New Horizons Computer Learning Centers Employee Reviews

Program trainer
Program Trainer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 4, 2016
Program trainers receive no real training. You are expected to teach yourself the programs and then be ready to teach a classroom or working adults, many who already use at work
Pros
learning computer programs
Cons
constant study outside of work
Productive and fun workplace
Educational Consultant (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2016
Making a lot of cold calls. I learned that sales is not for me. The management was great and so were the other co-workers. I really enjoyed working with veterans but I couldn't stand having a quota over my head every month.
My job was wonderful.
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 7, 2016
The best part of working for this company is once your day is done, it's done. There's nothing to bring home or worry about because it's training. At the time I worked there, they only had locations in 3 or 4 states. Now, seem to be global so perhaps the opportunity for advancement is there as well as compensation.
Pros
Training is incredible.
Cons
Clients survey of your training weighs alot. Poor survey, job in jeopardy even if you are good at what you do.
great portfolio of products
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSOctober 19, 2016
An overall atmosphere of task oriented production. Pharmaceutical sales is consistently a volatile industry. But the rewards are great and frequent.
Good and Bad
Education Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLOctober 16, 2016
Perspective is everything! If you are happy in stressful situations and can handle constant change while still meeting your quota then this is a great position for you. There is money to be made. You must be ready to swim with the sharks though.
Pros
Lots of Work
Cons
Lots of Stress
Great atmosphere for learning
Student (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 11, 2016
New Horizons is a Computer Learning center to obtain certifications in Technology.
These certs will enhance my degree in Business Management and further my capabilities as an officer in in the US Army Reserve
unprofessional & glorified call center
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 5, 2016
You would think a company that offers training would have a better method of marketing their services other than cold calling businesses. The concept of the virtual classroom is a good one and has appeal to working professionals.The management "boiler room" management style is even worst that it sounds.
Pros
virtual classroom training
Cons
heavy handed, boot camp style management.
Business Applications Instructor at New Horizons Computer Learning
Desktop Applications Instructor (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 22, 2016
I adored working for this company. They became Benchmark Learning but the same great people were there.

I learned SO much studying for upcoming classes. I found the other instructors to be incredibly intelligent and more than willing to help a new instructor out.
Pros
Prizes for good work, great co-workers, wonderful venue.
The best job that I have ever had.
Education Consultant (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLAugust 28, 2016
I have done many different types of work. This is better than telemarketing, more fun than customer service, and pays better than any of my sales jobs.
Pros
Great pay! Fun environment!
Cons
Unrelenting happiness.
Student
Security IT Student (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 25, 2016
I am a student at New Horizons Computer Learning Center its a great school and you learn alot if you are determined to learn, if you are not computer lit they will make you.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Great learning
Security IT Associate Student (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 18, 2016
The process in which the digital age is creating learning environments is great to be on the front end. The instructor is great and the career counselor is great.
Pros
The resourses
Cons
Digital systems still has kinks
Great school and great people
Student (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 14, 2016
Went there to achieve higher learning to start a new career path and they were very helpful in everything. Couldn't rate all the stars being I was just a student there and not an employee.
Pros
Great break room and friendly environment
Next Level
Account Executive/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 20, 2016
I am ready to move to the next level in my career and am not able to do this with this company. I think this company is great and my reason for leaving is for my personal success.
Pros
B2B interactions
Cons
Limited upward movement
Great School!
Security IT Professional Student (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 27, 2016
Good program to help introduce a newcomer into the IT world. Lots of Professional Development assistance. Had a great Cisco CCENT and CCNA instructor.
good
Full-time Student (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 25, 2016
as a student I learn alot about different systems in a computer and network from that school and they do help you if you have any question.
Terruible
Manager of Student Services (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAApril 25, 2016
Terrible Company to work for.Gibes you false hopes with money issues that continue to create an environment of panic an distrust.
Pros
Cons
Hours
Active learning environment with enthusiastic instructors
Technical Support Specialist - Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 5, 2016
Best learning institution I've been to thus far. The instructors are genuinely invested in the students success. There is also an internship that finishing students can start to polish their skills and learn new ones.
Pros
Free coffee, generous break times, lots of software
Cons
Expensive
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 3, 2016
Spent 13 years there and could not have built better relationships with everyone from owner all the way to students. They care about the advancements of the student who go through their programs.
Pros
Advancements
They used me as a filler!
Microsoft Office Applications Instructor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 26, 2016
I really enjoyed the Job itself but, I feel as if management was supportive and simply used me as a filler for their busy months.
Pros
Enjoyed the locations that worked in
Cons
Zero support and guidance from management
Excellent educational environment
Technical Support Specialist - Intern (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 25, 2016
The staff of New Horizons are friendly, helpful, professional and well versed in network engineering and network security, I enjoyed my time with New Horizons and took a lot of helpful information away with me when I moved on to other employment.
Pros
knowledgeable staff, friendly environment
Cons
Temporary

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Horizons Computer Learning Centers. Our community is ready to answer.