New Mexico State University

New Mexico State University United States Employee Reviews

Fun place to work in
Grader (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMMarch 25, 2015
Pros: You choose when you can work
Cons: Short breaks
When I work in an event, everyone who works there is really friendly and willing to help. They are always supporting me when I'm in doubt. I attend before, during and after the event,providing assistance for the customer.
Creating positive relationships through the love of horses
Horse Handler/ Side Walker (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMarch 7, 2015
By having the opportunity to work the the NMSU Theraputic Riding Program I have been able to be apart of children's lives through the way of a horse. Horses have been such a big part of my life growing up and through college, that when I was given this opportunity to work with students and horses at the same time there was no question to be asked. During this experience I have been able to work with Children with Disabilities, Children with Autism, and Children who are Hard of Hearing/Deaf and watch them grow through the interactions with a horse. I was able to experience and watch the growth of students who had limited or no moment on certain sides/parts of their body, strengthen those muscles and be able to perform functions independently. I was also able to connect with children that would not interact with people outside of their home and help those students become excited to come and participate during their next lesson.
great university
GRADUATE RESEARCH ASSISTANT (Former Employee), las cruces, nmMarch 4, 2015
Enjoyable work culture. peaceful and pleasant town of las cruces.
professors are very approachable and open for accepting new ideas
Research job at NMSU
Research Assistant (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMMarch 4, 2015
I am a Research Assistant working on a Dept of Energy project for my PhD. This is a temporary job to support my PhD.
The work place is friendly and infrastructure available but since its a temporary job it does not have a long term future.The hardest part of a research job like this is to think innovatively for a meaningful contribution through my PhD to the research community which is also the most enjoyable part as I perform better with challenges.
Wonderful environment
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMFebruary 18, 2015
Surrounded by those who love the craft.A typical day includes a review of class lectures to ensure quality, meeting with students as needed, teaching courses, and researching to ensure quality of courses.

Management is strong, though in constant flux. This seems to be evening out as of recent.
Very out going and provides a weatlh of expereince
COMPUTER OPERATIONS GROUP (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: expereince in the it feild
Cons: difficult schedule
I have very good employers who are considerate about their employees and also care about how well they do in and out of work.
You can learn a lot from here
Research Assistant EUMP (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMFebruary 6, 2015
There are many experienced professors and industrial professionals in the field of power system in energy utility management program in New Mexico State University. You can learn a lot from here with real-world applications and skills.
Great job to have while still in University
Student Assistant in Program Development (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: great schedule, great job, fun, interesting
Cons: low pay
A typical day included creating labs and code for in class and distance education students. Working with the professor to teach classes and to develop new things using VHDL, Assembly, Altera, Java, and working with various AC/DC circuits and building rockets.

The job was steady and worked well with my classes.
Great people and opportunity to learn
Administrative assistant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJanuary 5, 2015
My manager was focused on teaching me skills for my future career. The work was tedious and sometimes boring, but the schedule was great for a student.
A conducive work and study place with a double-screen computers
Research Assistant II (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMDecember 22, 2014
Pros: ambient for studying
Cons: 70 percent health insurance
It is well organized and esteemed University. It is the only land-grant university to be identified by the federal government as a Hispanic-Serving Institution and also a Carnegie Research-Extensive institution. Students are encouraged to undertake their own research projects during the course of their academic career.
poltical
Accountant Associate (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMDecember 8, 2014
Pros: easy to get along
Cons: no advancement
typical day was very different, not everything was the same. each day was different.
hardest part of the job was dealing with customers.
Inbound call center
Customer service (Current Employee), Carlsbad, NMNovember 24, 2014
Assisted callers with their needs weather it be a sales call or customer service. It was a great company to work for however, not my type of environment. The hardest part was people hanging up on me or not making quota.
Great place to work and positive environment
Custodian Sr. (Current Employee), Alamogordo, NMNovember 9, 2014
Pros: going into work early and getting off early during the day
Cons: waking up 3am to go to work
Clean and healthy work environment positive attitudes good attitudes with students and staff
A typical day at work
Administrative Assistant, NMSU (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMOctober 20, 2014
Pros: communitication, team-players, healthy workplace
Our Strengthening Families Initiative office is not only a place of employment, but an office where the atmosphere is friendliness. Working with 10 co-workers for the past 7 years has been a learning experience for me. We work with Family Wellness program, bringing Healthy Marriages and family unification to the families in the community of Las Cruces. I enjoy coming to work everyday, because we strive to improve and promote seff-suffiency in the lives of families. Our work ethic is genuine and we deliver a wonderful curricula in order to improve the family dynamics. We all work together as a team and learn from each other everyday by communicating and putting our best foot forward at all times.
Great educational faculty
Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMOctober 14, 2014
My experience at New Mexico State University was very positive and I was able to expand my knowledge of plant and environmental science quickly.
Decent place to work if it werent for current management.
Cashier (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMOctober 2, 2014
Having to deal with upset cusomers 80% of the time and then when management does not support you, makes it hard. A group of women that argue and bicker about each other most of the time.
Great experience...
Lab Assistant (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMOctober 1, 2014
Working with students...I have learned patience...work well with my co-workers...the hardest part of the job was leaving...the most enjoyable part of the day was getting to learn more about computer use.
great work environment
Housing and Residence life associates (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMSeptember 22, 2014
: Labor- Sweeps, mops, polishes and performs restorative/interim floor and carpet maintenance in rooms and halls. Dusts and/or polishes furniture, blinds and equipment. Empties trash receptacles and bags trash for proper disposal. Cleans restrooms and fills dispensers. Vacuums, spot cleans rugs, carpets, and furniture. Reports malfunctions of bathroom fixtures, light fixtures and/or damages to the interior of buildings i.e. walls, floors, ceilings, windows, furnishings, doors, locks, bathroom dispensers, graffiti etc. to supervisor. Stocks area with appropriate supplies. Locks and unlocks doors as directed. Initiates work orders for repair/maintenance. Moves furniture, equipment or fixtures as required.
Tutored Dona Ana Students
Tutor (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMSeptember 6, 2014
I worked with students from various backgrounds. I really enjoyed helping them with class work in order to further their education.
Great Culture but Low Pay
Vice President Business and Finance (Current Employee), Carlsbad, NMAugust 25, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: low pay
The work environment couldn't be better, but the pay is as low as it can get.

1 2 3 4