New Mexico State University Employee Reviews

Enjoyable works with students
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 24, 2017
Great job environment, works with student schedule and has a great link to the community and advancement in the local area and other universities. Great opportunity to network.
Easy job for a day
Commencement Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 24, 2017
There are various jobs that a person can be assigned, but my job was to guide graduates to there designated lines for entering the Pan Am Center. I learned how to communicate with people who don't speak English fluently. The workplace was pretty laid back. Nothing about the job was hard. The most enjoyable part was that it was just a day long job.
Operations and Video Coordinator
Camp Director and Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 11, 2017
I loved my time working at New Mexico State. I went to two NCAA Tournaments appearances. I worked with some of the best people I've ever come across. I loved it. It was chaotic during the season and laid-back in the offseason.
Pros
Great team chemistry
Cons
No growth
Outstanding University, Great professors
Front end Interface website developer (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 8, 2017
Outstanding University, Was given the opportunity to learn and train on a variety of jobs. Worked well with management.I was a part time employee since I was a student at the time. The job was enjoyable and I worked well with others.
Pros
Very Good Learning University
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 4, 2017
Get to work with many graduate students and professors. There's some field work as well as data compiling and analyzing, so you get to learn a lot. Salary is great.
A strong public university in southern New Mexico
Graduate Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 1, 2017
NMSU's Astronomy department is a strong department with knowledgable faculty who work hard to ensure the success of their students. The program is well structured to give students the skills and knowledge they need for a career in both academia and industry.
Visiting Faculty
Visiting Professor Department of Criminal Justice (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 27, 2017
New Mexico State University criminal justice department is very supportive making sure I had the equipment and all I needed to complete my job. Questions were answered and professional development available.
I was an undergraduate student
Anthropology Student (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 7, 2017
Typical day of being a student, is time management. My days consisted of attending lecture, doing research at the library, writing papers & proposals, studying for four classes a day and keeping up with also being a parent.
Pros
Learning
Cons
No jobs after graduation
Hard working environment with great coworkers
Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 6, 2017
This is a great place to work if you are looking for an academic environment. Superiors are kind and supportive while at the same time expect a lot out of employees. I was pushed past my comfort zone and learned a lot at this position.
Loyalty Works Both Ways
Senior Public Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 4, 2017
Management expects loyalty to NMSU, however employees who have worked for many years at NMSU are not treated as the loyal workers they are, rather they are being cut.

Want to know more about New Mexico State University?

Ask a question
Work Environment
Student Technician (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 26, 2017
I enjoyed the ability to gain valuable work experience from a very prestigious professor and fellow colleagues. I always felt like I fit in with everyone's projects and the overall goal of getting tasks done.
productive. Challenging
Parking officer (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXFebruary 13, 2017
I always had something to do everyday. It was a challenging job but i learned a lot about the university and its surroundings. I liked that our manager would be out working with us and was always their if we had any questions
Cons
short lunch brakes
Great place for higher education and wonderful place to work for
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 7, 2017
New Mexico State University is a great place to attain higher education and to work for. I have attended and work for this university accomplishing my goals of finishing my undergraduate and masters. I would highly recommend this establishment for education and work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Employee health care
Good place as a career started
System Developer Senior (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 24, 2017
This is a good place to start a career but can be difficult to continue to grow as opportunities are limited. The company needs to make some tough decisions going forward to keep the university going.
Pros
Vacation and support for work life balance
Cons
job advancement opportunities
peaceful place to work
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 12, 2017
Teaching Assistant
Assist professor in different classes related activities such as grading, teaching and tutoring undergraduate students, sanitize food and beverage processing equipment to meet good hygienic practices. Follow established procedures and Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures. Ensure the correct chemicals are applied at the proper concentration and contact time to ensure optimal sanitation practices.
Productive happy environment to work
ESL Instructor ABE (Former Employee) –  Sunland Park, NMDecember 17, 2016
A regular day to work consisted of being with colleagues that helped you with your lesson plan or gave you ideas to improve any glitches you may have. I learned to not be shy and just be my self in front of a big crowd of people.
Pros
Free copies for prep time and paid
Cons
it was only a part time job
Chemistry research is great
Chemical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 12, 2016
I enjoy the work very much and the research is awesome. The aspect of solving and creating materials to create a pathway towards a goal.
Pros
Chemistry is a fun activity
Cons
takes a lot of time
good
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 8, 2016
I love this job! My bosses and coworkers are friendly. The building is impressive and you develop a sense of pride going there every morning. Everyone is helpful and the overall environment is welcoming.
Productive and fun place to work
Student/Work (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 28, 2016
Allowed to me to focus on full time student work and maintain a healthy balance. Allowed to gain a lot of experience and meet a diverse group.
fun workplace
Special Events Operation / Guest Services Staff (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMNovember 9, 2016
there was more than a college work, you can meet people, you can get your own schedule, you can have enough time to work and to study

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Mexico State University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3