New Mexico Heart Institute Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Eh, its alright
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 6, 2017
Working at NMHI I have learned lots of things. The main thing that I have learned is, if you are not a favorite you will not advance. All the supervisors have their hand picked favorites. The manager of the medical assistants is very unprofessional. The moves made from department to department are lateral and you will not receive a pay increase. There are perks, breakfast bar, uniform vouchers, PTO, 401K. But those are not enough to keep an employee happy. Management discusses other employees personal and professional issues to which ever ear is willing to listen. This is great company ant the doctors rock, but they need to do some serious "house cleaning" and get rid of the bad apples. No matter how long they have been there.
Pros
breakfast bar and benefits
Cons
mostly everything listed above
Great communication
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 21, 2017
This company has been so great they treat the employees great with weekly meetings. They care about your needs. They have a breakfast bar for their team which is great for those that don't get to eat.
Productive, team supportive
Medical Records Cler/Medical Tech. (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMAugust 3, 2017
They encourage cross training, assist one another with tasks, worked together for smooth days work, Challenged to excellence in all task given on daily basis.
Learning Experience
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87102May 19, 2017
I learn a lot from this job; However it was a lot information to comprehend; Especially coming from a doctor's office that was at a slow paced. I did like working with all the people I came in contact with.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
over worker
An excellent clinic for cardiac care.
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 19, 2017
New Mexico Heart Institute is New Mexico's largest privately owned heart specialty clinic. It now has direct ties to the Heart Hospital next door through Lovelace Healthcare Services.
Pros
Convenient downtown location.
Cons
Food options in the area limited.
Horrible place to work!
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 17, 2016
Management is a joke! She had her favorites and didn't care about other staff. Front desk and check out employees all talked about each other, Very rude front end staff! Unprofessional! You'll never see a pay raise and no room for advancement.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Educational and very helpful
Medical Billing Extern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 8, 2016
In the short time I did my exern I learned so much from the people I was set with , they showed Mr how to work different hospital world pools. Help push me pass what I was taught. Show me how to call and what is need in the work place. Made sure I knew how to work on other web sites pertaining to my job title... All in all keep me learning new skills and let me know I can work pass my abilities..
Pros
Helps with learning, great working hours
Front Desk
Receptionist/medical records (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMJuly 2, 2016
I worked medical records and later got moved to front desk. copying and collecting patient tests and forms and filed into patient folders. scheduled patient in for different tests regarding heart, collected co-pays and answered phones.
I learned that when I worked in Los Alamos NMHI that everything there was exactly the same as Santa Fe NMHI. I also learned a lot about the many tests for the heart.
management was good and communicated closely with the staff.
hardest part was having to work in a different town or location and not getting mileage pay for it.
I enjoyed all the patients and staff that I met.
Pros
Reps brought food for doctors and staff.
Cons
Our lunch breaks were short only 30 minutes.
Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 8, 2016
I enjoyed working here because it gave me my 1st experience in the administrative field. Boss was very professional and made me feel welcome. Got along with everyone
enjoyable
Medical Assistant, Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 25, 2016
good company to work for takes care of employees always new and challenging ways of learning things. great providers willing to teach and further educate staff
Pros
always learning
Cons
competitive
Keep looking
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 15, 2016
The management in this company is all backwards. If you have worked at this company for years your experience will be positivepositive. If you are just starting to work there it's going to be a rough time for you. The clinical staff have a rule to not talk to the new people until they get to the 6th month of being employed there. The management favors employees and allows for bad behavior and harassment. Some of the Dr's are just as bad. When you complain to hr about the bad behavior of the medical assistants it goes in one ear and out the other. I left this company due to the way they allow their employees to treat others and the poor management. This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The pay was the only good thing about this place. The 401k is horrible the pto is earned very slowly and the medical benefits are ridiculously expensive for what you get. I would recommend for your own sanity to not work here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
interesting place to work
Director of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 9, 2016
NMHI is an interesting place to work.

They do great work for their patients and for the community as a whole.

There are some good people there that work very hard to ensure the quality of care and health of the people they serve.
Benefits
Cons
N/a
Negative work environment/toxic job culture
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 14, 2015
This was quite possibly the most negative work environment I've encountered. Impossible to get past the politics/favoritism by management. Extremely unprofessional work environment with minimal emphasis on work ethic. No clear definition of job duties. Job duties seemed dependent on who's the daily favorite. I actually loved the work I did & the patient's, but couldn't get past the workplace politics (throwing under the bus, no help from management when needed). Would not recommend, unfortunately. It's incredibly important to enjoy your work environment!
Pros
Hours of operation, adequate pay
Cons
Negativity/ Lack of support
Keep looking
office staff (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 1, 2015
Very high turnover for employees. Management has favorites, and isn't fair to all employees. Benefits are lacking and always short staffed due to high turnover. Wages are low, and impossible to get a raise. To many other good companies to work for.
Pros
Central located in Albuquerque
Cons
Management and high turnover
great learning experience, poeple are freindly and very helpful with learning the ins and out of medical billing.
Medical Billing Extern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2015
I enjoyed my time at The Heart Institute , they should so much I could use in the work environment. The employees I worked with we so helpful, I learned so many thing .
Pros
great work experience, learnd alot from co-workers, located in a great location.
Cons
only got to do my eternship there, would have like to stay longer to get the full out look.
Exciting and Detailed work with patients, providers, and insurance companies
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 4, 2015
I learned many medical terms, procedures, and responsibilities, Wonderful work environment while I was pregnant. I would definitely recommend this company for future employees.
I have nothing good to say about this company.
Medical Records Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 4, 2015
Probably one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Micro-managing is their forte. No fairness in disciplinary process.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management were the hierarchy, and the others were nothing more than a number.
Extremely busy office
N/A (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 13, 2015
Extremely busy clinic. Long wait time to be seen by the doctor. Clinic staff did not act professional.
Work Place to work in Albuquerque
Med Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque,NMJanuary 9, 2015
1)Front office staff staff unfriendly and rude.

2)Long check in time and long wait to get called back to be seen.
3)Clinical staff unprofessional and very rude

Worst place to work , high turn over rate.

Never out of my seven years have I experienced the worst in what this position in held. Clinical staff was rude, unfriendly, and acted very unprofessional. The physicians were even worse!!! I have by far recomend to others applying here that they shold seek elseware the turnover rate is ridicoulous they go through clinic staff and management so frequenven the people who have been working there for several years couldnt tell the names of all the poeple who came and gone. By far the worst and most unprofessional place to work
Cons
Very productive; fun place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 26, 2014
This was a place of externship and I did learn a great deal of what I would do in a regular work environment. I even obtained training in ABI's. My co-worker's were very friendly and eager to help me with what I had questions about. The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience that I got from helping patients and doing something that I love.