New Horizon

New Horizon Employer Reviews

Enjoyed the time with the company
Hazardous Waste Management Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 12, 2015
It was a great working environment to be at, staff and fellow coworkers were always on the same page teamwork was excellent also an great family environment that people always get along and willing to lend an helping hand.
good outdoor area
Packing (Former Employee), Grand Junction, MIFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: accessiblity
Cons: short breaks
A typical day starts about 9 in the morning with me making boxes for the day packing blueberries and loading the truck. I learn how use different equipment. I work with great people and management is ok, the hardest part about my job are the long hours anywhere from 10-13 hours but I enjoy what I do knowing the blueberries I handle will be eaten by hundreds of people and I send out the best blueberries.
New Horizion
Caregiver/Aide (Former Employee), Tamarac, FLJanuary 27, 2015
A typical day at New Horizon is, waking up at 5 in the morning bathe one of my patients. After that, change the sheets on the bed if its wet, if not just make the bed over. I have to get all the other the patients up, and after that I have to go and set up the table for breakfast, in then go and start breakfast. Then, as they eat breakfast I have to pass out their medication, and after that I have to clean up, and so forth thru out the day. I have learn the different type of disabilities, and the way you deal with, and the different type of reaction to certain disability. The hardest part of the day for me was nothing, and the most enjoyable is the ability to just help them thru their day.
One of the friendliest work environment I've been apart of
Protein bagger (Former Employee), Paoli, PANovember 13, 2014
Pros: friendly environment
Cons: standing for long periods of times
A typical day consist of lots of laughter and a friendly environment. Time management was one of the most valuable assets I've learned. I would say the hardest thing about the job would be standing for an extended period of time.
nice people to work with
House Manager (Former Employee), port richie flOctober 15, 2014
Learned allot about disability's and it was very good experience.
Good job to give back and uplift families in need
Crisis Stabilization / Lead Teacher (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 10, 2014
Pros: no set time schedul
Cons: you can be called for work in the middle of anythig
A typical day consist of case mgt, dealing with everyday issues with youths and families within the city. What I learned is every family is dealing with something and everyone can use some level of help to get to a particlar place in life. The co workers were decent people to work with on a day to day basis. The hardest part of the job is developing a trusting rapport with particular familieis. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to give bac and watch some cases and client carry out their life within positive interventions.
Fun work place but i had many things to do
Coordinator (Former Employee), egyptSeptember 27, 2014
i was the one responsible for New Horizons Alexandria branch. I had to find good teachers and see if they are capable of working with us or not. I also had to check on the early leave and to check on each teachers work. the teachers had to report a weekly report to me.
Also i had to replace any teacher in case she\he was not good enough or if someone is absent.
great team and wonderful kids
Teacher Aide (Former Employee), Brooklyn Center, MNJuly 31, 2014
Pros: free lunch hour break great staff and kids
very organized, always kept up with our needs, management cared about there staff and needs also amazing kids.
This is a caring and nurturing environment.
Church Administrator (Current Employee), East Saint Louis, ILJune 20, 2014
Pros: you can help those in need.
Cons: more volunteers are needed.
The work is rewarding within itself and is done on a voluntary basis.
fun place to work
Counselor II (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLJune 10, 2014
Pros: awesome kids, nice environment
The environment is nice to work,the staff is amazing and the children are sweet.
Armed security
Armed Security Officer (Former Employee), west wood ave Richmond,vaApril 21, 2014
Pros: weekends and hoildays off
Cons: no raises
The job was o.k. I enjoyed working with some of my co- workers.
Fun Work place
Keith Northington - Owner (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 11, 2014
Pros: free transportation
Cons: no benefits
A typical work day is going to three different buildings to clean, take out trash, floor care, carpet cleaning, stock and inventory
Good helping inviroment
To advocate for client's (Former Employee), Rockingham, NCJanuary 9, 2014
Pros: meeting people with different problems and knowing you are helping them
Cons: seeing them go back
You take care of the paper work when a client come in. You are there to assist the client. I enjoyed talking to the clients and listening to their problems. The hardest when a client goes back to their abuser.
Productive work day working with different ages of children
Substitute Teacher's Aide/ Volunteer (Former Employee), Edina, MNJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: long lunches
Cons: short breaks
My typical day at work would be working with school aged children, toddlers, infants. I floated around which was fun. My co-workers were great. The management was cool. I loved working with all of the children.I adapted to working with all of the children. I really enjoyed working with the infants and getting to know each one was a blast. Then learning the different personalities each infant and talking to then was awesome. I got along with everyone at New Horizon.
Great Company To Work For.
OFFICE MANAGER/PROJECT MANAGER (Current Employee), Rochester MinnesotaJanuary 3, 2014
I love working for this company. I have learned a lot. Leaned a lot of people skills while working here.
Awesome place to work
Logistics Manager (Former Employee), Mauldin, SCNovember 15, 2013
We made garage door for residential & government facilities. This company closed at the beginning of the housing slow down. Another great place to work with good family values!
Its an okay company
Direct Service Worker (Former Employee), Shreveport, LAApril 28, 2013
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: pay was not good
This company is an non-organization company who helps he elderly and disable consumers. I liked this company but management was not so good. They always had new supervisor every other month and the new supervisor they get was not good supervisor.
not a good company
Companion / Office Assistant (Former Employee), nashville tnJanuary 16, 2013
Cons: all about who you know
when working with this company i learn that management dont do their job.and if you dont hang with some people in the company that they will make it hard on you.and they want work you.and they let people get away with not doing their job.and when they ask you to do the job and you do it. they dont need you any more.
GOOD PLACE TOO WORK,JUST TIME FOR A CHANGE .
HUMAN SPECIALIST II (Current Employee), Summerton, SCJanuary 4, 2013
ASSISTING THE YOUNG LADIES WITH THEIR PREPARATION FOR SCHOOL,WORK,OR DAILY ACTIVITY.BABYSITTING,TRANSPORTING,GROCERY SHOPPING , AND SUPERVISING WITH MEALS .SUPERVISING ACTIVITIES FOR THE AFTERNOON WITH BED PREPARATIONS.SUPERVISE HOUSE MOTHERS AND COMMUNICATE WITH MANAGEMENT.THERE WAS NOT A HARD PART. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART WAS OBSERVING A YOUNG LADY REACH HER GOALS IN LIFE FOR SHE AND HER CHILD.
n/a
n/a (Current Employee), Nashville, TNOctober 19, 2012
new horizon you work with mental and disable people. we basically cook bath transport etc for the clients. the job overall is a good job. they dont have good management. the hardest part of the job is putting up with the ungreatful disrespectful management. the most enjoy is taking care of the clients making sure them and they family is happy.