New Hanover Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews

New Hanover Regional Medical Center is an amazing place to work.
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 16, 2017
I love everything about working for this hospital. I would highly recommend working for CNRO to anyone looking for a job. I currently work as PRN floating around the hospital where ever extra help is needed.
Good place
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 15, 2017
Great insurance and benefits. Room for growth and only working 3 12hr shifts a week. Use your badge as a credit card for pretty much anything in the hospital
Productive and Great Learning enviornment
Pharmacy Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 10, 2017
I shadowed at this facility and had a great time. It was a great learning environment. The preceptors and pharmacist are amazing and very knowledgeable.
The hardest job you will ever LOVE!
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 7, 2017
Fast paced intensive care environment providing excellent medical and compassionate nursing care to the regions sickest population, state of the art Cardiac care.
Great benefits from a monopolized company
Staff Nurse, RN (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 31, 2017
Great hospital, with great benefits. The pay isn't what it should be based on the fact that they assume beach living makes up for the lack of money. Nurses always have a heavy patient load, and their retention rate for nurses isn't great (see above).
Great People
PB Application Analyst (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 30, 2017
The people that work here are wonderful. Since I was only a contractor I am not able to speak to the company as an employer per se but was treated as if I was a traditional employee and that was great.
good
Junior Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 28, 2017
I love volunteering at the hospital, everyone is so nice. I feel it is a very good learning experience, especially because I would like to be in the medical professions one day.
Great organization with an eye for caring
Environmental Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 23, 2017
There's not a lot of negative I can say about an organization the size of NHRMC. Even with over 5000 employees members of the upper management knew who you were because they took the time to learn your name and get to know you.
Very stressful environment
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 16, 2017
Very stressful, fast-paced work environment. It's every man for themselves. Don't expect much help from management as they don't care about the well-being of the employees. Loved the people I worked with. Not much energy left at the end of my day for family.
Good stable place to work for.
Storage Architect (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 12, 2017
NHRMC has given me an opportunity to learn and enhance my skills. Awesome management and little red tape to get in the way when it matters. Everyone works as a team and little finger pointing. NHRMC is also an awesome health care provider.
Pros
Management tries to promote work/life balance
Cons
Relatively small work spaces
Excellent management
Traveling Practitioner NICU (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 11, 2017
I was an RRT-NPS travelor in the NICU from April 2012-August 2012

NICU-
Neonatal transports...ABG's...Ventilator management...resource for other medical staff. The Respiratory Manager constantly checked with me during my shift in the NICU to assure that I had proper coverage and the necessary equipment for me to perform my job safely, efficiently and with the highest standards of medical care.
He was AMAZING!!!
Cons
n/a
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  S 17th streetMay 8, 2017
Strong culture of for all races. Offer tuition assitance for further education. Good benefits compared to other establishments in the area. Encourage good health in among staff.
Pros
good working relationship with staff
Cons
very poor acuity, high patient to nurse ratio. poor growth potential and path for Nursing staff
great please to work
Patient Service Coordinator for Food and Nutrition (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 5, 2017
i would love to continue my work here but there are things that need work. The way management speak to employees. Nurses, Doctors and cnas look down on us and do not show us respect.
fun place to work with good team work from co-workers
Respiratory Therapist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCMay 5, 2017
Nice place to work but management doesn't treat employees fairly.job load is manageable' typical day fast pace and challenging.
Hardest part of job is dealing with management,good relation and report with nursing, excellent medical stuff. Most enjoyable part of job the relationship with co-workers
Pros
lunch discounts
Cons
management
A excellent place to work
Messaging Administrator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NC 28412April 25, 2017
New Hanover Regional Medical Center is an excellent place to work. The hospital is well equiped and managed and from an IT prespective is a world class place to grow your carreer.
Relaxed enviroment
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 21, 2017
Some areas were more fast paced than others. Pulling cases and running after items for the operating rooms was much faster than cleaning and assembling.
Pros
Cafeteria, PDO's, 3 shifts
Cons
Never closed
Engaging place to work, always keeping up with education.
RN (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 7, 2017
New Hanover was a good hospital to start out at. The management was poor and didn't treat staff fairly, but I learned a lot as a new nurse from my preceptors and trainers. Everyone is very nice and welcoming.
Pros
staff bonding
Cons
poor management, insufficient pay
New Hanover
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 6, 2017
safe nurse:patient ratios. highly skilled staff with a lot of experience. low paying because of the region. great hospital to work for. management was changing a lot when I was there
good place to learn
RN labor and delivery (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 4, 2017
my foundation for labor and delivery was formed at this hospital. Good training programs
team environment
busy floor
residents training on floor
high risk ob
Pros
clinical ladders
Cons
frequent formation of cliques
Great people
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCFebruary 24, 2017
After 2.5 years, am very happy with my situation. The culture is very people-oriented and there a tremendous amount of growth potential. The fitness center is amazing!
Pros
good benefits
Cons
growth results in lots of work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Hanover Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

New Hanover Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location