New Mexico State University

New Mexico State University Employer Reviews

Fun work place
Multi-Media Specialist (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMApril 11, 2014
Pros: learn a lot
Cons: bosses like to micromanage
As a student employee, the day to day meant imaging computers, installation of projectors, PCs, speakers, filming regent meetings. I learned a lot about electronics and basic troubleshooting needed for the job. The co-workers are a fun team to work with. The hardest part of the job would be terminating coaxial cables. i enjoyed the building of the teach – more... stations from scratch. – less
Superb work/study balance
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMarch 27, 2014
Pros: flexible schedules
Cons: na
See previous NMSU review

See previous

Host review sessions, grade and create exams and assignments.

Assist professors further the teaching mission of the college.
great atmosphere and Hispanic serving college
Program Coordinator (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMMarch 17, 2014
Great co-workers always willing to lend a hand to the students, staff and faculty. I have enjoyed myself at the college as an employee and student.
It was a great place to work.
CHINESE TEACHER (Former Employee), Las Cruces NMFebruary 21, 2014
Everything was good, the people were great, the culture was great.
Great place to build a career
Planner (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: plenty of advancement opportunities
Working there for 15 years was the best 15 years of my life.Great people to work with, and a camaraderie unmatched.
I am a student
Full-time Student (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJanuary 28, 2014
Pros: community, knowledge hoarding.
Cons: only get paid twice a year, summers are slow.
School is excellent, but studies can be time consuming. The steady schedule is comforting but the differences from the day to day topics really keep you on your toes.
Multiple great experiences
Communications, Outreach, Project Director, Web (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: many experiences
Cons: little security for staff
New Mexico State University is a great place to work in Las Cruces. Since I was staff, most of my work was grant funded. This had both a pro and a con, as funding changes had me changing positions and learning new roles. The downside of course in that situation is a lack of security.

I worked with students with disabilities, managed events, researched – more... for grants, and worked at the Arrowhead Entrepreneurial Institute in Business Planning – less
Freedom for self starter
Research Technician (Former Employee), Northern New MexicoJanuary 21, 2014
Assisted in construction/installation of water monitoring devices in Northern New Mexico. Facilitated data collection by taking manual flow measurements at research sites. Supervised research students on how to properly maintain equipment.
_
Internship (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMNovember 8, 2013
Good Place to start a career.
Good Working Environment.
People are very well rounded and helpful
Problamatic
Carlsbad, NM as Dual Credit Instructor (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMNovember 6, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: lots of undercurrents
Big issues with the previous management but the new management seems to be doing a little better.
Fun work place, fast place, and high opportunity for growth
Laborer II (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMOctober 12, 2013
Pros: fun place to learn and educate, possibility of growth.
All personnel from co-workers to managers are extremely helpful and fun to work with, opportunity of use the latest technology in the media environment such as high end cameras and lenses.
A good place
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMSeptember 6, 2013
There is good working environment. I enjoyed my life there.
Program and Graduate Assistant
Program Assistant and Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 19, 2013
Promoted my leadership skills and experience to best serve and support student educational needs while providing great learning opportunities.
Wonderful time with great people
Computer Science - Tutor (Former Employee), Alamogordo, NMAugust 12, 2013
My tutoring time was in the morning and between my classes. I was available to other students who needed assistance with class assignments they were not understanding. The hardest part of my tutoring job was around finals and I would get 15 to 20 students at a time. The poeple I would tutor were so appreciative and nice.
Productive, fun, learn new things
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 7, 2013
Managing marine aquarium tanks currently with NMSU has been exciting. I never knew that such a program existed even while I was studying for my degree. There is a comfortable work environment, and with each new individual that arrives, the current people always make you feel as part of the team. Scheduling certain duties can sometimes become difficult, – more... but are quickly remedied. The hardest part of the job is keeping all the equipment running efficiently with the limited amount of resources given. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people I work with. – less
Great place to study
Full Time Student (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 30, 2013
NMSU is a great university to attend to study engineering. Classes are challenging and professors are great. Multiple outlets to help with classes and advising.
N/A
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 22, 2013
Pros: free wine, free food
Cons: long days
♦ Responsible for Class set-up including food preparation, plating and wine pouring for 90+
♦ I also do wine inventory
♦ I supervise volunteers who help with the class
♦ I’m responsible for collecting class fee’s from the students
♦ I do all cleaning of the glassware and utensils used in class
♦ I’ve been a volunteer for the class for 3 ½ years prior – more... to getting the paid Assistant Job – less
Supervisory
Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 18, 2013
Pros: independence
Cons: use of my own car, contractual. not permanent
New Mexico State University is a dynamic place to work. I had my independence and felt I made a difference working with and for new student teachers in the district during their student teaching. My input was valued as I was an experienced teacher with great background training.
Great job for a college student
Event Technician (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 15, 2013
Working the concerts that the NMSU Pan Am Center hires. I've learned great customer service skills. Management is pretty good, I assume it is hard to manage a huge staff. Hardest part of the job is finding enough hours to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to be at all the great shows and also dealing with great customers.
Productive Place for me.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJune 22, 2013
This place is good place for me. I got my Master and Ph.D. degree through this university. My found my senior and junior very cooperative for me.

1 2 3