New Horizons Employee Reviews

New Horizons has closed.
Group Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Ogden, UTSeptember 20, 2017
New Horizons is no longer doing business and has closed. They taught classes to adults that were court ordered to attend domestic violence class or a class on addiction.
Pros
Building rapport with the clients.
Cons
The place closed down.
Decent place to work
Preschool Assistant (Former Employee) –  Latrobe, PASeptember 19, 2017
Ability to have fun with the children. Lots of field trips in the summer, minimal stress on the environment. Truly a good place for childcare and anyone beginning to work in the field of early childhood.
New Horizons
Worker and Painter (Former Employee) –  Unionville, CTSeptember 14, 2017
My overall experience working at New Horizons definitely helped me to see things in new perspective on what I eventually want to do in the future. This place was a village for people who were handicapped in wheelchairs and I got to meet interesting people while working there. I had fun there but eventually I wanted to explore more options when I graduated College
Pros
getting paid, and having fun
Cons
nothing really
Toxic place to work
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 11, 2017
The San Antonio location was very toxic in nature. I saw drugs, favoritism was a huge problem. Training was fairly non existent. I gained 30,000 dollars in commission, i never saw a dime of it.
Easy going, nice bosses, but low pay
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 7, 2017
Easy job, bosses were nice. Very low pay for the amt of work being done. Not very many clients to choose from so had to take what I could get, not very stable for hours.
N/a
Ward Secretary (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FLSeptember 3, 2017
New Horizons offers good job security and great benefits. New Horizons is culturally diverse and is a stepping stone for greater opportunities outside the agency. If you are looking for entry level Human Services or Public Health experience New Horizons is a excellent starting point.
Pros
Benefits and Security
Cons
Lack of advancement and low payment
medical
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 27, 2017
checking patients in assistant with the daily needs patients through out the day. Checking the status of referrals and patients missed appointments. Triage patient daily
Pros
hour 1 paid hoildays
Cons
commuications
A Nice Place
Afterschool Care Counselor (Former Employee) –  Freehold, NJAugust 16, 2017
Overall it was a nice place to work for but unfortunately the job was only afternoons and very limited hours.You were limited to 5 days a week and only 3 hour shifts.
Very supportive
Teachers Aid (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 10, 2017
I was just doing a little job program for my school. I was terrified and first but by the end I cried cause they were very supportive and caring. I was able to work with different age groups and figure out which age group I was most comfortable with. They staff understood that I was scared so they let me watch and see how other people that worked there did things.
friendly staff
HCA 3 (Current Employee) –  Salem, ORAugust 3, 2017
I think it will be a rewarding job. Due to circumstances beyond my control I have not had many hours. I have only worked here about 2 weeks. I am hoping to get more hours. This week will total 2 1/2 hours for the week. That is split into 3 days....
Play & Learn Summer Camp Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dominican RepublicJuly 20, 2017
The organization and atmosphere at this place was excellent. As hard as it is to work during summer time, I don't regret it at all!! I would definitely recommend this workplace.
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 12, 2017
I am not going to say anything about the present company, I do not feel that it is necessary to rate the company that I am at it is frustrating enough!
Pros
Many, time off, good mgt, hiigh exspectancy
Cons
long hours sometime
I loved working here.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CAJuly 8, 2017
I helped care for people with disabilities. I assisted them with their daily activities. I cooked meals for them and took them out to do things in the community. I took them to the bowling alley and the park. They taught me a lot about myself and life in general.
Pros
You learn how to not take things for granted.
Cons
It can be stressful at times when clients are not compliant.
great place to volunteer
service dogs Volunteer (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLJune 28, 2017
this is a great organization with many opportunities for the community to get involved. The people who own it are friendly and desperate for volunteers.
Pros
puppies
Cons
dirty work
It is a good place to get a lot of experience.
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Fort Pierce, FL 34981June 19, 2017
They have good benefits, and paid time off. The people that you work with are very supportive and outgoing. It is a great place to experience many different aspects of mental health.
Pros
The people you work with.
Cons
The pay is a little below other similar places.
work ethics
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 7, 2017
This job was stressful, to much work for the pay. No bonuses offered and some co-workers was lazy and unprofessional. The business i heard has changed for the better.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
pay
Bad Management
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, INJune 5, 2017
I loved the people I worked with and for. My clients were great. The manager was a total boob and didn't allow us to care for a lot of the clients basic needs.
Pros
My Clients
Cons
Adam
Wouldn't recommend worrking here
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDJune 4, 2017
Account Manager - as a remote office you are left with incomplete communication and high expectations from management, turnover in all staff is high providing many challenges
Pros
Good Life Balance
Cons
Lack of tools and support to meet high quotas
Productive and fascinating workplace.
Employment Specialist (Former Employee) –  North Hills, CAJune 1, 2017
The company prides itself on providing a safe and secure environment for the clients as well as the staff. New Horizons is a community organization and encourages it's staff to contribute and donate their time to meet the needs of others.
Pros
Flexibility and creativity.
Cons
No compensation for efforts, unless you have a great manager.
Productive and fun
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 1, 2017
I really enjoyed working with people with special needs. The work was fulfilling and gratifying for me. My concern was the pay and room for advancement.
Pros
Working outdoors
Cons
No overtime