JOB SUMMARY: Provides individual employment management services to participants served by the Academy from enrollment through permanent job placement. Develops relationships and resources in the community to maximize the number and range of permanent employment opportunities available to participants.
1. Manages enrollment process and facilitates orientations for Academy participants.
2. Facilitates participant aptitude and career assessments. Evaluates and reviews assessments, and develops an appropriate individualized career plan with each assigned participant.
3. Provides consistent participant follow-up to support and monitor plan, addressing barriers to employment, modifying and redirecting participant career plan as required.
4. Supports participant transitions between phases of Academy programming from Pathways, Training Class, Practicum to ongoing Job Search.
5. Manages permanent job placement process by assisting participants with job search including individualized job coaching, job search lab time, coordinating access to career outings, job fairs and other hiring events.
6. Develops and manage relationships with community employers to maximize available opportunities for participants.
7. Builds a network of relationships with community resources, schools and training providers to facilitate referrals and linkages to needed services to address employment barriers.
8. Creates and reviews a Completion of Services Plan with each participant at program exit.
9. Represents the agency at various external and community events to market the workforce development training program.
10. Compiles statistical information and reports to track program progress.
11. Maintains participant records, including case notes and other pertinent documentation.
12. Works collaboratively with other departments to ensure a continuum of fully integrated services.
13. Participates in professional seminars or conferences to enhance professional development and job skills.
14. Participates in agency and program staff meetings.
15. Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in the area of human resources, social work, counseling, education or psychology with at least 2-3 years’ professional experience. Experience with Workforce Development programming preferred.
- Knowledge of various social service, educational and community resources.
- Ability to handle multiple projects or assignments concurrently.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and in writing.
- Sound professional judgment and analytical ability, as well as the desire to work in a socially and psychologically pressured environment.
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team approach model.
- Experience Microsoft operating systems and database management systems.
- Valid driver’s license, with safe driving record and valid insurance.
OTHER CONSIDERATIONS: This position requires mature sound professional judgment and problem solving ability, as well as the desire to work in a socially and psychologically challenging environment. Ability to work evenings and weekends, depending on the needs of program.