New Hanover Regional Medical Center Employee Reviews in United States

The company culture is a joke here
Medical Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJune 1, 2016
I do not recommend working here at all. The on boarding and training were extremely scattered and haphazard, yet you are expected to pick up everything the first time. Compound this with hostile co workers and trainers who really do not want to be bothered with you. Also, if you go to HR about hostility in the work environment, nothing is done to even investigate. You have to watch out for your work being sabotaged on top of this as well. BEWARE!!!!!!!
Pros
nothing
Cons
short breaks, if any, no support from management
Horriable communication
dinning associate (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 4, 2016
I was a previous employee there once. Management was awful. Threatened you losing your job all the time. You work your butt off for nothing. I received all my spot light from patients and 1 coordinator gave me a few. They say "if something is going on let us know we will help and work around your scheduke. but noooo. Liers
Pros
benifits
Cons
Bad managment
At the time I was employed, improvements were needed.
Staff Nurse, LPN (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NC 28401July 7, 2016
At the time of my employment nurses were often being asked to work beyond their scope of practice in several areas and were frequently assigned a large patient load. Due to this understaffing, I felt that individual patient care was greatly compromised. Management was out of touch
Good work-life balance
Flight Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCApril 21, 2016
Small community hospital. Communication is great, pay is average for area. Opportunities for advancement are marginal. Management is heavy and doesn't see the big picture from employees perspectives. The health system is too reliant on Six Sigma and Lean methods which distracts from other issues. Overall, not a bad place to work.
Coming home
Radiant Application Lead for Practice Management (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 2, 2016
I started my career as an Epic Consultant by learning the skills that were invested in me at NHRMC. Their EMR system is my very first install and I will always cherish it, and always look for ways to optimize its functionality.
OR RN, great job
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 25, 2016
Worked in operating room for close to 8 years. Great job, fun and interesting with personal satisfaction that I was helping patients. I resigned due to moving from the Wilmington area. Resumed my medical career about 5 years later.
A/R Processor
Senior Patient Account Technician (Former Employee) –  South 17th Street, Wilmington, NCJanuary 24, 2016
Processing patient accounts and preparing bills to be sent to all insurance companies, including Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross and Commercial Insurance. Promoted to Senior Patient Account Technician, participated In C.P.A.T training and testing and Filed charts. Had 1 manager and 6 coworkers. There was no hard parts to this job, most enjoyable was working with hospital staff.
Terrible management
Patient acct rep (Former Employee) –  CFHADecember 15, 2015
I worked at CFHA for 10+ years management is terrible and uncaring. They are clueless quite honestly . They lie and treat employees like they are dogs. I am so glad I do not work there any longer, worst company ever.
Benefits
Cons
Coworkers get away with not working and playing on phones, teamwork lacked, only time I had lunch was between patients at my desk
Wonderful company...
Trauma Registrar I, EMT-Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Trauma ServicesJanuary 1, 2016
I've love working at New Hanover Regional and have made lasting friendships with co-workers as well as employers. I would like to start working from home, but unfortunately there are no remote positions offered by NHRMC at this time.
Hospital Setting, fast paced, great co workers
Psychiatric Technician II (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 19, 2015
Learned a lot at this job with regards to health care and what I am able to handle as a young professional. Challenging working in the impatient health care setting, dealing with the stress of constantly busy and usually understaffed, long hours but with the benefit of having 4 days off a week. Had autonomy in what I taught in the education groups. Did not feel I was able to use my degree to the extent that I would like. I enjoyed working with the team of doctors, nurses and social workers.
Pros
3 day work week, work life balance
Cons
Short breaks, health care
A Fun and Rewarding Place to Work
Patient Account Technician (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 11, 2015
First and foremost, I love the people I work with. We work as a team and I consider them like part of my family. This job really challenges me in time management and mult-tasking simply because we wear so many "hats" in our position. Nothing is ever the same there. My job is demanding, strenuous but rewarding. Our managers are great and there is definitely a great rewards system for good work there. The most enjoyable part of my job is walking away grateful. Grateful to walk, speak, hug, things that are either impossible or extremely hard for our patients to do. It puts things into perspective.
Pros
Great patients, co workers, and management
Cons
Horrible pay and no room to grow opportunities
excellent place to work
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NC 28401February 20, 2016
would like to relocate to a better place with better salary for senior position. it is a great opportunity to work with this medical centre.
Not the place for me
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 1, 2015
This is was not the best hospital or organization that I have worked for. The environment led much to be desired. It was not an enjoyable work experience, and every day was met with unnecessarily challenging experiences. The manager for my particular unit was not supportive or a strong leader; and the surgeons were not pleasant to work with on most occasions. My coworkers and various other staff members were tremendous, and everyone largely worked as a team.
Pros
Incredible coworkers, great working as a team.
Cons
A lack of management and leadership skills.
A go to place
Cleaner, Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 13, 2015
Excellent place if you are a new cosmetlogist. Looking to advace and learn. You build a one on one individual relationship with each client. Fun and friendly atmosphere to relax, and enjoy yourself while getting a full spa treatment. Professional hairdressers. Nail Technicians, Estiticians.
Pros
free spa days
Cons
No compassion for employees management bad
Private (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 19, 2015
If you develop health issues you might as well quit or you will be fired. Nurses aides and all staff besides managers overworked. There for 5 years worked any shift they asked me too working harder than most in my position and hardly ever got a 30 minute lunch break even though management required you to say you received a 30 minute uninterrupted lunch break when you punched out. Very dangerous situation for patients due to understaffing. Numerous falls. Doctors encouraged to make older patients agree to do not resuscitate papers. Coworkers were the best thing. Benefits decent. Not enough sick leave considering the stressful and strenuous work required. CEO very caring during ice storm.
Pros
Coworkers, able to scan badges for food
Cons
Management, not enough staffing no compassion for employees
it's work
Line Cook (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 7, 2015
a typical day would be you come in everyone will say good morning to you and you come in and hop on the line for lunch. You come in and you bust your tail every day and the job is a lot because of how many patients we have but we sometimes joke and laugh while having a long lunch and dinner service.
Pros
benefits are good
Cons
you pay for all food
Great place to work.
Medical Laboratory Technologist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCSeptember 1, 2015
You must love long hours with minimal staffing at times but you do feel a sense of accomplishment at the end of the day. Employees tend to work well as a team departmentally as well as between departments.
Pros
Great benefits and competitive pay.
Cons
Long hours and high expectations.
Fun Place
Radiology Technologist (Former Employee) –  Kettering, OHDecember 10, 2015
The ability to work with a dedicated team of healthcare professionals who are the best in the career was a truly amazing experience .
Loved this job
Manager of Coastal Rehab - Leslie Kessler (Former Employee) –  Wilmington NCJuly 28, 2015
Loved working for NHRMC worked there for 11 years and learned so much.
Would not trade one day of it. I had the best team players on any job I took. Especially when I was Pt Financial Councilor. Great place to work and plenty opportunity for advancement. Hated when I had to relocate.
Pros
Opportunity for adancement
Cons
Insurance a little high
wondeful company to work for
Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, NCAugust 13, 2015
answer telephone calls and direct them to proper location. Expedite emergency codes according to regulations. Prepare daily on call and ICU sheets.

the hardest part of my job is that it is at night!
Pros
ability to swipe employee badge to pay for meals and other items.
Cons
limited night time break relief

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Hanover Regional Medical Center. Our community is ready to answer.

New Hanover Regional Medical Center Reviews by Location