New Mexico State University

New Mexico State University Employer Reviews

Nice Place to Receive A Grad Degree -- Good Pay, Small Campus
Instructor of Rhetoric and Composition & Tutor (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 22, 2012
Pros: small, quiet, inexpensive to live
Cons: can get a bit boring
I enjoyed working at NMSU. Las Cruces, NM is a small town and has a lot of charm. It is a bit quiet for my taste, but I think this could be the ideal situation for someone looking to study hard.
Great work environment
Systems Analyst (Current Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 9, 2012
NMSU is an outstanding university. Working on campus is fun and there are always new challenges to work through.
Master student and TA
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMAugust 7, 2012
Selected to assist students, answer questions, grade homework and proctor exams for students in Statistics for Business and Behavioral Sciences course, Statistical Applications courses.
It was a good teaching opener
Graduate teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Los Cruces, New MexicoJuly 22, 2012
Pros: the oppertunity
Cons: the shortness of time
I enjoyed the teaching of the labs and help sessions. I learned of diversilfication and how to explain math to many.
good learning experience
Undergraduate teaching assistant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJuly 19, 2012
Pros: excellant academic experience
Cons: no pay
This wasn't a job, actually. It was more of an honorary position while I was completing my double major and my bachelor's thesis. I enjoyed assisting the grad student in the freshman biology lab. I got to prepare some lectures and help administer and grade tests.
Educational experience
Work Study (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJune 28, 2012
I enjoyed the experience and training recieved from the welding program
Fun and exciting commuinty
BUYER (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJune 25, 2012
Fun and exciting higher education community, that offers excellent benefits, GREAT vacation structure, and a relaxed atmosphere.
Enjoyed work here
Department Secretary III (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJune 20, 2012
Pros: job security if you work hard.
Cons: long hours at times.
Working here was great. The ability to work in different departments gave me the opportunity to meet people from every part of the U.S. I enjoyed working with students, staff and faculty. The best part of working here was watching students grow into mature adults by the time they graduated. Hard work, but great benefits.
Flexible and Great Department to work for
COMPUTER LAB ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMJune 20, 2012
I worked Graveyard shift mainly but I never encountered a problem with working for this company.

NMSU computing systems and student labs are top notch accommodations to use and monitor.
Mostly professional atmosphere.
Program Facilitator / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMMay 28, 2012
Pros: you can get one class a semester paid for by the university.
Cons: the atmosphere can be very stressful.
We worked under contracts with the government and it was stressful every time they came up for renewal. Employees are expected to know many different areas in the office administration.
Great atmosphere
Workstudy (Current Employee), Alamogordo, NMMay 23, 2012
A typical day at work included helping anywhere from 18-120 students a day. I learned how to be patient with people whom are angry or upset. We also work with disability students, so I learned to work with them as well. The hardest part of the job is keeping up with who seen what student and what students still needed help. I loved being able to help – more... students with different tasks. I really enjoyed when I got positive feedback from the students that I helped. All of my co-workers were very down to Earth and easy to talk to. – less
Knowledge enhancement,good benefits, job security
Groundskeeper II (Former Employee), Alamogordo, NMMay 10, 2012
Pros: free tuition, medical benefits, annual and sick leave, friendly atmosphere
Cons: communicating with management at times, obtaining supplies
I worked at NMSU for approx. 17 years.I expanded my knowledge, had great benefits,met wonderful and interesting people and always knew that I had job security. The most difficulty I had with the job was the physical aspect(I was a groundskeeper) and at times it was very frustrating communicating with management about getting supplies.
Great opportunity for graduate students
Marketing Research Assistant/Graduate Instructor (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMApril 16, 2012
New Mexico State University's School of Business offered many work-study programs for graduate students to utilize their skills and education in various departments. I was assigned to the marketing department, where I gained experience with marketing research, database management and analysis, technical writing, and teaching.
Worked as Activity Coordinator for the Family Resource Center
Activity Coordinator (Former Employee), Las Cruces, NMApril 11, 2012
Pros: workstudy availabilites
Cons: no health care for many positions
Progressive atmosphere and have workstudy compensation. Really enjoyed the time worked for them and gained skills to use throughout my working experiences!
Prodctive workplace
Teaching Assistant/ Registered Nurse (Former Employee), New Mexico, USAJune 21, 2013
Productive workplace where diversity and individual talents are respected and accepted.

New Mexico State University Photos