New Mexico State University

New Mexico State University Employer Reviews

Great place to work and positive environment
Custodian Sr. (Current Employee), Alamogordo, NMNovember 9, 2014
Pros: going into work early and getting off early during the day
Cons: waking up 3am to go to work
Clean and healthy work environment positive attitudes good attitudes with students and staff
A typical day at work
Administrative Assistant, NMSU (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMOctober 20, 2014
Pros: communitication, team-players, healthy workplace
Our Strengthening Families Initiative office is not only a place of employment, but an office where the atmosphere is friendliness. Working with 10 co-workers for the past 7 years has been a learning experience for me. We work with Family Wellness program, bringing Healthy Marriages and family unification to the families in the community of Las Cruces. – more... I enjoy coming to work everyday, because we strive to improve and promote seff-suffiency in the lives of families. Our work ethic is genuine and we deliver a wonderful curricula in order to improve the family dynamics. We all work together as a team and learn from each other everyday by communicating and putting our best foot forward at all times. – less
Great educational faculty
Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMOctober 14, 2014
My experience at New Mexico State University was very positive and I was able to expand my knowledge of plant and environmental science quickly.
Decent place to work if it werent for current management.
Cashier (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMOctober 2, 2014
Having to deal with upset cusomers 80% of the time and then when management does not support you, makes it hard. A group of women that argue and bicker about each other most of the time.
Great experience...
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMOctober 1, 2014
Working with students...I have learned patience...work well with my co-workers...the hardest part of the job was leaving...the most enjoyable part of the day was getting to learn more about computer use.
great work environment
Housing and Residence life associates (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMSeptember 22, 2014
: Labor- Sweeps, mops, polishes and performs restorative/interim floor and carpet maintenance in rooms and halls. Dusts and/or polishes furniture, blinds and equipment. Empties trash receptacles and bags trash for proper disposal. Cleans restrooms and fills dispensers. Vacuums, spot cleans rugs, carpets, and furniture. Reports malfunctions of bathroom – more... fixtures, light fixtures and/or damages to the interior of buildings i.e. walls, floors, ceilings, windows, furnishings, doors, locks, bathroom dispensers, graffiti etc. to supervisor. Stocks area with appropriate supplies. Locks and unlocks doors as directed. Initiates work orders for repair/maintenance. Moves furniture, equipment or fixtures as required. – less
Tutored Dona Ana Students
Tutor (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMSeptember 6, 2014
I worked with students from various backgrounds. I really enjoyed helping them with class work in order to further their education.
Great Culture but Low Pay
Vice President Business and Finance (Current Employee), Carlsbad, NMAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: low pay
The work environment couldn't be better, but the pay is as low as it can get.
NMSU has great benefits
Associate Director / Business Manager (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 15, 2014
Pros: break during the christmas season with pay, free tutition
Cons: high insurance rates
A typical day at work is to review all emails to keep track of all that is going on with the Accountants that I supervise. Review and approve
NMSU
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 3, 2014
A typical day in the Marketing Dept. at NMSU can involve many duties including but not limited to survey design and construction, human subject recruiting, survey/experiment proctoring, general office duties,etc.
Productive Workplace
Clinical Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Alamogordo, NMJuly 2, 2014
Cons: no insurance or room for advancement
I first began as an Administrative Assistant then got promoted to Clinical Assistant. I learned a lot in the little time that I worked here. I learned how to run the front office and then became a clinical assistant where I did inventory and get everything set up for lab and I enjoyed working with others. This was a work study job.
Good institution dedicated to study learning.
Instructor (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJune 29, 2014
Pros: high level learning and convenient locations.
Cons: needs more full time faculty.
Administration, staff and faculty alike are dedicated to advance student learning.
Relatively quiet, but productive. Good People
Special Aid (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJune 11, 2014
I would encourage anyone who is a full time student to seriously consider employment at the college they go to. Management is very understanding of scheduling, and lenient so that school never takes the back burner. Generally friendly environment. However, there is not always much to do.
Fun Workplace
Student Aide (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJune 4, 2014
Pros: hours
Good job all the way around from management to co workers, in a typical day you can expect to interact with many people in a relaxed environment. the job is not difficult at all and is enjoyable in the sense of being able to learn how to conduct a multi purpose center.
Loved this job!
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee), las cruces, NMJune 1, 2014
Great people, easy work, and great environment! There is always someone to ask if you have any questions. The management is very lenient and easy to get along with
The Staff is great.
Student Clerical Assistant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMay 22, 2014
Heavy workload but makes the long office hours go by fast. Comfortable work environment.
Great place to study, work and live
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMApril 20, 2014
First of all, it is a good place to study, work and live. Faculty and staff are nice and professional. But courses for graduate level are kind of limited.
Fun work place
Multi-Media Specialist (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMApril 11, 2014
Pros: learn a lot
Cons: bosses like to micromanage
As a student employee, the day to day meant imaging computers, installation of projectors, PCs, speakers, filming regent meetings. I learned a lot about electronics and basic troubleshooting needed for the job. The co-workers are a fun team to work with. The hardest part of the job would be terminating coaxial cables. i enjoyed the building of the teach – more... stations from scratch. – less
Superb work/study balance
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMarch 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: na
See previous NMSU review

See previous

Host review sessions, grade and create exams and assignments.

Assist professors further the teaching mission of the college.
great atmosphere and Hispanic serving college
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMMarch 17, 2014
Great co-workers always willing to lend a hand to the students, staff and faculty. I have enjoyed myself at the college as an employee and student.

1 2 3 4