New Horizon Employee Reviews in United States

Love my job
Direct Care Worker (DCW) (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 24, 2016
Provide basic patient care under direction of nursing staff. Perform duties such as feed, bathe, dress, groom, or move patients, or change linens, count and give medicines. May transfer or transport patients. Experienced in answering phones, computer skills, and filing paperwork, therapy modalities, range of motion
great place to work
Productive and Reliable and Trustworthy
Crisis Stabilization (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 16, 2015
A typical day at work consists of wearing multiple hats in the human service field. I have gained vast knowledge of my community and its resources for the youth. My experiences have given me a skillset that is needed for helping and guiding the youth. My work ethic has allowed me to work with management in creating a employee training manual for the department for new staff Working with staff and others is a natural instinct in which I have gained through my education and field experiences over the years. The only issues about this field is knowing that services provided are sometimes limited to the amount of help that can be provided at particular situations. I enjoy ever aspect of being a provider for my community.
Pros
Free Sporting event tickets
Cons
Worker benefits, Health insurance, etc.
Loved this gig!!
DSP (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 19, 2016
My child was born with a severe illness which prevented me from continuing my employment with this company but I loved them and I was sad to hear when they were taken over by someone else.
its nothing good
Companion / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 1, 2016
the company put people in job title that don't know the job.they lost a lot of clients.they didn't know how to tal to the staff.they let people get away with not doing their job.
Good workplace
Personal Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 6, 2016
Enjoy interactions with clients.
Mainly working with individuals, i.e. assisting in life skills.
I also enjoy helping the individuals with developing social skills and helping them interact with others.
very productive, the learning process is very intriguing
Home Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 4, 2015
rehabiltating Consumers on living alone is very challenging but if u have a great support team it came be very easy. The most interesting part about the job is transporting the Consumers and talking with them on a day to day basis
Pros
morning shift
Cons
on call every weekend
Fun
Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 24, 2015
Fun company to work with, team work and like family. Always helping people and having a lot of things for the child to do. Keeping the kids safe while the parent's go to work. The kids there are lovely and miss them dearly.
moving company was great experiance
Movers helper/driver (Former Employee) –  Caldwell, TXOctober 6, 2015
great management,great co workers,free lunch almost every day.really decent pay.not a lot of politics,best part working with a lot of family members
Pros
family oriented
Cons
lot of time on d road
Tech great leadership
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCOctober 1, 2015
Making sure customer are happy with their purchase. Keeping the store clean and stock with items. Being able to count money multiple time quickly.
great co workers
Day Care Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Camden, NJSeptember 11, 2015
the center had a great team to have taking care of the children i would recommend this establishments to everyone in need of child care before after and during work.
Excellent supervisor, learning every day
Licensing/Treatment Foster Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIApril 12, 2015
Crisis situations can occur at any time. I license foster homes and case manage the foster children once placed. DCF 56 is my bible with foster parents and children. It can be stressful but rewarding in the end, when progress is made and children go back to their parents.
Pros
Knowledge based, provides experience, everyday is not the same
Cons
No health benefits, no room for growth
good outdoor area
Packing (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, MIFebruary 7, 2015
A typical day starts about 9 in the morning with me making boxes for the day packing blueberries and loading the truck. I learn how use different equipment. I work with great people and management is ok, the hardest part about my job are the long hours anywhere from 10-13 hours but I enjoy what I do knowing the blueberries I handle will be eaten by hundreds of people and I send out the best blueberries.
Pros
accessiblity
Cons
short breaks
New Horizion
Caregiver/Aide (Former Employee) –  Tamarac, FLJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at New Horizon is, waking up at 5 in the morning bathe one of my patients. After that, change the sheets on the bed if its wet, if not just make the bed over. I have to get all the other the patients up, and after that I have to go and set up the table for breakfast, in then go and start breakfast. Then, as they eat breakfast I have to pass out their medication, and after that I have to clean up, and so forth thru out the day. I have learn the different type of disabilities, and the way you deal with, and the different type of reaction to certain disability. The hardest part of the day for me was nothing, and the most enjoyable is the ability to just help them thru their day.
Good job to give back and uplift families in need
Crisis Stabilization / Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 10, 2014
A typical day consist of case mgt, dealing with everyday issues with youths and families within the city. What I learned is every family is dealing with something and everyone can use some level of help to get to a particlar place in life. The co workers were decent people to work with on a day to day basis. The hardest part of the job is developing a trusting rapport with particular familieis. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to give bac and watch some cases and client carry out their life within positive interventions.
Pros
no set time schedul
Cons
you can be called for work in the middle of anythig
Fun work place but i had many things to do
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  egyptSeptember 27, 2014
i was the one responsible for New Horizons Alexandria branch. I had to find good teachers and see if they are capable of working with us or not. I also had to check on the early leave and to check on each teachers work. the teachers had to report a weekly report to me.
Also i had to replace any teacher in case she\he was not good enough or if someone is absent.
One of the friendliest work environment I've been apart of
Protein bagger (Former Employee) –  Paoli, PANovember 13, 2014
A typical day consist of lots of laughter and a friendly environment. Time management was one of the most valuable assets I've learned. I would say the hardest thing about the job would be standing for an extended period of time.
Pros
friendly environment
Cons
standing for long periods of times
Productive work day working with different ages of children
Substitute Teacher's Aide/ Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJanuary 8, 2014
My typical day at work would be working with school aged children, toddlers, infants. I floated around which was fun. My co-workers were great. The management was cool. I loved working with all of the children.I adapted to working with all of the children. I really enjoyed working with the infants and getting to know each one was a blast. Then learning the different personalities each infant and talking to then was awesome. I got along with everyone at New Horizon.
Pros
long lunches
Cons
short breaks
great job
Crisis Stabilizer/Mentor (Former Employee) –  milwaukee wisconsinMay 20, 2015
enjoy working with kids, implement my skills in a positive way would like to learn more about children in poverty settings.
Pros
learned a lot for the children
Cons
no lunch hour
Extremely interesting class but I wish I would have taken it with an instructor in a classroom enivornment instead of my video teaching.
Project Management Profession (PMP) Student (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 25, 2012
Four hours of video instructions and completing assignments throughout my study time. I am leaning everything that will help me be a successful Project Management Professional (PMP). The hardest part about this certification is learning all the formulas. The most enjoyable is knowing how the formulas are used to become the best PMP for my employer.
Pros
salary, working with others
Cons
wrong projection
The office is productive and organized to be in.
Offices Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 31, 2012
A typical day at work come in take message from student. That many student have different achievements in life and goals, no matter where you are in life you can always go back to school. Sometime in charge of the office. Filing and inputting data and files in the computer. My co- workers are lovable and nice. When information is asked and not being able to answer there question until information is found. Everything about it is enjoyable about the job.
Pros
free lunch, good breaks