New Horizons

New Horizons United States Employee Reviews

Office Manager
Office Manager (Current Employee), Columbus, GAMarch 29, 2015
Cons: Low pay
Great company for those that have little to no experience and want to learn and grow. I have learned so much working for this company.
Going downhill
Resident Counselor (Former Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAMarch 26, 2015
It was alright and a fun place to work, but change in management is sending this place downhill. They tend to hire people with no real future though. Then they move those people into management, which is causing a failing management.
Fulfilling Experience
Fulfillment Assistant (Current Employee), North Hills, CAMarch 23, 2015
It is a fulfilling experience working with adults with disabilities. It is a great way to develop leadership skills. You learn new things every day and you can better you computer skills.
Interesting place to work no two days are the same.
Youth Care Specialist (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 21, 2015
General supervision of youth in a temporary shelter placement. The duties include hourly security tours, some general housekeeping and laundry tasks. Medication administration is required. The hardest part of the job is that it is so quiet b/c the residents are sleeping. The most enjoyable part of the job is the interaction between myself, the youth and of course my co-workers.
the kids were great and a joy to work with.
CNA/Life skills coach (Former Employee), Granbury, TXMarch 18, 2015
Pros: working with the kids
Cons: horrible managment
I loved working with these kids but the manager and the owners of the company made it a very unpleasant place to work. I stayed as long as I could for the kids.
Must be a motivated and willing to take initiative.
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Tustin, CAMarch 5, 2015
Must be a hardworking individual to work for this company. The interaction with member participants make the job worthwhile.
Patience and big heart
Vocational Trainer / Direct Care Provider (Former Employee), Davisburg, MichiganFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: going on trips, such as seaworld.
Cons: really was no cons
Make dinner for clients, do daily living skill with them, positioning, bath, and give medication. How to work with the mentally challenged. My co-workers were the best and we all worked so well together, you had to have team work doing this job. Wanting to help the client more then what I could. Putting a smile on my clients face.
fun at work
Janitor (Former Employee), Columbia, MOFebruary 9, 2015
I loved working there the company is a family run. I learned how to clean carefully there was nothing hard about working there my coworkers was friends and the manager was like a friend so easy to talk to
Productive and Exciting
Youth Care Worker (Former Employee), Ft. Pierce, FlJanuary 14, 2015
My typical day at work was awesome.
I've learned that sometimes its good to be in certain places when ever you can make a good impact on clients.
My co-workers excellent and supportive
There was no hard part the job
The most enjoyable part about the job, was when I left an impact and smiles with respect
• Managed care of clients including consulting regarding medical, transportation, purchasing, and financial issues.
Owner (Former Employee), Niles, ILDecember 8, 2014
Pros: i decided my work flow and was able to adapt it as needed.
Cons: the hours were very long.
Everyday was different and presented different challenges with each new situation. I was able to help many people while making a living. The most enjoyable part of the job was the joy I received after completing tasks for various clients. The hardest part of the job was anticipating the unexpected.
Medical Records/ CMA
Medical Records/ Med aide (Former Employee), Pittsburg, KSNovember 19, 2014
Pros: would get paid a dollar more if you worked another shift
Cons: not enough staff on week-ends
Worked in Medical records during the week, and on week-ends I would work on the floor and pass out medication. Their was team work. I did audits, filed, took residents to and from Dr. office. I took Dr. Orders to get signed by the physician.
Excellent Company
Counselor (Internship) (Current Employee), Columbus, GANovember 14, 2014
Provide assistance and guidance for developmentally disabled and substance abuse consumers.
Okay job
Convenience Store/Gas Station Clerk (Current Employee), Darlington, WIOctober 25, 2014
Pros: usually happy environment, loyal customers, friendly regulars
Cons: no breaks, no benefits, no full-time positions offered
Okay job, no benefits were offered. Loved the people I worked with, they made going to work enjoyable.
the harmony between staff and clients was very impressive, we all worked wonderful together.
Activitie Assistt./Mature S Title V Participant (Former Employee), Cuyahoga Falls, OHOctober 22, 2014
Pros: so many wonderful fun loving people, staff and clients. clients had a hunger to be involved with everything
Cons: distance
My experience with 'New Horizons' was wonderful. The staff had an outstanding relationship with the clients and each other. Although I am happy at Catholic Services....I sometimes wish I were still working at New Horizons to see how the clients are. The clients were happy to participate in daily activities such as exercising and crafting. New Horizons was like one big family and each of us (staff) treated every one with dignity and respect. I loved that job and sometimes lost track of the time, not realizing but staying over for as long as 45 minutes.
Innovative
Account Executive (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTOctober 21, 2014
The work environment was great. There are freedom to manage by objective, get the job done and to think creatively. Great exposure to silicon valley enterprises and their campus atmosphere.
Productive, fun work environment.
Educational Consultant (Current Employee), Gainesville, FLOctober 16, 2014
Pros: active co-workers
Cons: not stable
Laid back work environment. Actively on the phones, constantly sending emails, updating client information. Everyone is very helpful, and friendly.
productive and fun work environment
Telemarketing Manager (Former Employee), Litchfield, ILOctober 1, 2014
Managing a telemarketing room including up to 25 employees, calculating payroll and bonus'. I learned how to manage and deal with difficult customers to everyone's satisfaction. I always got along well with all my employees as well as my co-worker's. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of working hard and a job well done.
Technical School
Student (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 25, 2014
Pros: education
Technical school for toward Comptia and MCSE. 5 days a week 8 hours a day for each class.
OK
House Parent (Former Employee), Columbus, GASeptember 13, 2014
It is an ok place to work. very unorganized. It is very hard to advance however some days are relaxed and others dangerous
A fun and productive workplace making money in the job I love
Volunteer security Officer (Former Employee), North Hills, CAAugust 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches and sometimes dinner during dances.
Cons: not enough breaks
I would walk around the property watching and protecting everybody that I come across I Learned that not all jobs about are what they seem the management of the company was great my wife was my co worker having to arrest people bothers me the most enjoyable part of my job is watching everyone enjoying their day at the work program.

1 2 3 4 5

About New Horizons

New Horizons - the largest global independent IT training company - has delivered premium technology training for 30 years. At – Read more

New Horizons Salaries