New London Hospital Employee Reviews

Productive, busy
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  New London, NHDecember 2, 2015
Provide great customer service to about 50-80 patients a day.
Many tasks through out the day. Wonderful co-workers.
Learned a lot about insurances and how the health care system works.
Pros
Relationships with in the community (helping others)
Cons
very routine, not enough potential for growth
Best place I have ever worker
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  John Stark Highway, Newport NHSeptember 29, 2015
We had 8 different doctors at the Health Center so we saw all age groups. We were all cross trained to work with each doctor in case someone was out sick. So each day could be different. The employees were a team and worked as a team. Great relationships were made. It was like working with your family.
I was able to use all my training and skills. We drew blood, gave immunizations and injections. We performed lab testing and EKG's.
I cannot think of one negative aspect of the time I spent working at this facility with those great people.
Pros
Everything, great people, great doctors, great management
Cons
When one our co-workers passed away. When I moved to another state
Good stuff cohesion and team work.Fast paced work days and long hours.
Staff RN (Former Employee) –  New London, NHAugust 3, 2015
Provision of basic nursing by primary nurse in am e.g. nursing rounds, med pass assessments,preparation of patients for procedures,meals, personal hygiene in coordination with nurse assistants,families and other departments. Daily MD rounds some of which required a nurse's presence. A typical day always had an agent patient situation with an occasional emergency that requires the primary nurse's attention.
Management involvement in typical situations coordination of care, staff support and problems solving was helpful. Supervision of subordinate staff in patient care sometimes consumed most of the time which is in short supply.
The most enjoyable part of the was appreciation of staff by both patients,family and management,successful resolution of problems of the day e.g. recovery and stabilization of patient status that needed urgent care.Working with good nurses and LNAs.
Hardest part of the day was death of the loved one or supporting family members in critical situations.
Pros
Bonus for extra shifts and involvement of stuff in scheduling work days
Cons
Limited time for lunches, long hours due to high workload in case of high patient acuity.
Dedicated Staff
Volunteer and Auxiliary Services Manager (Former Employee) –  New London, NHNovember 10, 2014
I found both the volunteer and hospital staff to be dedicated, caring individuals who genuinely wanted to help their patients (and the residents) experience the best in healthcare.

The hospital was a great place to work with learning opportunities at every turn. They were supportive of employees empowering themselves and dedicated in allowing us to provide the best care possible.
Pros
professional yet friendly atmosphere, supportive management
Cons
small rural hospital
Bad culture
Lead Cook / Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  New London, NHOctober 18, 2014
Be careful kitchen is full of nepotism and inappropriate behavior. Worked many years giving up holidays and personal time. Management doesn't care no breaks etc. I gave 14 years w/solid reviews till the last year. I no longer fit with the family's and their behaviors.
Pros
good pay
Cons
poor upper management
strictly business
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New London, NHOctober 1, 2014
enjoyed the patients-I learned like in business be professional at all times
Pros
close to home
critical access hospital with staffing/morale challenges
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  new London, NHAugust 25, 2014
Top heavy environment, too many chiefs, Indians aren't appreciated.
Staffing acceptable, but high turnover.
Pros
close to the upper valley, concord etc.
Cons
top heavy infrastructure
Housekeeper
Posting Clerk (Former Employee) –  New London, NHApril 16, 2014
I had the opportunity to work quite independently, as I was considered a floater housekeeper. My day took me into many parts of the hospital to disinfect and clean,
Decent place to work and excellent co - workers!
Med Staff Coord/Provider Enrollment Spec (Current Employee) –  New London, NHJanuary 22, 2014
Good place to work.
Co-workers make the job enjoyable.
This is a small community hospital and there are good opportunities for growth.
Great work culture
Community Outreach Health Education Intern (Former Employee) –  New London, NHOctober 15, 2013
Doing my internship at NLH was a great experience for me. I was exposed to varies aspects of healthcare and interacted with the staff on a regular. It took a lot of time and hard work, but in the end, I produced great results.
Comfortable
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New London, NHSeptember 10, 2013
Fun atmosphere, great people! It is a very laid back atmosphere . The hardest part is having a difficult patient. Some time there is a lack of communication both between patients and coworkers.
The software is easy to use, however they use multiple systems that make things slower both for staff and patients.
Pros
laid back
Cons
short breaks
Multiple layers of administration for such a small institution. Good collegial place to work.
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  New London, NHJuly 11, 2013
Little opportunity for advancement in Case Management. The most difficult portion of my role is making both the insurer, physicians, clients and families happy and satisfied with plan of care and timing of discharge within necessary constraints. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with, the proximity to my hometown and the support for ones' family life.
Pros
the people!
Cons
difficult to get breaks or lunch most days.
ok
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  New London, NHJune 19, 2013
Many different units. i worked in clough center which is the long term and rehab unit. mostly longterm.
Great place to get started as an MA
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New London, NHMarch 5, 2013
Small, friendly atmosphere allows a new medical assistant a great place to start.
Pros
small hospital, not too busy
Cons
health insurrance too expensive for an individual
Nice hospital, great management
Radiographic Technologist (Current Employee) –  New London, NHDecember 6, 2012
I've enjoyed my time at New London Hospital, it is a very nice establishment. My favorite part of the job is my boss; she's the nicest, most understanding, and best boss I have ever had!
Sufficient
PFS (Current Employee) –  New London, NHApril 11, 2012
New London hospital is a small critical access hospital. It has its pros sufficient training for the position your interested in; and its cons not much room for voicing opinions or recognition.