New Jersey Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

Productive work environment with full autonomy to do your job
Residence Coordinator (Current Employee), Newark, NJJuly 16, 2015
Organizational skills are key to completing the tasks in any institution and is transferable across any job or carrer. The hardest part of the job is staying on top of the staff that you are responsible for while juggling multiple responsibilities.
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with young potential and having the opportunity to impact their future in a positive direction.
My co-workers are very supportive. We always made time to establish standards that we were sure to follow so that we could collaboratively work at our best.
A typical day at work would consist of staff supervision, following up on any facilities issues, adhering to any customer concerns, and project management.
Great learning experience
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 25, 2015
Great learning experience, well experienced people working that are supportive and helpful when needed. Great environment to learn encouraging to further develop one's self
goood place to start doing research
Research Intern, NJIT Bunker Labs (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 25, 2015
Pros: flexablie of hours.
this place is really good to start research and really learn from graduate students. Working her a really a nice experiences.
My experience as a grader
Math Differential Equations-222 course grader (Former Employee), Department of Mathematics and StatisticsJune 16, 2015
Typically, I worked 4 hours per day. I had to grade the homework and quizzes of undergrad students. I had difficulties to manage the time as I was doing 5 subjects that semester. I learnt to work faster. The hardest part of the job was when I had to submit my own homework or when I had to work the day before my midterms. The most enjoyable part was when the professors told me that they were impressed by my grading.
Good Research School
Chemistry Tutor (Current Employee), Newark, NJJune 10, 2015
Many research opportunities at this school. Good professors and management. You have to stay active and manage your time well to succeed. People are friendly and approachable.
An excellent educational institution and a great place to work
HR Generalist (Former Employee), Newark, NJJune 10, 2015
Pros: employee tuition reimbursement
Cons: minimal professional development opportunites
My daily responsibilities involved, providing immigration assistance to non-immigrant employees and providing specific administrative assistance to all employees. The administrative functions related to my job provided me with knowledge and skills necessary to excel as an administrator. The immigration assistance I provided equipped me with knowledge of immigration rules and regulations pertaining to non-immigrant employment in the United States.

Management allowed for growth opportunity by trusting the ability of employees to fulfill the requirements of the job independently and efficiently.

My co-workers were sociable, friendly and professional. We worked well together as a team on projects. They were also courteous and always willing to lend a hand.

The most difficult part of my job was staying abreast of changes in immigration rules regulations which seemed to come rather frequently.

Most enjoyable was the opportunity to greet new exchange visitors and present a monthly orientation program. During this program there was dialogue with the exchange visitor as well as his/her dependents.
good
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Newark, NJJune 3, 2015
Useful lectures with helpful teachers.Passion about work.
Great place to learn new knowledge. Hope the university would be better every year
Office of the President (Current Employee), Newark, NJJune 1, 2015
NJIT is an excellent place to work, great location, benefits, etc. The administration and staff are great. I would recommend this place of business to anyone
Good Job Experience
Teacher Assistant at the School of Architecture (Former Employee), NewarkMay 30, 2015
New Jersey Institute of Technology gave me the chance to gain confidant about what I can offer at a work place, help the other students, and make a deference
Productive and fun workplace
Student Caller (Current Employee), Newark, NJApril 1, 2015
Great management, great staff, and great environment to work. Has greatly helped me in increasing my communication skills.
Very good
Database Management Project (Former Employee), Newark, NJMarch 29, 2015
It a good place to work if you want to experience a start up environment.
I learned a lot about analysing mass-spectrometric data.
Management was professional.
Co-workers were very co-operative and maintained positive work environment.
Hardest part is cleaning high noise mass spectrometric data.
A good place
Undergraduate Admissions Counselor (Current Employee), Newark, NJMarch 19, 2015
NJIT is a great place to work. Many people stay there over 20 years, this is very rare in Higher Education. If you get a job at NJIT stick it out it definitely worth it, the Money is very good too
Graduate student assistant
Graduate Student assistant-Testing Co-ordinator (Former Employee), Newark, NJMarch 16, 2015
Pros: good facilities flexible work hours
Worked as a Graduate student asistant. Was in charge of undergraduate testing. The administrators are fine. Decent pay. Just about enough to support oneself.
interinship program
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 25, 2015
work force improvement program, had hands on training in ms office programs. use acquired skills to assist students & staff with enrollment, credits needed, brochures, input of students information in school system
Supportive Enviornment
Teaching Assistant, Mathematical Sciences (Former Employee), Newark, NJFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: tea time, seminars
Supportive student body and professors. Administration is helpful and considerate. Quality seminars. Tea time for unwinding.
Great Company
Capstone Project Website Developer (Former Employee), Newark, NJDecember 11, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: n/a
BNY MELLON is a great company to work for. I loved working for the company. Company is well organized and appreciates its employees effort.
traffic designer or planner,field data collector, video analyst
Video Analyst (Current Employee), NJITNovember 10, 2014
Pros: safety
Cons: too simple to challenging
In China from 2010-2012, i worked as an assistant of traffic engineer. my responsibility is to plan traffic signs and makrings on urban roads or highways. Plus, i still designed the signals in intersections.

In USA from June to July 2014, my first job in USA is field data collector which is to collect the data about the percentage of drivers who fasten the seatbelt. this is a program funded by federal government to investigate the safety of driving in NJ compared to 2013.
In USA from August to present, video analyst is a good job for me. My responsibility is to monitor the videos from NJTCD and record the incidents like speed drop, stop vehicle,etc. My co-workers are mainly from the graduate program of transportation.
Telephone Operator (Former Employee), University Heights,NJOctober 24, 2014
Pros: free monthly bus passes
I enjoyed this job because it was a fun atmosphere and I was treated as an equal. i loved my boss and co workers and we all got along very well.
School job
Desk Assistant (Former Employee), Newark, NJOctober 20, 2014
Pros: learnt a lot
Cons: space too small
Worked with students and kept records of there in and out movements on campus
New learning everyday
Tutor (Current Employee), Newark NJOctober 17, 2014
Being a tutor, you would get a chance to solve many problems asked by the undergrad students, so each question answered is new learning each day.