About the Job
New Heights Behavioral Consultants, a Comprehensive Community Based Counseling Agency, provides individual, family, group, parenting, couples & marital counseling and provides a variety of DFCS contracted services. We are currently looking for licensed therapists (LAPC, LPC, LSW, LCSW, LMSW, LMFT) or master’s level clinicians (master’s degree in a Human Services field) for Dekalb and Fulton Counties.
Job Duties/ Responsibilities
- Provide individual, family and group counseling using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy or multidimensional family therapy or related systems model.
- Provide skills building, brief counseling and crisis counseling as needed to clients.
- Provide education to families and empower families to implement effective behavior modifications techniques.
- Provide coordination of services with schools, juvenile justice facilities, and child protective services.
- Provide consultation to school administration, probation officers and judges as a part of service delivery to clients and attend meetings as needed on their behalf.
- Provide comprehensive assessments, re-assessments, and treatment plans.
Additional Duties May Include:
- Completing Comprehensive Child and Family Assessments (CCFA), Trauma Assessments, Substance Abuse Assessments, Domestic Violence Assessments, Parental Fitness Evaluations, Home Evaluations and Family Support Case Assessments
- Attend DFCS Family Team Meetings, Staffing and Supervision Meetings
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, or any other helping field/human services field, or
- Licensed Clinician in the State of Georgia as an LAPC, LPC, LSW, LCSW, LMSW, OR LMFT
- Minimum 2 years of related experience working with youth and/or adults with severely emotional, behavioral, or psychological problems or experience with children and families that have DFCS involvement.
- Working knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Experience with Sharenote or similar 3rd party software applications
- Strong written and verbal communication skills