New Mexico State University

New Mexico State University Employer Reviews

Problamatic
Carlsbad, NM as Dual Credit Instructor (Former Employee), Carlsbad, NMNovember 6, 2013
Pros: nice people
Cons: lots of undercurrents
Big issues with the previous management but the new management seems to be doing a little better.
Fun work place, fast place, and high opportunity for growth
Laborer II (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMOctober 12, 2013
Pros: fun place to learn and educate, possibility of growth.
All personnel from co-workers to managers are extremely helpful and fun to work with, opportunity of use the latest technology in the media environment such as high end cameras and lenses.
A good place
Research Assistant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMSeptember 6, 2013
There is good working environment. I enjoyed my life there.
Program and Graduate Assistant
Program Assistant and Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 19, 2013
Promoted my leadership skills and experience to best serve and support student educational needs while providing great learning opportunities.
Wonderful time with great people
Computer Science - Tutor (Former Employee), Alamogordo, NMAugust 12, 2013
My tutoring time was in the morning and between my classes. I was available to other students who needed assistance with class assignments they were not understanding. The hardest part of my tutoring job was around finals and I would get 15 to 20 students at a time. The poeple I would tutor were so appreciative and nice.
Productive, fun, learn new things
Laboratory Assistant (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 7, 2013
Managing marine aquarium tanks currently with NMSU has been exciting. I never knew that such a program existed even while I was studying for my degree. There is a comfortable work environment, and with each new individual that arrives, the current people always make you feel as part of the team. Scheduling certain duties can sometimes become difficult, – more... but are quickly remedied. The hardest part of the job is keeping all the equipment running efficiently with the limited amount of resources given. The most enjoyable part of the job are the people I work with. – less
Great place to study
Full Time Student (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 30, 2013
NMSU is a great university to attend to study engineering. Classes are challenging and professors are great. Multiple outlets to help with classes and advising.
N/A
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 22, 2013
Pros: free wine, free food
Cons: long days
♦ Responsible for Class set-up including food preparation, plating and wine pouring for 90+
♦ I also do wine inventory
♦ I supervise volunteers who help with the class
♦ I’m responsible for collecting class fee’s from the students
♦ I do all cleaning of the glassware and utensils used in class
♦ I’ve been a volunteer for the class for 3 ½ years prior – more... to getting the paid Assistant Job – less
Supervisory
Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 18, 2013
Pros: independence
Cons: use of my own car, contractual. not permanent
New Mexico State University is a dynamic place to work. I had my independence and felt I made a difference working with and for new student teachers in the district during their student teaching. My input was valued as I was an experienced teacher with great background training.
Great job for a college student
Event Technician (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 15, 2013
Working the concerts that the NMSU Pan Am Center hires. I've learned great customer service skills. Management is pretty good, I assume it is hard to manage a huge staff. Hardest part of the job is finding enough hours to work. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to be at all the great shows and also dealing with great customers.
Productive Place for me.
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMJune 22, 2013
This place is good place for me. I got my Master and Ph.D. degree through this university. My found my senior and junior very cooperative for me.
Prodctive workplace
Teaching Assistant/ Registered Nurse (Former Employee), New Mexico, USAJune 21, 2013
Productive workplace where diversity and individual talents are respected and accepted.
Interactive work environment that allowed continuous learning
Financial Literacy Coach (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJune 3, 2013
Meeting with my supervisor weekly allowed me self-start every workday as I knew what was expected and tasks that needed to be done. I was then able to manage my time according to tasks.Part of this position was to work alongside another Financial Literacy Coach. Together we made discussed, weighed options, and made decisions.
During this time I learned – more... a substantial amount about financial literacy and its' importance in impacting students' decisions that will effect them in the future.
Although challenging, helping students see that they must begin taking care of their finances early in their lives was rewarding. They could now use tools my team gave them to build financial stability. – less
nmsu
Aid (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMay 14, 2013
Good place for students worker, like myself. Was able to work independently. Tasks were boring but important details involved.
Graduate Research Assistant
Graduate Research Assistant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMApril 24, 2013
The people in the Mechanical Engineering department were great. Unfortunately the department is somewhat underfunded by the university and the research equipment is outdated. The department is also unable to keep good members of the teaching faculty as they are no capable of offering a competitive salary.
Typical Higher Education Career
Multiple Positions (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMApril 22, 2013
Great school, good people. Low pay but that seems to be typical of state school jobs.
Student worker: Fun, Proud Work Environment
University Ambassador (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMApril 8, 2013
Loved getting to work as an ambassador, very helpful when in times of stress, management understands that as a student school is first priority. Pride in the school is shown with advisors being previous graduates. High regards to all that are employed and understanding if advancement sought later.
Good Campus Job
Sports Official (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMarch 13, 2013
If you have thick skin, and can handle stressful situations, then this is the job for you. It was a pretty chill job, but lots of fun as well. The campus environment is something that you will never experience ever again.
The unsung heros were amazing.
Graduate Student Researcher (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMFebruary 14, 2013
There were many opportunities for learning and personal growth.
Diverse cultures