For this position, we are looking for a smart, dynamic leader who can organize and run summer programming and build relationships with families, youth, volunteers and members of the New Heights community. New Heights runs a Summer Academy for middle school student-athletes – a 5-week comprehensive program to develop academic, athletic and leadership skills. Five weeks will take place in NYC on campus at the Loyola School in Manhattan from July 1 – August 2. The Director will work with New Heights staff to design and implement all Summer Academy programming and logistics.
Summer Academy Responsibilities:
- Work with New Heights staff to plan and oversee a dynamic Summer Academy for middle school student-athletes.
- Oversee logistics and administration, including:
- Transportation and busing
- Program Schedules and Calendar
- Field Trip/Activities Final Approval
- Implement program policies & procedures
- Manage daily program attendance
- Supervise application and enrollment process
- Manage Summer Academy budget
- Oversee, recruit and coordinate training of staff, and provide ongoing support for staff and volunteers
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Passion to help bring educational opportunity to youth and families from poor communities in NYC
- A deep understanding and personal experience with the relationship between academic engagement and athletic participation
- At least four years of experience in a teaching, coaching and/or managerial capacity in an urban school or organization that provides direct services to inner city youth
- Experience in developing and overseeing summer programs for middle and high school aged youth
- Exceptional leadership, networking and relationship-building skills
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) desirable
- Excellent organization and written and oral communication skills - ability to effectively articulate the New Heights mission to youth and families, partners, funders and the community
- Highly positive and enthusiastic style - capable of motivating others
- Ability to thrive in a small, intense, fast-paced, start-up environment that emphasizes teamwork and collective responsibility
Commensurate with experience
How to Apply:
No phone or fax inquiries – we will respond if we require further information. New Heights is an equal opportunity employer.
Indeed - 17 months ago
New Heights was founded in October 2005 in New York City as a private, independent non-profit organization. Our mission is “to...