New Hanover Regional Medical Center

New Hanover Regional Medical Center United States Employee Reviews

can't complain too much
Staff Nurse (Current Employee), Medical Intensive Care UnitFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: job security, co-workers/staff
Cons: staffing, management, pay
I love my unit-my co-workers are wonderful. staffing isn't excellent, so floating and unsafe nurse to patient ratios happen regularly. management isn't great-there's ALOT of management instead of staffing us appropriately. and management isn't clinically skilled, so they can't even help. the company considers living at the beach a benefit of the job, so they don't pay comparable to other medical centers. the CEO is the highest paid person in the county, so i believe his salary could go to the people doing the actual work. the benefits are okay. but they don't match retirement. they haven't made any layoffs, so job security is a plus. I work night shift so there's an almost $5 differential. no one ever gets a full 3% raise, because they believe we can always do better.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Staff Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCFebruary 19, 2015
Good experience as far as how much they offer in procedures and the different populations of patients you will take care of. However they seem to be pushing higher nurse to patient ratios that didn't always make me feel safe in my care or that I could give quality care.
Assist the doctor and nurses to provide quality care to the patients.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: large degree of responsiblity
Cons: high stress and constintly on the go
I worked in the Emergency Department of a hospital. I drew blood, inserted foleys catherters, assisted the doctors with minor procedures. I worked side by side with the doctor and nurses.
dont think you are important to them
Full time status (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: experience with pts
Cons: dont think you are important to them
although it is a rehab industry, practicing what they preach to the patients does not apply to staff if there is an injury or medical issue. they are more worried about your liability to them. poor pay. great experience with pt. caseload and ability to jump into different sites. staff does not work together, management jump from one outcome issue to the other and makes it difficult to follow what they say to do.
Good health benefits
Financial Counselor (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: working 12 hour shifs, getting 4 to 5 days off in a row.
Cons: stressful environment, dealing with people during difficult situations.
Currently the most difficult part of my job is requesting payment at the time of service during Emergency Room admissions.
They have no compassion for thier employee's personal situation s and I hope you never get hit by a bus. if you are absent mire than 5 times
house keeping (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCDecember 29, 2014
Your fired they have no compassion and will lie to your face. .not all management is like this. All I can say Robots. Robots.
A day in a patients life
Practice Manager Coastal Family Medicine Center (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCDecember 20, 2014
Pros: work in teams paid lunches
Cons: emp fitness center, affordable healthcare, good wages.
Day begins at 0730 with staff preparing for the days visits. Each Team of CMA/RNs huddle with their provider to review the morning events.

Rounding on the staff, physicians, and patients conducted between 0800 and 1000. (time is used to lower patients anxiety and learn from the visit what we could improve upon).

Management meets with each provider during the beginning of each 1/2 day clinic to ask if the have the tools in which do their jobs.

Clinic is staffed with only 12 workers (counting me) and we are a TEAM who has the focus of our patients first and foremost.

Hardest part of the job is wanting to make improvements in our patients behavior for better care.

Most enjoyable part is seeing the direct interaction the staff have with our patients and the relationships.

Our Day end with our evening HUDDLE to review the next days events. review quality projects we are working on and how our progress is.
NHRMC
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCNovember 11, 2014
If not relocating to New Jersey from North Carolina, I would retire from NHRMC. This is the largest employee in the area. They offer excellent benefits!
In-patient Pharmacy
Pharmacy Technician I (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCOctober 23, 2014
Cons: no breaks, 30 minute lunch period
I worked extremely hard at New Hanover, my efforts were somewhat noted from management. A few of my co-workers were nice and helpful, but most were miserable due to the lack of compensation for their work efforts. Some new hires were stressed because of the probation period and the repercussions if they did not complete their work in time, some felt it was hard to get their checklist completed in the amount of time given. Working with angry, anxious, stressed out people was emotionally draining.
Great Place
Therapy Tech Assistant (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCOctober 4, 2014
Love the patients good place to work. It can be very busy at times...............
Enjoyable workplace with great opportunity for continuing education.
Charge nurse on antepartum unit (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
The greatest part of my job is working with such a wonderful and supportive group of nurses. Everyone works well together and makes the stressful times much easier.
PFS Tech (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCSeptember 11, 2014
Pros: working face to face wtih patients and their families
Cons: patient dealths
My passion is working face to face with patients or general public. I was a PFS Tech so I dealt daily with patients, demographics, insurance verification, collecting copays. The hardest part was patient deaths. My coworkers were great
Great enviorment
Dinning associate (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCSeptember 3, 2014
I worked at NHRMC a little over a year ago, and i would go back and work there today if i was offered a job. Very friendly environment.
Solid middle class job, culture of company sometimes questionable
Lab technician (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCAugust 26, 2014
Pros: presence of good knowledgeable people
Cons: overall company culture is questionable
Solid middle class job, culture of company sometimes questionable
ok place to work
x (Former Employee), greenville, ncAugust 25, 2014
Management doesn't value employees. Management doesn't value employees.Management doesn't value employees.Management doesn't value employees.Management doesn't value employees.
The benefits are the best part of NHRMC
Kona Coast Cashier, Customer Service, Cook (Current Employee), Wilmington NCAugust 1, 2014
Pros: making someone smile no matter what they are going through
Cons: breaks, management, and advancement
I am very thankful for the opportunity to work for Kona Coast. They gave me a job when hard times came for my family. I know every job has its up and downs and we work through them. I feel since I have worked here I have tried for advancement and have not had any luck. I also noticed management is not very well interacted with the employees and the day to day job to see how it is ran and if it needs any improvement's. I noticed not just in my department no team work everyone is working against each other. The only thing I can say about team work is when a co-worker becomes very ill or family hardships for the most part they will come together and show respect with a card any other way they can help. The hardest part of the job is people not working together no matter where you work in the hospital. The most enjoyable is when someone tells you that just a smile and a nice conversation just made there day even if they are going through a rough time.
If you want management who cares for patients..DON'T CONSIDER WORKING HERE!
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJuly 30, 2014
Pros: decent benefits, rewarding work
Cons: no breaks, low pay, no appreciation
I worked for NHRMC for 3 years. I have NEVER seen a more corrupt management team. The Lack of caring by them is downright absurd. I was told to let a patient sit in urine and stool so my vital signs could be done on time. Is that how you would want your family member to be treated. Some unit managers have NO medical experience and are business grads. They should NOT be running a medical floor!
Terrible experience overall
Staff RN (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJuly 21, 2014
Pay is ridiculous, No chance of advancement or raises unless you consider ten cents a raise. Little regard for moral and employee satisfaction. No lunch, no breaks and management does not care about it. This company exploits nurses and medical staff. They pay what they want because they CAN. They make up their own rules and policies because they CAN, which by the way is not industry standards. They are a monopoly...only game in town. Should be investigated along with its CEO!! Oh and if you leave don't bother coming back, they won't rehire you so better make sure you stay there and act happy! My advice is leave the area and work where you have choices and competitive pay...like normal cities!
Great place to Volunteer!
Volunteer (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJuly 9, 2014
The staff is friendly and helpful, and I have never encountered a rude patient. I really enjoyed my time here.
Great Work Environment
Nursing Assistant/Rehab Technician (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCJune 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: heavy work load, under staffed
This job has been a great place to work. They are very caring and everyone works together as a team.

1 2 3 4