New Mexico Heart Institute Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work!
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 17, 2016
Management is a joke! She had her favorites and didn't care about other staff. Front desk and check out employees all talked about each other, Very rude front end staff! Unprofessional! You'll never see a pay raise and no room for advancement.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Educational and very helpful
Medical Billing Extern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 8, 2016
In the short time I did my exern I learned so much from the people I was set with , they showed Mr how to work different hospital world pools. Help push me pass what I was taught. Show me how to call and what is need in the work place. Made sure I knew how to work on other web sites pertaining to my job title... All in all keep me learning new skills and let me know I can work pass my abilities..
Pros
Helps with learning, great working hours
Payment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 8, 2016
I enjoyed working here because it gave me my 1st experience in the administrative field. Boss was very professional and made me feel welcome. Got along with everyone
enjoyable
Medical Assistant, Medical Records Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 25, 2016
good company to work for takes care of employees always new and challenging ways of learning things. great providers willing to teach and further educate staff
Pros
always learning
Cons
competitive
Keep looking
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 15, 2016
The management in this company is all backwards. If you have worked at this company for years your experience will be positivepositive. If you are just starting to work there it's going to be a rough time for you. The clinical staff have a rule to not talk to the new people until they get to the 6th month of being employed there. The management favors employees and allows for bad behavior and harassment. Some of the Dr's are just as bad. When you complain to hr about the bad behavior of the medical assistants it goes in one ear and out the other. I left this company due to the way they allow their employees to treat others and the poor management. This is the worst company I have ever worked for. The pay was the only good thing about this place. The 401k is horrible the pto is earned very slowly and the medical benefits are ridiculously expensive for what you get. I would recommend for your own sanity to not work here.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
interesting place to work
Director of Information Technology (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 9, 2016
NMHI is an interesting place to work.

They do great work for their patients and for the community as a whole.

There are some good people there that work very hard to ensure the quality of care and health of the people they serve.
Benefits
Cons
N/A
Negative work environment/toxic job culture
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 14, 2015
This was quite possibly the most negative work environment I've encountered. Impossible to get past the politics/favoritism by management. Extremely unprofessional work environment with minimal emphasis on work ethic. No clear definition of job duties. Job duties seemed dependent on who's the daily favorite. I actually loved the work I did & the patient's, but couldn't get past the workplace politics (throwing under the bus, no help from management when needed). Would not recommend, unfortunately. It's incredibly important to enjoy your work environment!
Pros
Hours of operation, adequate pay
Cons
Negativity/ Lack of support
Keep looking
office staff (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 1, 2015
Very high turnover for employees. Management has favorites, and isn't fair to all employees. Benefits are lacking and always short staffed due to high turnover. Wages are low, and impossible to get a raise. To many other good companies to work for.
Pros
Central located in Albuquerque
Cons
Management and high turnover
great learning experience, poeple are freindly and very helpful with learning the ins and out of medical billing.
Medical Billing Extern (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 20, 2015
I enjoyed my time at The Heart Institute , they should so much I could use in the work environment. The employees I worked with we so helpful, I learned so many thing .
Pros
great work experience, learnd alot from co-workers, located in a great location.
Cons
only got to do my eternship there, would have like to stay longer to get the full out look.
Exciting and Detailed work with patients, providers, and insurance companies
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 4, 2015
I learned many medical terms, procedures, and responsibilities, Wonderful work environment while I was pregnant. I would definitely recommend this company for future employees.
I have nothing good to say about this company.
Medical Records Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 4, 2015
Probably one of the worst companies I have ever worked for. Micro-managing is their forte. No fairness in disciplinary process.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Management were the hierarchy, and the others were nothing more than a number.
Extremely busy office
N/A (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 13, 2015
Extremely busy clinic. Long wait time to be seen by the doctor. Clinic staff did not act professional.
Work Place to work in Albuquerque
Med Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque,NMJanuary 9, 2015
1)Front office staff staff unfriendly and rude.

2)Long check in time and long wait to get called back to be seen.
3)Clinical staff unprofessional and very rude

Worst place to work , high turn over rate.

Never out of my seven years have I experienced the worst in what this position in held. Clinical staff was rude, unfriendly, and acted very unprofessional. The physicians were even worse!!! I have by far recomend to others applying here that they shold seek elseware the turnover rate is ridicoulous they go through clinic staff and management so frequenven the people who have been working there for several years couldnt tell the names of all the poeple who came and gone. By far the worst and most unprofessional place to work
Cons
Very productive; fun place to work.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 26, 2014
This was a place of externship and I did learn a great deal of what I would do in a regular work environment. I even obtained training in ABI's. My co-worker's were very friendly and eager to help me with what I had questions about. The most enjoyable part of the job was the experience that I got from helping patients and doing something that I love.
First FNP in New Mexico to start Project Re-Engineering Discharge (RED) for Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) Patients
Family Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMDecember 25, 2013
(Typical hours were 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Thursday at hospital, and 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM on Fridays for clinic appointments) Objective was to decrease 1 month readmission rate of CHF patients for Christus St. Vincent Medical Center and provide close follow-up for same patients at the New Mexico Heart Institute (NMHI) in Santa Fe, NM. I would select appropriate patients after review of hospitalist notes in morning. Depending on severity of symptoms and date for discharge, I triaged in-hospital patient visits for that day.
Collaborated with Pharm. Drs. to establish complete list of discharge medications and appropriate doses for each patient. In afternoon, I would visit selected patients, present personalized folder for at home care and discuss each item. At time of patient discharge, I would collaborate and schedule 1 week follow-up appointment with me at NMHI. The hospital and NMHI were in the process of collaboration of services at the time of my employment, and decided to terminate the position after only 5 months of existence. Unfortunately my immediate manager was unable to exercise any control over the situation. I gained a tremendous amount of knowledge regarding the identification and treatment of multiple types of CHF, teaching tools, & utilization of EHRs at the hospital and clinic. I was fortunate to work with great cardiologists, nephrologists, RNs, hospitalist physicians, and case managers. I thoroughly enjoyed interacting and teaching the patients and their families about the CHF disease process and their role in managing the disease process.
  more... The hardest part of the job was patient identification. There was no IT program or IS person in place to assist with identification of patients by DRG codes, symptomology, or other markers of CHF. The second most difficult part of the job was not being able to finish what I had started,  less
Pros
Variety of patients
Cons
Never enought time in the day to fully complete each patient encounter.
good place to work
Medical Assistant/Externship (Former Employee) –  santa fe,nmOctober 10, 2013
would arrive and start getting the patients up for the day with showers and shaving the men, and or brushing the teeth. assisting with feeding and general daily care through out the day.
Great Place should staied. Verfy friendly people.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque NMAugust 30, 2013
The New Mexico Heart institue is great and the people are kind and frendly. The work is interesting and you get great suport in anything you need to help you out to acomplish your work goals.
Extremely busy but fun place to work.
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 3, 2012
This office is very busy so there is not really any down time. Great place if you want to keep moving all day. The benefits are fairly good, they have 401 K and medical. The hours are great, week days only, 8-5. They have a high turn over rate. I'm not sure why but they have a hard time keeping employees.

2.8