New Mexico State University Employee Reviews

peaceful place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 12, 2017
Teaching Assistant
Assist professor in different classes related activities such as grading, teaching and tutoring undergraduate students, sanitize food and beverage processing equipment to meet good hygienic practices. Follow established procedures and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures. Ensure the correct chemicals are applied at the proper concentration and contact time to ensure optimal sanitation practices.
Great place for higher education and wonderful place to work for
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 7, 2017
New Mexico State University is a great place to attain higher education and to work for. I have attended and work for this university accomplishing my goals of finishing my undergraduate and masters. I would highly recommend this establishment for education and work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Employee health care
Good place as a career started
System Developer Senior (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 24, 2017
This is a good place to start a career but can be difficult to continue to grow as opportunities are limited. The company needs to make some tough decisions going forward to keep the university going.
Pros
Vacation and support for work life balance
Cons
job advancement opportunities
Productive happy environment to work
ESL Instructor ABE (Former Employee) –  Sunland Park, NMDecember 17, 2016
A regular day to work consisted of being with colleagues that helped you with your lesson plan or gave you ideas to improve any glitches you may have. I learned to not be shy and just be my self in front of a big crowd of people.
Pros
Free copies for prep time and paid
Cons
it was only a part time job
productive. Challenging
Parking officer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 13, 2017
I always had something to do everyday. It was a challenging job but i learned a lot about the university and its surroundings. I liked that our manager would be out working with us and was always their if we had any questions
Cons
short lunch brakes
Flexible part time job for students
AGRICULTURE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 22, 2016
While working at NMSU, you can enjoy the flexibility of being a full time student and still get some hours to work.
It was a good environment to learn from other cultures since you had the experience to be around people from other continents and countries.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
No opportunity to grow
Chemistry research is great
Chemical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 12, 2016
I enjoy the work very much and the research is awesome. The aspect of solving and creating materials to create a pathway towards a goal.
Pros
Chemistry is a fun activity
Cons
takes a lot of time
Fun, New
Pivot Maintenance Trainie (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJuly 21, 2016
Chill work environment if you enjoy being outside all the time. I liked it. I learned a lot about farming techniques, operating farm equipment (such as tractors, ect.), learned how to drive manual for the first time and handling power tools. The hardest part of the job would have to be the heat, some days are nice, but when it's hot the task you are doing becomes a bit of a challenge.
Pros
Outside, Learned a lot
Cons
Hot days
good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 8, 2016
I love this job! My bosses and coworkers are friendly. The building is impressive and you develop a sense of pride going there every morning. Everyone is helpful and the overall environment is welcoming.
Went to school here
3D Graphics Project (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 2, 2016
I didn't work at NMSU, I attended college for my undergraduate degree. Overall, it was good but the CS faculty could have been better and more engaging with the students.
Productive and fun place to work
Student/Work (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 28, 2016
Allowed to me to focus on full time student work and maintain a healthy balance. Allowed to gain a lot of experience and meet a diverse group.
fun workplace
Special Events Operation / Guest Services Staff (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 9, 2016
there was more than a college work, you can meet people, you can get your own schedule, you can have enough time to work and to study
Great employment for full time staff
Welding Instructor (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMJuly 12, 2016
1) Teach students a fun lifestyle trade.
2) Learned how to accommodate individuals with different needs.
3) Great partnership with management.
4) Excellent co-worker interaction.
5) Politics
6) Teaching
Pros
Great accessibility to materials
Undergraduate Student at New Mexico State University
Organic Chemistry Peer Learning Assistant (Former Employee) –  New MexicoJune 13, 2016
I gained valuable skills and experiences as a student at New Mexico State University. I worked several jobs while attending this school. The chemical engineering curriculum prepared me to take on challenging experiences.
New Mexico State University
Branson Library-Student Worker/Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 27, 2016
Being a student worker at NMSU was the perfect opportunity to gain work experience while being to continue my studies. It was a great opportunity to network and meet new people. I'm definitely thankful for the opportunity.
Excellent place to learn and work
Teaching Assistant (Sculpture Technician) (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 10, 2016
The Art Dept. at NMSU is a great place to learn. The masters program is very intense but its faculty is very receptive and helpful.
Pros
friendly and encouraging professors
Fun productive place
Work Study Student (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMMarch 29, 2016
Answer incoming phone calls and direct phone calls as needed.
Assisted students with FAFSA, registration, Administration, computer software systems, and showing them around the campus.
Organized student files for other departments, assisted in paperwork and filing for Admissions, Advising and Financial Aid.
Provided customer service to prospecting and continuing students.
GREAT Place to work!
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 7, 2016
I love NMSU and am very proud to be part of this great university. It has provide the stability and long time career for myself and has been a great supporter of work/life balance.
Graduate Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 28, 2016
It is delightful experience to work as a graduate assistant for the university, the supervisor, coordinators and deans are really cooperative. They always treats me as a team player despite of my position.
Very respectful workplace
Student Aide/Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 27, 2016
Working for New Mexico State University was a great experience it helped become well rounded and get better at giving tours as well as presenting new material.
Pros
Scheduling
Cons
Organization

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Mexico State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3