New Jersey Institute of Technology Employee Reviews

An inclusive job with opportunity to learn about diversity and societal issues
Student Diversity Programs (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJAugust 27, 2017
I learned about different identities people have and how those identities can influence their perspective on life as well as how people treat them. The culture was very open minded considering that the people who worked there had deeper understanding about diversity.
workplace
Accountant Representative (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 27, 2017
Workplace was great. People who work are New Jersey Institute of Technology are amazing. Great friends to be found there. Always willing to help each other.
Managment problems
Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJune 23, 2017
There were many great managers, but those managers found other opportunites within a year. Managers with seniority became rigid, unfriendly and not willing to consider new ideas. Employees were not treated equally, giving preference to male employees.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
management and staff not open to new ideas or change
Productive and friendly environment
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 30, 2017
This is the best place to work while studying. I personally like the environment. It's very friendly and never depressing. Best part of the job is getting training.
Productive and something I love to do.
IT LAB CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 28, 2017
The work environment is quite good. People love to work in team and motivate each other to do good. The management knows how to keep their employee happy and they do us by giving benefits and compensations time to time.
Helping students understand basic circuit analysis.
Circuits and Systems Tutor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 3, 2017
Students walk in during tutoring sessions in order to enhance their understanding of circuit and system analysis. As a tutor, I learn how to express my knowledge past to other students. As a result, not only do students become more knowledge in circuit analysis, but I also strengthen my teaching skills. There is great pleasure in helping students in topics I am passionate about.
Interesting Work but Bad Experience
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMarch 1, 2017
I learned a lot while working here, but I had a really bad experience where I was on my own working there with very little oversight or help from my mentor.
overall experience is good
Desk Attendant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJFebruary 6, 2017
Overall experience was good. We get to interact with people from different countries
Try to solve their problem using desired skills.
Coordinate with the colleges so that the work process goes smooth.
Nice experience
Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 13, 2017
Had to operate tours on a weekly basis and present NJIT to student who may be looking to apply there. It has very easy and flexible hours and it teaches you how to talk to people and sell something and present it in a favorable way.
Research lab- fun to work with
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 12, 2017
NJIT is a good place to work at. Lots of undergraduate and graduate students. There is some really exciting research work happening at NJIT. I work at a research lab, where we get to experiment a lot in the quest of discovering something new.
A perfect On Campus Job for self development
Exam Proctor (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 5, 2017
Good Experience gained during my second semester while working as an Exam Proctor for New Jersey Institute of Technology.
Work culture was calm and good.
I have work there before so im looking to come back
Dietician/Food Services Department (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 4, 2017
I would like to work with this company because I just like to work with people all around. I like working with my co. Management because I can learn from them at all times so please help me to get in there.
productive and fun place to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 3, 2017
very cheerful staff and great experience. A lot of research work takes place which are funded effeciently. Work time is flexible as per your daily schedule.
Poor job
SENIOR PUBLIC SAFETY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 24, 2016
Worked 4 yeats terrible time working here management has bad communication skills
Supervisors are police officers they treat you bad they disrespect and have little care for your well being
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor work enviorment
Excellent
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 16, 2016
It is really helpful for me. There are many chances for person like me who are busy with finding job. The structure is simple and generous. And the service is intimate. I wish it be more and more stronger.
Excellent
ELA Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 4, 2016
Acquired leadership skills and management skills. Excellent work environment and the freedom to give your ideas and work with a team.
Student work at NJIT
Office of Admissions - Student Generalist (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJOctober 3, 2016
As a Student Generalist in the Admissions Office, I loved the support the full-time workers gave me. If I needed time off for school, it was never a problem. The hardest part of the job was seeing other administrators doing devious things and having to deal with it because, you know, as a student worker, there isn't much you can do.
Estágio de Verão com total suporte da universidade
Pesquisador (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 27, 2016
Universidade com acesso à tecnologia de ponta. Aprendi a importância da pesquisa para o desenvolvimento de novas tecnologias além da importância de se conhecer diferentes areas na engenharia.
A pesquisa tinha como objetivo principal prever como as células tronco regeneram tecido vivo. Para isso, desenvolvi a automação do processo químico necessário para a análise do comportamento das células
Great program with great benefits
Research & Engineering Apprenticeship Program (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 13, 2016
At NJIT, I was working with college student performing research with stem cells. The program offered me knowledge into how stem cells work, how fast the medical field is advancing in things like adhesive band aids and gauze for post operative care. Most enjoyable part of the job was performing the research myself. The hardest part of the job was conducting the right amount of plausible research in the time we were allotted.
Very diverse community of students, professors and staff. Advance when it comes to technology.
Student Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJSeptember 4, 2016
As a college NJIT is exceptional in academics. As a workplace (ECE Dept.) its an easy going but stimulating job experience with many benefits. My job was simple once i got used to my responsibilities.