New Horizon Employee Reviews

Patient Care lacking
Professional (Former Employee) –  Foxborough, MAJune 18, 2017
This clinic is only in it for the profits. Patients are being given detrimental advice on how to reduce their intake of foods without realistic goals of changing their habits for long term success. Instead every patient is the same and reduces their calories at the same rate no matter body type, history or lifestyle. (Although they sell the patients and staff in the beginning on it being an "individualized" service but then put everyone on the same cookie cutter plan.) I've seen patients at risk of developing eating disorders or having a history of eating disorders not being treated appropriately. Management doesn't listen to the professionals/experts they hire and they tell employees to bill for services that they did not provide. They also give you misleading information in your interview and tell you what you want to hear.
No paid time off either.
Pros
Cons
Management only out for profits instead of patient or employee care, high turnover rate
I really love the job when I worked there .. sadly I moved out of town .. I had to leave all my wonderful clients and co workers ..
Direct Care Staff (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLMay 3, 2017
I love love this job so much .. from the wonderful clients to my co workers and supervisors ... it is a lovely start in the medical field ... sadly I moved .. but if I come back .. I'll love to work for them
Pros
you'll love working there
Cons
no cons
It was a good job.
Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Al KhobarApril 20, 2017
I taught the English as a second language and interpreted it. I gained a lot of experience. The management was good. It was a good job. I enjoyed this job very much.
New Horizons Review
Ophthalmic Technician (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 11, 2017
I enjoyed my work at New Horizons, simply because I love to help those In need. The company itself has some issues, But the Job is rewarding in its own.
good job if you have no other alternatives
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SC 29615April 8, 2017
there are no bonuses and raises are few and far between, employees and management are two faxed and back stabbers, I learned a lot about medical records and working with HIV/AIDS patients as those were the doctors i mainly worked with but also worked with our regular providers. little help from supervisor but blame was passed down when work load was not completed on time
Pros
enjoyed working with GHS contracted employees
Cons
no incentives no raises for employees and no room for advancement
good
Direct Care Support/Home Manager (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CAMarch 28, 2017
The company is large non profit
The residential section of the company. It is very structured. I enjoyed the management and consumers
Friendly company for everyone and definitely for people with special needs
it offers day program and residential for family that are not able to take care of others
love working there
Daycare Aide (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMarch 9, 2017
worked as an aide loved working with the children mostly worked in the preschool room loved working with the teachers and management loved working there a lot
Pros
working with kids
Overall good company
Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJanuary 6, 2017
A very attentive staff that treats all customers with respect. Management is very encouraging. Customers are greeted at the door and seated with a sales representative.
love the clients
Mosque (Current Employee) –  North Hills, CAJanuary 2, 2017
If you love working on your own with out dealing with co workers this would be perfect for you. The organization from supervisor, and direct lacks and is not always easy to get in contact with.
Pros
awesome clients
Cons
bad communication
Fun
Care assistant (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNDecember 27, 2016
Daily activities very nice and helpful organized and understanding very on top of things I've been with them for over a year and haven't had any hard times
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Hard Work
Toddler Teacher (Current Employee) –  Columbia Heights, MNOctober 25, 2016
A typical work day is working with toddlers and making sure that they are in a safe, and caring environment which I provide. I maintain confidential information regarding my students on a daily basis. I like working with my co-teacher, and making sure when my Director needs me I am available.
Pros
Having fun with my toddlers
Cons
Not being able to advance as promised
great day with the individuals
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 14, 2016
Working at NHIA has gave me a new respect on the disabled community. Working directly with the population has taught me great values on life, balancing responsibilites, and most all having patience. My days and nights are very hectic, but I do take pride in making sure my individuals are well taken care of. Watching the growth of the different individuals show that my job is being done to the fullest and the upmost.
Pros
overtime
Cons
underwage
Productive workplace
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 26, 2016
A typical day in the Female shelter changes from day to day. You never know what you're going to get because we received different teens throughout the day.

We collectively taught the teens how to apply for jobs, hygiene, arts and crafts, writing, etc.We take the girls on outings, church, group talks and different educational outings.

The hardest part is taking the girls on outings and they may awol or they may fight or steal.

Overall, it's a joy to instill good positive information into the girls and instill greatness.
Pros
fun with the teens
Cons
having to break up fights
Love my job
Direct Care Worker (DCW) (Former Employee) –  Monroe, LAMay 24, 2016
Provide basic patient care under direction of nursing staff. Perform duties such as feed, bathe, dress, groom, or move patients, or change linens, count and give medicines. May transfer or transport patients. Experienced in answering phones, computer skills, and filing paperwork, therapy modalities, range of motion
great place to work
Loved this gig!!
DSP (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 19, 2016
My child was born with a severe illness which prevented me from continuing my employment with this company but I loved them and I was sad to hear when they were taken over by someone else.
its nothing good
Companion / Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNMarch 1, 2016
the company put people in job title that don't know the job.they lost a lot of clients.they didn't know how to tal to the staff.they let people get away with not doing their job.
Good workplace
Personal Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Upper Marlboro, MDJanuary 6, 2016
Enjoy interactions with clients.
Mainly working with individuals, i.e. assisting in life skills.
I also enjoy helping the individuals with developing social skills and helping them interact with others.
Productive and Reliable and Trustworthy
Crisis Stabilization (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIDecember 16, 2015
A typical day at work consists of wearing multiple hats in the human service field. I have gained vast knowledge of my community and its resources for the youth. My experiences have given me a skillset that is needed for helping and guiding the youth. My work ethic has allowed me to work with management in creating a employee training manual for the department for new staff Working with staff and others is a natural instinct in which I have gained through my education and field experiences over the years. The only issues about this field is knowing that services provided are sometimes limited to the amount of help that can be provided at particular situations. I enjoy ever aspect of being a provider for my community.
Pros
Free Sporting event tickets
Cons
Worker benefits, Health insurance, etc.
Fun
Teacher Aide (Current Employee) –  Eagan, MNNovember 24, 2015
Fun company to work with, team work and like family. Always helping people and having a lot of things for the child to do. Keeping the kids safe while the parent's go to work. The kids there are lovely and miss them dearly.
very productive, the learning process is very intriguing
Home Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GANovember 4, 2015
rehabiltating Consumers on living alone is very challenging but if u have a great support team it came be very easy. The most interesting part about the job is transporting the Consumers and talking with them on a day to day basis
Pros
morning shift
Cons
on call every weekend

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Horizon. Our community is ready to answer.