You will work in an awesome team environment, have a flexible schedule, and wear shorts and sweatshirts. We need a super-smart Web Designer who embraces being part of a young fast-moving team. Work environment is a big deal to us and you HAVE to keep it fun.
We want your ninja-like Web Design skills to shine, and we want you to help us continue to push the front edge of this industry. This is competition for us, and we want you to help us play the game even better and continue to win.
All levels of experience will be considered - it's your individuality and style that will determine the fit. We're young, fun, and aggressive. It's a dynamic environment where white boards and Twizzlers are more common than clipboards and calculators. We're seeking an intelligent individual with high energy and passion who is capable in Front End development skills. Join us in our office one block from the Metra Station in Elmhurst; it's a great environment.
- Maintain Client websites
- Maintain Company website
- Research and analyze appropriate design options for client requests
- Work with Marketing Manager and Content Development associates
- Evaluate and enhance web practices and solutions with attention to UI/UX principles
- Evaluate and recommend subscription services and web tools
- Keep current of website trends
- Aid in the evaluation of marketing goals/successes
- Perform effectively as a member of the website team, including the ability to build, fix, and enhance web-related applications
- Build high-quality, line-based mock-ups and wireframes
- Translate proposed graphic concepts to contemporary HTML/CSS (HTML 5/CSS3) standards
- Create high-quality, contemporary design assets for web, as well as support for email, digital monitor signs, advertising, and other visual collateral
- Other responsibilities as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Proficiency with XHTML/CSS (HTML 5 and CSS3 a plus)
- Ability to design and manipulate basic CMS systems, like WordPress
- Basic abilities in a LAMP environment (Linux/Apache/MySQL/PHP)
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver)
- Contemporary design aesthetic
- Applied understanding of UI/UX principles for desktop & mobile
- Awareness of web browser limitations and current technologies
- Knowledge of responsive website strategy, implementation, and design
- Knowledge of modern coding standards (knowledge of accessibility standards a plus)
- Strong collaboration and communication skills
- Passionate about all things web -- trends, technology, devices, etc.
- Self-starter who constantly seeks out new ways to improve and advance our mission Detail-obsessed; driven to produce the highest quality, as-pixel-perfect-as-possible work
- Empathetic to the experience of the visitor/user and an ability to design with the user in mind
- Problem solver who likes to find the simplest solution to complex coding and design challenges
- A hunger to always be learning and improving his or her skills
- A willingness to experiment with stable, leading-edge web technologies
2-3 years of professional experience in web design
Include the word "Star" in the subject of your email demonstrating your attention to detail
Please include a cover letter with your resume. Thank you.
Indeed - 10 months ago
New Home Star is a national real estate sales management firm serving builders and developers across the nation. We train, manage, and...