New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Employee Reviews

Work and School
Student Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXOctober 14, 2017
A great place to work and go to school, work day consists of answering phone, helping students with computer issues, relocate computers, install operating images, sometimes configure network properties.
Pros
great for school and work
Cons
not enough hours
Great concept, poor internal management
Sales Manager, Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAOctober 13, 2017
New Horizons started a while ago back during the boom of the computer revolution, but has since restructured & focused their attention not on training individuals, but in honing the skills of higher-end Operating System structuring.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Poor management, lack of skills in how to grow in an organized fashion
Low stress sales job that produced successful results.
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 12, 2017
I had a very positive experience working as part of the sales team at New Horizons computer Learning Center. The training was excellent, Management made sure I was up to speed on everything for a two week period before they let me get out on my own. My co worker were also helpful and easy to approach. Most sales floor environments are stressful but this one at New Horizons was comfortable. I believe the atmosphere in the office was the main reason our team was always successful in being in first place in our region every month.
Pros
Management gave us great training
Cons
Commission was only paid once per month
Student
Student (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 11, 2017
I was a student at New Horizons. Fast paced and technical learning.
The purpose of instruction was great, well structured and reinforced learning. The career advisors where very helpful in helping me obtain my learning goals.
Pros
good learning enviroment
Cons
long drive to class
good place
IT Instructor (Former Employee) –  KuwaitOctober 6, 2017
instructing and teaching by it self is excellent
but the environment and the pay was not that good
most of your working hours will be afternoon and on week ends , which may cause problems for your family
Student
Student - Microsoft Server Professional (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCOctober 4, 2017
I was a student, not employed by this company. The staff whose work there seem to enjoy the environment and I witness very little complianting. However, this company is about proficiency and professionalism.
Pros
Flexible lunch hours and paid holidays
Cons
Saw talent employees leave.
Decent Experience
Career Consultant/Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 1, 2017
IT solutions sales is a competitive market. New Horizons continues to come up with innovative approaches as to how to assist companies in meeting their training needs.
Positive, encouraging, best management team
Facilities Support (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 28, 2017
My time at New Horizons was some of the best spent in a working environment. From the management to all the co-workers, it was a place I always looked forward driving to and working at. I would definitely recommend New Horizons to any potential job seeker.
Management and Employee
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 19, 2017
Excellent Computer Training Company.
Great place to work and training for the new technology.
People are very friendly and willing to help you when you need most.
Teachers there are excellent teachers, very friendly and knowledgeable in their field.
Pros
No negative comment that I can think off
Gainesville location New Horizons
Sales Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLSeptember 15, 2017
I enjoy my job and there is plenty of work to keep your day full and occupied. This division is responsible for working with consumers to identify training and career advancement options. Ownership cares about culture and provides a fun environment to work in.
Pros
Very creative sales contests; encouraged team exercises to build morale, like ping pong, basketball and gaming.
Cons
As with most jobs the healthcare is a challenge but overall, ownership is going through some changes and that is causing some stress with job duties.
Very good place to work
OWNER (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 12, 2017
I loved it! It was the best company I have ever worked for. Friendly environment. Great job that I am sad to leave. The clients and other employees are incredible!
Not for persons with families
IT Instructor (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXSeptember 4, 2017
10 hour days and inconvenient shifts that were not made for a person with family members or children.

as for management, there are too many chiefs and rules always changed day to day.
Pros
na
Cons
na
Excellent Company and People
Technical Instructor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCAugust 29, 2017
This is a wonderful company to work for. The people that work there make it feel as though you are part of a family more than a place of work. They encourage the "life long learning" point of view, and they assist you with setting and keeping goals. The hardest part of the job is the last minute scheduling of classes, which can be rough sometimes, but doable. The best part is knowing you have a team of individuals that have your back, and we all work together to become a better company.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Some hectic scheduling at times, but rare, and always workable.
Great Working Atmosphere
Student Services Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carmel, INAugust 24, 2017
New Horizons Computer Learning Center was a great place to work. As the Student Service Coordinator I would get there early and open up the center. The mornings were always pretty busy with getting the students set up in their classes, whether it be a class in the center or an online class. The management and workplace culture was a great fit, pretty relaxed but still structured.I would recommend New Horizons to anyone wanting to broaden their computer skills as well as a career in IT.
It is a good place to learn IT information.
Network System Admin Professional Student (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXAugust 19, 2017
It is a place that puts you in a position to succeed. They provide you with the tools that you need to excel. It is a very position place to further your IT education.
Pros
Excellent Instructors
Cons
I don't have any.
Applications Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 19, 2017
I was a teacher there, had a lot of great students. Worked hard. I was allowed to work from home at times. Monday through Friday. Great way to live and work.
Pros
Free Lunch
Gm / cea
GM / OWNER (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 11, 2017
Franchise purchase by myself. I operated the company for 14 years. The life cycle of live computer training was diminishing and I decided to exercise my exit strategy. I was able to sell for a great profit.
Overall good place to work
Operations Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 9, 2017
New Horizons is a fast paced computer learning center, staff were great and extreme knowledgeable in the computer software and networking field, learned many things about computers that have helped me advance in all aspects of my career.
Management depended on the employee being independent.
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Waltham, MAAugust 6, 2017
The position required being a self-starter and self-motivator. It was a good lesson on the proper attention to customer care enhancing business relationships.
Nice and Quiet Facility with efficient equipment
Medical Office Admin Student (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 2, 2017
I had a great experience taking classes at New Horizons. I was able to brush up on some information and also learn new things about the Medical Office.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.