New Jersey Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Student work at NJIT
Office of Admissions - Student Generalist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 3, 2016
As a Student Generalist in the Admissions Office, I loved the support the full-time workers gave me. If I needed time off for school, it was never a problem. The hardest part of the job was seeing other administrators doing devious things and having to deal with it because, you know, as a student worker, there isn't much you can do.
Great program with great benefits
Research & Engineering Apprenticeship Program (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 13, 2016
At NJIT, I was working with college student performing research with stem cells. The program offered me knowledge into how stem cells work, how fast the medical field is advancing in things like adhesive band aids and gauze for post operative care. Most enjoyable part of the job was performing the research myself. The hardest part of the job was conducting the right amount of plausible research in the time we were allotted.
Very diverse community of students, professors and staff. Advance when it comes to technology.
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 4, 2016
As a college NJIT is exceptional in academics. As a workplace (ECE Dept.) its an easy going but stimulating job experience with many benefits. My job was simple once i got used to my responsibilities.
Theater Department is Fantastic
Stage Hand/Staff (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 26, 2016
I loved my paid internship. I learned a lot and had fun doing so. They work everyone hard but fairly. I wish I could have stayed.
Productive and fun working place
Internship (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 3, 2016
I like to programming to provide solutions for the given. Every place has it's pros and cons but its up to me deal with and make a better way not only for myself but other too.
Great folks to work with...
Director of Composition (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 30, 2016
While advancement opportunities are slim to none, the professionals we work with at our level are excellent and have created a culture all their own.
Pros
We are encouraged to work unsupervised, and each person has many responsibilities.
Cons
n/a
Good job close to home
MLK Jr. Blvd (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 27, 2016
good place to work, it was close to home for me, very nice people to work with and for.
Learned about grants and how to bill the grants
Pros
close to home
Cons
it was a temp position
Children
Teacher Assistant (Science) (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 16, 2016
I would lead my students to their correct classes for the day. I learned following someone else's schedule was not easier than following my own.
Good
Student Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 9, 2016
Good working environment that consists of helping vendors, clients, students, and campus. Work requirements are based on effective communication and checking with other workers who help service the campus community. We provide maintenance, mechanical, HVAC, event setup, transportation, general upkeep, and other building facilities related items. overall, it is a good experience to see how independent contractors and other entities work together to reach a common goal, which makes you feel motivated.
Place to learn new things
IT Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 5, 2016
The best things about this is,you will get the opportunity to work with high authority and expertise people. They say "Imagination is the limit" and that's true about this job. I really learned a lot here.
Prodcutive place to work
Accounts Payable Clerk (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 23, 2016
Very Professional and team orientated.
Great hours and room for growth.
Everyone is a helpfully
I would love to stay as an employee
Great school
Computer Lab Assistant and Repair Center (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 4, 2016
Good environment to work. It is challenging and required lots of energy but it pays off at the end of the day. I go to school there and work at the same time.
Pros
Nice area
Cons
less attention
Good job with great experience
Senior Project Plant Design Group Leader (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 27, 2016
In order to get the research position I had to be active in the AiChE chapter as well as talk to post-grad students. If you don't mind working hard and long hours and talking frequently about your progress (including presentations) you will have a great time.
Very flexible with school
Media Services Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 13, 2016
The entire team at my job was cooperative with my school schedule, and the my bosses were very understanding of my shift necessities.
Nice people and nice environment
Administrative Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 2, 2016
Data inputting of all the workshops that occurred within the past days (Attendance, Surveys). Compilation of reports based on data.
very productive, different product and test
PC Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 21, 2016
It was a part time job, they were really flexible, my job was consisted to help students create password and gain access to computer program. maintain computer and printers.
Train and assist new workers. provide support program to all new personal.
Great School
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 23, 2015
I am currently a student and will be graduating in December. This was a great place to hone my skills and acquire knowledge in several different areas, not just my chosen major.
Working for NJIT
Information Technology Technician (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJNovember 4, 2015
Delivery of setup of audio visual technology including, smart carts mobile computing stations. Troubleshooting mainly Windows Basic application and service under time constraints, wired and wireless network issues, PC Hardware issues, P/A systems and LCD Projectors.
Good Management
Technical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 27, 2015
NJIT is very competitive school, with good professors and educational materials. Sufficient educational facilities.
Great staff and comfortable environment
Residence Life Office Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 5, 2015
I have been working at New Jersey Institute of Technology part time. Fun workplace with supportive management. Decent amounts of politics.
Pros
It is close to the New York City. Opportunities in the industry for the finishing grad students.
Cons
Bad location - Newark

New Jersey Institute of Technology Reviews by Location