New Mexico Educators Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Great place to work!
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 21, 2014
NMEFCU is a great place to work that offers a great overall compensation/benefits package. Management and coworkers were also enjoyable to work with. One thing I will criticize the company for is that they advertise career advancement opportunities but hire externally for jobs that could be easily filled by internal applicants that want to move up in the company. So if you have aspirations of moving up within the credit union, you're in for an unpleasant surprise. If you do not have prior experience in the field/department you're trying to get into, completely forget about it.

Also be prepared to work almost every Saturday. I didn't mind it so much since they give you a day off during the week. But it was extremely difficult to meet my 40 hours each week. You would have to cut your lunches to 30mins and even 15 mins if you wanted to make sure you had a full 80 hour paycheck.

One thing I really liked about the credit union is that we worked as a team. We didn't have individual sales goals but overall credit union goals we had to meet each month. You don't feel forced each day to make sure you've met your numbers and have to worry about losing your job if you didn't. The credit union teaches you to offer products and services that will benefit the member and not because you have to but because you honestly think it will benefit their financial situation.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
No career advancement opportunities/Working almost every Saturday
wonderful work environment to help stay busy and meet new team of employees
TELLER 1 (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque,NMDecember 18, 2013
A Typical day at work was waking in the morning, suit and tie, breakfast and on to help others with their money. I learned how members can react to different situations and how to handle them. I learned to offer sales opportunities in a bigger crowd. I learned a better way of approachment so I could make those sales. I learned a great deal of customer service to add on what I had before. My co-workers were friendly and capable of helping eachother when needed. The hardest part of the job was on a busy day to stay at a calm pace when millions of eyes it seemed like were waiting on you. Yet, I managed to stay focused in times like that as well. The most enjoyable part was getting refferals from others saying I did a great job and my manager complimenting me on the job.
Pros
Everything was well and fun with the members and co-workers
Cons
Have to be aware for those that wish to scam you
liked the area i was in at the credit union
Mail Teller (Former Employee) –  uptown officeMay 10, 2012
sorted the mail to the correct people through out the credit union and deposited the mail into the the correct accounts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Mexico Educators Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3