New Mexico State University Employee Reviews in United States

Why is this required?
Employee (Former Employee) –  TownOctober 20, 2015
Why is this information required to apply for a totally different position? Perhaps a sections should be added explaining why this section is necessary.
corrupt
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las cruces, NMOctober 3, 2015
Huge favoritism for Hispanics women over Caucasians. The University needs a revamp with from the top to bottom. Less diversified and can't hold onto valuable assets. The university has lot of internal politics.
Pros
cheap place to live
Cons
corrupt
Relaxed and Family Oriented
Building Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 17, 2015
Working here was very laid back. I enjoyed the people and the students. Most of the day is spent walking around being visible to answer questions and securing the building at the end of the night. My family was able to come by and see me while at work without interfering with operations.
Flexible work schedules with good people to work with.
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 20, 2015
Work was always enjoyable as I was able to teach students and watch them learn. The schedules were flexible, which is a benefit while I was taking classes at the same time.
Excellent Work and Study Place
Teaching assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 11, 2015
Excellent University, All professors are very nice and help the students progress. Also, students are friendly and are willing to work in groups if necessary
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Fun place to work and learn.
Teaching Assistant (LAB) (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 10, 2015
earining while studying. But the difficult part is to teach labs and prepare for the lab sessions along with your assignments
Fast-paced social services environment.
NM Works Career Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 7, 2015
The NM Works program gave me the opportunity to serve folks who might otherwise not get their basic needs met. Managing a hundred plus people was a challenge, but staying organized was the key to staying ahead of the constant new cases.
Great University
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJuly 6, 2015
The teachers and administrative staff is very helpful and friendly. They always look up for the students and their main goal is to provide the best education possible.
Work
Theater Maintenance and Creator Crew (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 26, 2015
Great place to be and work! there is tons of different things that you can learn while being employed here. I had a very good experience while working here with the art and science department.
Pros
pay
Cons
work
I am a graduate assistant. I love my job. The pay is low for most universities and you have to pay for your tuition which comes out of your salary.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  ChemistryJune 25, 2015
As a graduate assistant, I enjoy the faculty, students and fellow graduate students. The pay is low and you have to pay your own tuition out of your teaching salary.
Pros
Excellent Department Chair
Cons
low pay
Flexible
Jornada Experimental Range (internship) (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 21, 2015
work starts and end each day is quite flexible and a lot of areas to work off campus to get tasks done for the department. was able to work on the experimental range as well as the office that created a lot of excitement in the jobs that I did there.
Pros
diversity in tasks
Cons
was an internship so certain things lacked
Fun to work with chemicals
Undergraduate Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 19, 2015
My main job is to assist a graduate student with her research. I got the chance to check inventory, do samples, create different concentrations of a specific chemical, etc.
University Education
Acct. 451 & Acct. 460 (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces,NMJune 6, 2015
A typical day at work was going in early to work and coming out late. I learned to work harder than my peers, in which became a passion for enjoying being the hardest worker in the accounting field.
Pros
Can perform independently and accurately with minimum supervisor
Cons
Less family time with newborn
Productive and safe place to live and study
Teacher assistant, EE314, Signals and Systems II (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces NMMay 27, 2015
By living and studying at nmsu I learned lot of thing not only in the field of my major but also in different parts of life. I hired by school as being a teacher assistant and that was a great experience. Las Cruces is safe place to live and cost of living is acceptable and suitable for life of studying. I strongly recommend this university.
A good place to work
College Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMay 26, 2015
The work environment is great -- a lot of interesting projects, supportive co-workers and sensible management team. The most enjoy part of the job is learning all aspects of teaching.
This was a true rewarding challenge which was enjoyable.
CAD Drafter (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, New MexicoMay 7, 2015
A typical day would be to review documents and to correct if needed using AutoCAD or Revit. I have learned to convert 2d to 3d format from autoCAD to Revit. The team management at New Mexico State University is excellent. I worked with coworkers in several challenging projects to review and make modifications as needed. The hardest part of this is to make sure that all specification were met at a strict timeline which was completed. The most enjoyable part of this job is seeing come to realization.
Productive and competitive working environment
Director of Player Development (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, New MexicoApril 29, 2015
My day consists of constant communication and organization in a fun athletic environment. I was a student athlete at NMSU and it is a pleasure to for NMSU now.
Great environment to work in
College of Arts and Sciences Dean's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 29, 2015
Great experience working for the place I went to school.The people I worked with were all very friendly and welcoming. A typical day at work for me consisted of completing daily office tasks and assisting the dean with anything he needed to be done.
Best Engineering College
Electronic Engineer (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMApril 23, 2015
They are well equipped with electronic instruments and friendly people to work with. I mostly worked on high voltage designs and amplifiers. The hard part of the job was to build what they exactly needed, even though they don't have a good idea what they want. So I had to interview several peoples in the group to understand what they want and according to their requirements system had been built. Which is a success.
Pros
Good community, knowledgeable people
Fun place to work in
Grader (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMMarch 25, 2015
When I work in an event, everyone who works there is really friendly and willing to help. They are always supporting me when I'm in doubt. I attend before, during and after the event,providing assistance for the customer.
Pros
You choose when you can work
Cons
Short breaks

4.3