New Jersey City University Employee Reviews

Wonderful Atmosphere
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 30, 2017
A great diverse place to work. The parking and location could be better but the students and faculty are awesome. If you live locally and love working with people this is the place to work.
Mathematics Instructor (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 29, 2017
You can't prevent yourself from being personally involved and that is hardest part of the job. However, teaching is my passion and watching students succeed is the most enjoyable part of the teaching job.
Assisting
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJApril 21, 2017
I really enjoyed the opportunity in helping an English professor. Filing, signing students up for tutoring as well as various office activities is always a plus.
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  NJApril 20, 2017
I am an alumni of NJCU and I am honored to have had the opportunity to work as an adjunct professor during the summer program. I loved the staff, students, and teaching at NJCU.
Pros
A safe and supported work enviornment
Cons
Wish there was more job opportunities
Easy workplace
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 28, 2017
Helpful Coworkers that assisted in every day to day activities. Easy to manage the duties which were given to me. I learned how to handle various tasks at the amuse time without missing a beat.
njcu
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMarch 15, 2017
It is a great place to work and to build a career for yourself. I am a graduate as well as an employee and I couldn't be more happy with both decisions
teacher assistance
Mathematics and Physics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 23, 2017
• Assisted college students in calculus l, ll and college physics l, ll classes.
Students received A and B grades, as result of tutoring.
Cons
part time
Get working place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 16, 2017
Everyone work together, We get the job done and everyone does what needs to be done. The work is not hard, due to I am a fast learner and a hard worker. The good things is that I have a job to take care of daughter.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
More advancement
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJFebruary 14, 2017
While working as a Student Mentor I was fortunate enough to help the youth achieve higher goals academically, while teaching them how to overcome some of the many challenges that life may throw their way. As an Office Assistant, I learned more about how to conduct business professionally.
Great Learning Experience
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 29, 2016
As a Graduate Assistant, I had the opportunity to work under some seasoned professors that were passionate about their work.

It was great to be surrounded by all of those resources while actively taking classes to complete my training.

The best part was going out into the field and having the opportunity to put research into practice.
Pros
Hands-on experience, compensations, teaching opportunities
Cons
Some days were slow because professors had different office hours.
Productive, fun work place environment with lots of opportunities
Manage receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 19, 2016
a typical day at work used to be to attended phone calls, arrange students appointments with their current career counselors. Do the mailing, attend students questions and attend the professors with any type of inquire or help.
Trending downward.
Adjunct Faculty (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 10, 2016
Overall work with co-workers is better than average. Only two classes allowed for Adjunct Instructors. Working as an adjunct for several years, reasonable comforts are diminishing. Course assignment predictable although may be dropped due to enrollment unexpectedly. Pay has been delayed without notice at the start of the semester. No option for unemployment outside of semester assignments.
Pros
Independence.
Cons
Limited course assignments (only 2 per semester).
Productive and Fun
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJDecember 9, 2016
My co-workers are an awesome group of people. We work well as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping the students!
Fantastic learning experience
Internship:Alumni Office (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJNovember 25, 2016
Learned a lot from working there. Employers were enthusiastic and were delighted to take me under their wing. Had lots of fun hope to return someday when I'm older
Very laid back and professional
Teacher Preparation Exam/Proctor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 14, 2016
I worked part-time. They called me to see when I would be available to proctor. It was always a professional environment. It was very peaceful and flexible. I wish the opportunity were full time.
Pros
Peaceful and flexible
Cons
Part-time only for this position
Educational Workplace great while taking classes
Science Tutoe (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJOctober 11, 2016
Typically you come in when you have sessions appointed for the day. You meet with your regulars and some new students for various subject topics. John and Jenna are great Supervisors that are very supportive if you have any issues . Your co-workers are fellow students so its a great time together.
Pros
money during school
Cons
not many hours
interesting workplace
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 26, 2016
It was great working as a tutor at New Jersey City University specially helping students and classmates to improve their performance
Great Environment!
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJSeptember 22, 2016
Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Made going to work something I looked forward to. I also learned a lot and the staff had no problem ever guiding me.
Great opportunity
ESL Tutor (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 3, 2016
my alma mater offered me the motivation that l needed to become what I'm today and to advance into the real world. t served me as a jumping off point from here to move to better things
Pros
great support group and administrator
Cons
low starting salary
Great benefits and hours, awful morale and leaders.
School therapist at AHM (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 9, 2016
Looking for a nice place to work? Don't work here. Long-time employees who never leave are mean and/or complacent. Love working with some teachers and students but management is not supportive and rules change day to day, person to person.
Pros
Benefits. Hours.
Cons
Negative, un-supportive atmosphere, micro-managing of non-supervisory staff, zero job security since special needs school is only a temp contract with NJCU.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Jersey City University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5