New London Hospital Employee Reviews

Work Enviroment
LNA (Former Employee) –  New London, NHOctober 16, 2017
In the environment, too many try to undercut your efforts. Lack of encouragement along with lack of raises. Too much micromanaging, expecting those below you to do the top players job. Too much gossiping. While the meetings are always pushing political correctness, not enough common sense is being utilized. Salaries are very low for those who do the daily jobs that keep the hospital going. They have overstaffed management positions and pay them too much of the revenue made by the hospital. Most management positions could be left vacant and no one would notice, except that the atmosphere would be more peaceful. They would be able to give raises to the lower tier if they cut-out half their management who don't do much except dribble PC language around, which is nothing but empty words and slogans that have nothing to do with the actual care of patients. The computer system at the hospital has multiple problems. Whoever installed that, needs to be replaced with someone competent enough and who knows of a better system that works smoothly and faster. In the 13 years I worked there my salary went up $3.47/hr or 26 cents a year. The only benefit worth noting is earned time all the rest amount to nothing. Loyalty from employees is not reciprocated from the employer. But that seems to be the sign of our times. The CEOs, executives, and management salaries go up plus they get outrageous bonuses. That seems to be the bottom line for management and everyone else to them is expendable. "There are too many chefs in the kitchen."
Pros
It is a little hospital
Cons
Pc, too much money wasted on management salaries, little in raises for the workers, rare to advance, benefits are mostly none existence, Health care is a benefit in almost any job. Te best thing they have going is their earn time.
Nice Hospital but staff isn't the friendliest
Medical group coding advisor (Current Employee) –  New London, NHMarch 28, 2017
New London is a beautiful town and very community oriented. New London Hospital is a very small work environment which has an amazing focus on customer service and patient care. But that's where it ends. They tell you it's employees are very important and valuable but I've seen so many people leave in the four months I've been here. My supervisor gives me a difficult time when I need a day off and I'm stuck in a tiny office with no windows or ventilation I feel like I don't exist half the time. Not very team oriented and the coworkers can be difficult to work with and does not give you the team feeling you get at orientation.
Good entry level position.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New London, NHMarch 11, 2017
12 hour shifts are typical. I learned the foundation of being a registered nurse on a floor unit. Management was typical and understandable. Culture was cohesive. Hardest part was lack of real advancement opportunities. Most enjoyable was true autonomy.
Pros
Free CEU's
Cons
Advancement
GREAT place to work. Management and co-workers great
COOK,PREP COOK, BAKER (Former Employee) –  New London, NHFebruary 15, 2017
nice atmosphere . Pleasant company to come to work every day. I come in and make breakfast for hospital, nursing home and caferteria daily. Then I would make lunch for all three . Bosses were great to work with.
Pros
nice pay raises.
Cons
Professional,yet fun place to work.Enjoy the different people and what they have to offer and bring to the table everyday
Tech Sterile Processing (Current Employee) –  New London, NHAugust 29, 2016
Management encourages learning and growth,team players within the SPD dept. Hardest part at times,down time.
New London listens to suggestions and is open to change.
They understand the importance of balancing work and home.
Pros
flexibilty within schedule
Cons
demigraphics pays huge part in rate of pay which is tough at times
Good place to work overall.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  LaboratoryMay 17, 2016
No pay raises for anyone in 5-plus years! Pay not competitive. Inordinate numbers of upper management for a small facility. Excellent work environment in the laboratory, with great managers.
Pros
Wonderful co-workers throughout the hospital; all departments work well together.
Cons
Pay not competitive.
Great Place to work. Nicest people you'll ever find in medicine.
Patient Care (Current Employee) –  New London, NHApril 10, 2016
Great place to work, fun and professional environment. Real family and team minded company. Pay is less than a one could make anywhere else but the work environment makes up for it.
Pros
Great people, accommodating management, fun place to work
Cons
Lower pay scale than most other hospitals
Poor Management, Little Advancement, Horrible Pay
Radiology (Current Employee) –  RadiologyApril 7, 2016
The hospital has not given raises to its radiology employees in over 6 years. Upper management told the radiology staff that they would never get raises in the future despite the fact that the radiology department brings in the most money for the hospital. They are paying experienced and licensed employees well below what they deserve compared to other local facilities. They don't do any retirement matching. Upper management is not open to conversations about advancement and growth. Upper management has openly admitted that this hospital is just a place for new employees to get experience before moving onto another job. They are not willing to make changes or take suggestions to keep their employees happy.
Too many team leads!
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New London, NHDecember 28, 2015
Nice and small hospital however we had 2 computer systems to go through to check all of the patients in. They were very grumpy and hard to deal with. I found that their were too many "team leads" and supervisors who did nothing on certain issues. Bad toxic environment. Most of the co-workers were very nice to work with.
Pros
Small hospital
Cons
no breaks other than a half hour lunch.

Comment – February 11, 2016

Very toxic environment. You have to watch your back every minute. Not too much room for advancement.

Productive, busy
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  New London, NHDecember 2, 2015
Provide great customer service to about 50-80 patients a day.
Many tasks through out the day. Wonderful co-workers.
Learned a lot about insurances and how the health care system works.
Pros
Relationships with in the community (helping others)
Cons
very routine, not enough potential for growth
Best place I have ever worker
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  John Stark Highway, Newport NHSeptember 29, 2015
We had 8 different doctors at the Health Center so we saw all age groups. We were all cross trained to work with each doctor in case someone was out sick. So each day could be different. The employees were a team and worked as a team. Great relationships were made. It was like working with your family.
I was able to use all my training and skills. We drew blood, gave immunizations and injections. We performed lab testing and EKG's.
I cannot think of one negative aspect of the time I spent working at this facility with those great people.
Pros
Everything, great people, great doctors, great management
Cons
When one our co-workers passed away. When I moved to another state
Good stuff cohesion and team work.Fast paced work days and long hours.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  New London, NHAugust 3, 2015
Provision of basic nursing by primary nurse in am e.g. nursing rounds, med pass assessments,preparation of patients for procedures,meals, personal hygiene in coordination with nurse assistants,families and other departments. Daily MD rounds some of which required a nurse's presence. A typical day always had an agent patient situation with an occasional emergency that requires the primary nurse's attention.
Management involvement in typical situations coordination of care, staff support and problems solving was helpful. Supervision of subordinate staff in patient care sometimes consumed most of the time which is in short supply.
The most enjoyable part of the was appreciation of staff by both patients,family and management,successful resolution of problems of the day e.g. recovery and stabilization of patient status that needed urgent care.Working with good nurses and LNAs.
Hardest part of the day was death of the loved one or supporting family members in critical situations.
Pros
Bonus for extra shifts and involvement of stuff in scheduling work days
Cons
Limited time for lunches, long hours due to high workload in case of high patient acuity.
Dedicated Staff
Volunteer and Auxiliary Services Manager (Former Employee) –  New London, NHNovember 10, 2014
I found both the volunteer and hospital staff to be dedicated, caring individuals who genuinely wanted to help their patients (and the residents) experience the best in healthcare.

The hospital was a great place to work with learning opportunities at every turn. They were supportive of employees empowering themselves and dedicated in allowing us to provide the best care possible.
Pros
Professional yet friendly atmosphere, supportive management
Cons
Small rural hospital
Bad culture
Lead Cook / Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  New London, NHOctober 18, 2014
Be careful kitchen is full of nepotism and inappropriate behavior. Worked many years giving up holidays and personal time. Management doesn't care no breaks etc. I gave 14 years w/solid reviews till the last year. I no longer fit with the family's and their behaviors.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor upper management
strictly business
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New London, NHOctober 1, 2014
enjoyed the patients-I learned like in business be professional at all times
Pros
close to home
critical access hospital with staffing/morale challenges
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  new London, NHAugust 25, 2014
Top heavy environment, too many chiefs, Indians aren't appreciated.
Staffing acceptable, but high turnover.
Pros
Close to the upper valley, concord etc.
Cons
Top heavy infrastructure
Housekeeper
Posting Clerk (Former Employee) –  New London, NHApril 16, 2014
I had the opportunity to work quite independently, as I was considered a floater housekeeper. My day took me into many parts of the hospital to disinfect and clean,
Decent place to work and excellent co - workers!
Med Staff Coord/Provider Enrollment Spec (Current Employee) –  New London, NHJanuary 22, 2014
Good place to work.
Co-workers make the job enjoyable.
This is a small community hospital and there are good opportunities for growth.
Great work culture
Community Outreach Health Education Intern (Former Employee) –  New London, NHOctober 15, 2013
Doing my internship at NLH was a great experience for me. I was exposed to varies aspects of healthcare and interacted with the staff on a regular. It took a lot of time and hard work, but in the end, I produced great results.
Comfortable
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New London, NHSeptember 10, 2013
Fun atmosphere, great people! It is a very laid back atmosphere . The hardest part is having a difficult patient. Some time there is a lack of communication both between patients and coworkers.
The software is easy to use, however they use multiple systems that make things slower both for staff and patients.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
short breaks