New Jersey Institute for Disabilities Employee Reviews

Great place work
Assistant Supervisor (Floor Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Port Reading, NJJanuary 21, 2018
Love working here, only left because i relocate. Great life balance. enjoy working with the clients. Great health benefits, and pay was ok. NJID organization makes a difference in individuals lives. Would love to go back !!!!!
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
staff call outs
current employee
Program Assistant / Residential Trainer (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 5, 2018
help with feeding, toileting, transportation, bathing and cleaning in the group homes. you really start to grow close to them.IHP goals, documentation, administering medication
Pros
great benifits
Cons
poor pay for the work
fun working place
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Iselin, NJNovember 22, 2017
enjoy every minute I'm going to miss everyone . it was a welcoming work environment, we all worked well as a team. Management is hands on with staff and clients.
Horrible. Don’t even waste your time
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJOctober 27, 2017
I would never advise anyone to work for this company. The day program I worked at was horrible. Horrible supervisors!!! Horrible, stressful, unpleasant environment to work in. The clients are amazing, but I a lot to do in a small amount of time. You will hate it from the moment you walk in the door
Pros
Free benefits, days off
Cons
The whole place sucks
Good Company
HR Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJMarch 29, 2017
Management made sure you were trained well but never micromanage you. Best part of job was learning new things regarding human resources. The hardest part was getting employees to complete paperwork.
Run forrest Run
Program Assistant ATC 2 (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 15, 2017
This is the worst place I have ever worked, They actually want people to believe that this is the best places to work! please run away! No room for growth! Underpaid and over-worked!!!!! No bonus Unorganized and no communication. The only thing good is putting a smile on the clients faces. There are sooooo many companies that is out there that is better. This place is HORRIBLE!!! The management & superviors really sucks…There is no work/life balance. Oh don't call out from work if your child has a fever or need surgery. Yu will be written up for it or put on probation if it happens more than 2x.
Pros
The clients
Cons
Short lunch break, 35 hours per wk, yu taking 4 clients home alone on the bus with no aid.
Atc 4
Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Barnegat, NJJanuary 12, 2017
If you want to deal with LAZY staff and the WORST supervisors ever , then apply. I'd rather be a caged animal beaten daily then work here again. They treat the hard workers horribly and the lazy staff gets away with doing nothing.
Low pay and favoritism to certain staff, unfair and extremely unprofessional not to mention an extremely hostile environment to be a part of.
The only good thing about NJID is the clients.

RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN.

Not worth the headache and stress.
Pros
the clients
Cons
Unprofessional Supervisors
Place committed to change the life with kids and adults with disabiltiies
Social Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edison,NJOctober 10, 2016
Great Company, it has been my family for the past 10 years.
Open door policy and dedicated to their mission.
Benefits are very good and Directors and Supervisors are willing to work with the staff in any issue.
Overall is a great agency to work for.
Unfortunately, my Grant will be ending in a couple of months and my contract will be terminated.
This place has been my University.
Great place to work!
Group Home Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Toms River, NJSeptember 5, 2015
NJID is a fantastic company to work for. The staff are friendly and get along well, the office staff are down to earth and appropachable, and the individuals served are amazing people that will make you feel like your job has a purpose and brighten each work day.
productive
Program Assistant, Full-Time (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJuly 31, 2015
you always have something to work on. the clients are great sometime the people you work with give you problems because they can be lazy at times
only there for the students
Para (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJApril 8, 2015
The program itself for the students is excellent. If you want a job that you can't advance in, here it is. It is a good first job, something nice to put on your resume, just don't get comfortable. There is no room for advancement. There is also little to no communication between the staff and administration about current concerns, therefore issues go unresolved. It is a nonprofit so there is no union reps to speak for the people when there are situations that need to be addressed. The staff has a overall love and concern for the students, that is what motivates staff to continue working. But overall, it is not worth the headache.
Pros
working with the students
Cons
low wages, no communication, unfair rules, rules don't apply to everyone.
I was the front desk clerical support for the school, and a liason between parents and staff. The hardest part of the job was to hold back sympathy
Receptionist/Front Desk, Clerical Asst. (Former Employee) –  Edison, NJOctober 7, 2014
As a School for children with disabilities you would think that the atmosphere would be depressing, but to the contrary, it was a very upbeat and positive workplace. I was a receptionist/front desk and
clerical support for the entire school and OT, PT, and ST departments, such as therapies, wheelchair clinic, and augmentative clinic. I operated a multi-line phone system, and participated in many projects as necessary. Interaction with students and their families was a bonus you could not replace.
Pros
Pleasant atmosphere, comradery with staff and students. Excellent benefits and salary increases.
Cons
The only con I have is that they needed to reduce staff due to budgetary concerns, lower enrollment, reduction in state aid.
How my day begaings
Group Home Manager (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJNovember 14, 2013
A day at work begging with me checking on all the clients to see how their night went. Then I check with my staff to get a report of their shift. I then check e-mails and review paper work from the shift . I have learned that as a manager that I have responsibility to make sure that my staff are doing their job and meeting the expatiation of the job. The hardest part of the job is when i have to write up on of my staff. This is my responsibility as a manager . I will also use the write up as a teachable moment for the staff. I enjoy the interaction with the clients that I provide a severs for.
Pros
I am able to work with people and make sure that they have a good life.
Cons
Their are people in the cummunity that need to be educatated
Not much room for advancement
Head LPN CARE Homes (Current Employee) –  Edison, NJSeptember 11, 2012
Typical day of work is on hand experience. Checking GTube placement, O2 sats, vitals, medication administration. The management is a little unstable as there tends to be personal friendships leading to favoritisms. The hardest part of the job is escaping from chatty staff, as much as you distance yourself and say you want nothing to do with the childish gossip, its always there. There isnt room for advancement and no paid time off nor insurance.The most enjoyable part of the day is when you get to make the clients laugh and see that they had an enjoyable day.
Pros
making the clients smila and laugh at the end of the day
Cons
no insurance, no opportunity for advancement
excellent experience
Program Administrator (Current Employee) –  Perth Amboy, NJSeptember 4, 2012
transition planning for individuals with intellectual and physical disabilities. provided me witht he abilities to know that all we put in our minds we can do
Pros
networking
Cons
it was a non profit

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Jersey Institute for Disabilities. Our community is ready to answer.

New Jersey Institute for Disabilities Reviews by Location