in their employees at all. All they care for is production quantity. Unorganized Unsafe environment. under paid over worked.
Educational
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 7, 2015
I was employed with people of various background and cultures. There were great managers as well as office staff. The hardest part of the job was the work schedule
Fun place to work, great atomsphere to be in.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJanuary 21, 2014
Overall this company gives in great insight to the high volumn operations of food production process. the implementations of GMP's are great. being in the process of producing SQF's gives you a great since of pride.
Not recommended, Poor diverse community, Employees fights all the time and company don't handle situation professionaly.
Oven Operator/Baker (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 8, 2013
treats employees like garbage, employees don't get to break on time. One 30 mins break for an 8 hrs shift. Lots of employees conplains about this employer not accepting doctors note, and they want you to come to work when you sick or not. They don't care about employee life or health, its only about tham making money.
Pros
free bread
Cons
poor management, and hard working people don't get the credit they deserve.
Cultural
Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNFebruary 14, 2013
This Company is the true stamp for equal employment opportunities
No fun working and racism.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  828 Kasota Ave SE ยท Minneapolis, MN 55414February 14, 2013
Working at New French Bakery was good at first and later on the other workers begain to act different towards me.
Pros
free bread to take home.
Cons
the work place don't want to negoiate with flexibe schedule.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 19, 2012
Work on assembly line and make sure it was running properly.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New French Bakery. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9