New Jersey City University

New Jersey City University Employer Reviews

great intership to start carrer in computers
Computer Technician and Student Assistance (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 15, 2014
Pros: great experience
worked couple of semesters as an intern and worked out great. built some experience while getting my education done.
Fun and excititng place to work!
Clerk-Typist - Fire Science Department (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 27, 2014
Pros: comfortable atmosphere and great benefits.
Cons: no breaks
This company was an excellent company to work for. The schedule was flexible and completely worked around my college schedule.
A chance to meet a lot of different people
Desk Assistant (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 21, 2014
Pros: times are flexible
Cons: you can only get a certain amount of hours
A normal day at work would consist of me signing students and guest in and out as they walk into the building to go into the dorms. I have learned since i have been working here is that you have to speak up and put your foot down because people will try and walk over you.When it comes to management they can be very strict at the same time flexible and – more... willing to work with you depending on the situation. All of my co-workers i tend to stay in good contact with each other as far as work goes so there is usually never any miscommunication when it comes to people relieving people for their shift. The hardest part of my job is probably trying to get to more hours or trying to move up. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to getting to meet some new almost everyday – less
Friendly Environment
Lab Assistant - Department of Chemistry (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 9, 2014
I learned how to work independently and efficiently. My fellow employers were friendly and enjoyed working there as well. The research may have been tough at times but it proved to be an invaluable experience.
Leadership is not easy to maintain and respect has to be earned
Leader (Volunteer) of the NJCU Tae Kwon Do club (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJNovember 20, 2013
Pros: very rewarding experience
Cons: hard dealing students that don't take it seriously
Being the captain was tough but I was able to do it. I learned how to deal with students of different backgrounds. The head instructor at the club is a very fair person. My club members were open minded and gave me 100% of what they got. Hardest part was dealing with students who didn't take it seriously. But, the most enjoyable was seeing those who – more... worked hard succeed and made improvements in their lives and to know I was part of it. – less
Love this job
EOF/OSP Peer Counselor (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJNovember 9, 2013
Provided support to initial year students to facilitate a smooth transition from high school to college. In a role-model capacity, provided personal and academic counseling. Documented and maintained accurate case notes on all counseling sessions. Monitored student progress, intervened as necessary and consulted with professional counselor.
The office I worked for was exciting
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJAugust 31, 2013
enhanced communication skills and learned to work with others. Learned a lot about the University Advancement department and it's significant role in the university.
fun working experience
Swimming Pool Lifeguard (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 30, 2013
environment is friendly, great communication and team work.
A great place to learn
Co-op Student (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 17, 2013
I learned how to use the XRD, portable XRF and ICP-MS
I also performed water and soil collection and analysis.
Productive Workplace
Clerical Office Assistant (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 16, 2013
Pros: free academic tuturing
Cons: short breaks
I sat at the front desk during the Secretary lunch breaks. Answering the phone calls and assisted students with their scheduling concerns. Sent and received faxes. As well as photo copy important documents and filed things accordingly.
Entry level position
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJuly 15, 2013
Pros: good stepping stone
Cons: part time hours
This was a good experience to start my Health Care career. Working with professor in the Department of Health Science gave me an insight on the health care provided to New Jersey residents.
Got the chance to meet new friends
Student Ambassador (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJJune 29, 2013
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: limited hours
-To encourage prospective student to choose New Jersey city University as a college choice.
- Work with co worker to ensure we meet first impression to encourage student to attend New Jersey City University
Nice Envorinment
Administrative Assistant/ Customer Service (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 30, 2013
Pros: summer hours
Cons: not full-time
Nice Envirnoment! I enjoy helping my co-worker with various projects. I am learning the different parts of how Human Resources function. The most enjoyable part of my job is that the upper management is flexible with my schedule being that I am a student.
Productive & Fun Workplace
Professor Assistant / Laboratory Instructor (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMay 20, 2013
Pros: working with college students
Cons: labartory equipment barely worked
Working as a Principles of Biology instructor was an amazing experience. I had an amazing mentor who guided me on how to teach college level students. I learned so much such as: How to run a college classroom & direct and run a college laboratory & how to assess the college students needs when it came to their education. My coworkers were amazing. However, – more... the hardest part was getting the laboratory equipment to be available for the college students. The most enjoyable part was teaching the college students within the classroom setting. – less
Easy going job
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJApril 9, 2013
Pros: work environment, management team and co-workers
Cons: less pay and less work
Good work environment. Good co-workers. Pay was less and work was also less. Management was good and kind.
Great
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 6, 2013
Greatcompany...to work at enjoyed my job and all the things that i did as an Office Asst..
Proficiency with Microsoft word and Microsoft Exel
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 20, 2013
This job included invoicing for the company, organizing paperwork from company jobs, assisting project managers with jobs, creating job books, updating employee files.
college and work life
Data Entry (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 20, 2013
it was working at the university i attended and working. it helped me get my job experience while attended classes. they were flexible with my working schedule, so that i do not miss my classes.
Wrote, shot, directed, and edited short student films and video's.
Student Production Assistant (Former Employee), Jersey City, NJFebruary 2, 2013
Great professors who were never easy, which created the best learning environment.
Productive and friendly atmosphere.
PUBLIC SAFTEY DISPATCHER/SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJJanuary 12, 2013
New Jersey City University is one of the most diverse schools on the east coast. It provides multiple services for students and very affordable tuition.