New Mexico State University Employee Reviews

You can learn a lot from here
Research Assistant EUMP (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMFebruary 6, 2015
There are many experienced professors and industrial professionals in the field of power system in energy utility management program in New Mexico State University. You can learn a lot from here with real-world applications and skills.
Great job to have while still in University
Student Assistant in Program Development (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day included creating labs and code for in class and distance education students. Working with the professor to teach classes and to develop new things using VHDL, Assembly, Altera, Java, and working with various AC/DC circuits and building rockets.

The job was steady and worked well with my classes.
Pros
great schedule, great job, fun, interesting
Cons
low pay
Great people and opportunity to learn
Administrative assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJanuary 5, 2015
My manager was focused on teaching me skills for my future career. The work was tedious and sometimes boring, but the schedule was great for a student.
A conducive work and study place with a double-screen computers
Research Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 22, 2014
It is well organized and esteemed University. It is the only land-grant university to be identified by the federal government as a Hispanic-Serving Institution and also a Carnegie Research-Extensive institution. Students are encouraged to undertake their own research projects during the course of their academic career.
Pros
ambient for studying
Cons
70 percent health insurance
poltical
Accountant Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMDecember 8, 2014
typical day was very different, not everything was the same. each day was different.
hardest part of the job was dealing with customers.
Pros
easy to get along
Cons
no advancement
Inbound call center
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMNovember 24, 2014
Assisted callers with their needs weather it be a sales call or customer service. It was a great company to work for however, not my type of environment. The hardest part was people hanging up on me or not making quota.
Great place to work and positive environment
Custodian Sr. (Current Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMNovember 9, 2014
Clean and healthy work environment positive attitudes good attitudes with students and staff
Pros
going into work early and getting off early during the day
Cons
waking up 3am to go to work
A typical day at work
Administrative Assistant, NMSU (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 20, 2014
Our Strengthening Families Initiative office is not only a place of employment, but an office where the atmosphere is friendliness. Working with 10 co-workers for the past 7 years has been a learning experience for me. We work with Family Wellness program, bringing Healthy Marriages and family unification to the families in the community of Las Cruces. I enjoy coming to work everyday, because we strive to improve and promote seff-suffiency in the lives of families. Our work ethic is genuine and we deliver a wonderful curricula in order to improve the family dynamics. We all work together as a team and learn from each other everyday by communicating and putting our best foot forward at all times.
Pros
communitication, team-players, healthy workplace
Great educational faculty
Graduate Assistant/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 14, 2014
My experience at New Mexico State University was very positive and I was able to expand my knowledge of plant and environmental science quickly.
Decent place to work if it werent for current management.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 2, 2014
Having to deal with upset cusomers 80% of the time and then when management does not support you, makes it hard. A group of women that argue and bicker about each other most of the time.
Great experience...
Lab Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMOctober 1, 2014
Working with students...I have learned patience...work well with my co-workers...the hardest part of the job was leaving...the most enjoyable part of the day was getting to learn more about computer use.
great work environment
Housing and Residence life associates (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 22, 2014
: Labor- Sweeps, mops, polishes and performs restorative/interim floor and carpet maintenance in rooms and halls. Dusts and/or polishes furniture, blinds and equipment. Empties trash receptacles and bags trash for proper disposal. Cleans restrooms and fills dispensers. Vacuums, spot cleans rugs, carpets, and furniture. Reports malfunctions of bathroom fixtures, light fixtures and/or damages to the interior of buildings i.e. walls, floors, ceilings, windows, furnishings, doors, locks, bathroom dispensers, graffiti etc. to supervisor. Stocks area with appropriate supplies. Locks and unlocks doors as directed. Initiates work orders for repair/maintenance. Moves furniture, equipment or fixtures as required.
Tutored Dona Ana Students
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMSeptember 6, 2014
I worked with students from various backgrounds. I really enjoyed helping them with class work in order to further their education.
Great Culture but Low Pay
Vice President Business and Finance (Current Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMAugust 25, 2014
The work environment couldn't be better, but the pay is as low as it can get.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
low pay
NMSU has great benefits
Associate Director / Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 15, 2014
A typical day at work is to review all emails to keep track of all that is going on with the Accountants that I supervise. Review and approve
Pros
break during the christmas season with pay, free tutition
Cons
high insurance rates
Nmsu
Graduate Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMAugust 3, 2014
A typical day in the Marketing Dept. at NMSU can involve many duties including but not limited to survey design and construction, human subject recruiting, survey/experiment proctoring, general office duties,etc.
Productive Workplace
Clinical Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMJuly 2, 2014
I first began as an Administrative Assistant then got promoted to Clinical Assistant. I learned a lot in the little time that I worked here. I learned how to run the front office and then became a clinical assistant where I did inventory and get everything set up for lab and I enjoyed working with others. This was a work study job.
Cons
no insurance or room for advancement
Good institution dedicated to study learning.
Instructor (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 29, 2014
Administration, staff and faculty alike are dedicated to advance student learning.
Pros
high level learning and convenient locations.
Cons
needs more full time faculty.
Relatively quiet, but productive. Good People
Special Aid (Current Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 11, 2014
I would encourage anyone who is a full time student to seriously consider employment at the college they go to. Management is very understanding of scheduling, and lenient so that school never takes the back burner. Generally friendly environment. However, there is not always much to do.
Fun Workplace
Student Aide (Former Employee) –  Las Cruces, NMJune 4, 2014
Good job all the way around from management to co workers, in a typical day you can expect to interact with many people in a relaxed environment. the job is not difficult at all and is enjoyable in the sense of being able to learn how to conduct a multi purpose center.
Pros
hours

4.3