New Penn Financial

New Penn Financial Employee Reviews

Excellent place to work
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 6, 2016
Great work life balance for a mortgage company. Allows a lot of time off if necessary, while maintaining great benefit programs and excellent compensation.
Pros
Work/life balance, Commissions, Benefits, Culture
Cons
Slow Processing, underwriting isn't always up to date on all state guidelines
Very great place to work
Processor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 28, 2016
Great place to work at. Training was efficient and there is potential for growth very quickly. People are friendly and plenty of overtime is available.
Fast paced with opportunity to learn
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 15, 2016
Overall was a great place for learning and development. Coming into the client services position I knew nothing about the mortgage industry and was promptly given several crash-courses in how a mortgage functions and how the industry operates. Several times a year employees are given mandatory training for ongoing changes within the industry.
Excellent
Senior Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 13, 2016
Responsible for providing efficient, timely, consistent, accurate quality loan decisions on a daily basis. Underwrite loans that adhere to APM Underwriting Policy and Procedures as well as adhere to the investor guidelines, policies and procedures. Additionally, responsible to answer questions and assist with problem solving with underwriting staff, respond to both internal and external QC audit findings in a timely and proficient manner.
Productive, lively, relaxed
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 29, 2015
I would recommend NPF because the atmosphere is great. As long as you do what you are supposed to do, there is minimal micromanagement.
Laid back working environment
Mortgage Loan Auditor (Operations) (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 16, 2015
Great working environment.
Easy to get along with co workers.
Management not so knowledgeable in regards to company products.
Fun atmosphere & a pleasure to work for.
Junior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 17, 2015
My typical day at NPF consisted of working strictly from my email. I called employers for VOEs, pulled tax transcripts, did LDP/GSAs, pull credit reports, and reviewed appraisals.
not bad but be prepared to do things other business don't have Loan Officers doing
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 12, 2015
Learned a lot, things are always changing, and do most of the processing, The procedure as a whole has room for improvement. Operations needs a significant amount help. Target smaller loans and with your time being spent on processing your existing loans its hard to originate.
Pros
work enviroment is pretty good
Cons
its all falls on your shoulders, in a word MORAL
Wholesale account manager
WHOLESALE ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaApril 9, 2015
Developed prospective accounts and manage all business opportunities within a defined sales territory. Sourced new brokers on an ongoing basis and go through approval pro- cess. Maintained sales contact and pipeline. Maintain famil- iarity with regulatory and industry standards.
Productive and Good Compensation
Correspondent Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 27, 2015
Small department but very productive. Only been there for 3 months and have already trained in other positions such as Collateral, Loan Set Up and Jr. processing task. Overall rating is Good so far.
Pros
Medium Size Company
Cons
Health Benefits, Small departments
N/a
Junior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 26, 2015
This company taught me a lot during my time there. I worked along side many professionals who have been part of the mortgage industry for many years.
Productive atmostphere with friendly helpful management team
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 19, 2014
We would answer phones, make calls and consult clients on their mortgage related questions. We would sell new loans and refinance existing ones. The co-workers are friendly and enjoy each others company. The hardest part of the job was when the loan falls through because it is out of your hands. When the client changes their financial situation in the middle of the loan, or opens new accounts, it messes up the ratios.
Lots of Promises
Loan Processor-Mortgage Lending (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2014
For the entire time the i have worked for the company the management has promised an incentive comp plan that still after 18 months has not been implemented. Management has been tasked with growing the sales team but it has been dwindling with poor management and leadership. The amount of files per month has gone from over 25 to 5 per month the past three months. The work environment has been very unsupportive and hostile. Healthcare coverage was cut drastically and the price per pay period went up significantly.
Pros
Office location is central
Growth within this company
Collateral Team Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAOctober 8, 2014
Hi love my job and the people that I work with however the distance is a bit far to travel with inclement weather like the past year we had was very scarey driving to come to work, the mortgage industry does not close @ all. I noticed my dept is always losing managers not sure why. I am looking to explore my self either in mortgage fileld or something esle.
Pros
Their is growth within the company.
Cons
The distance in inclement weather.
d
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Melville, New YorkSeptember 29, 2014
Get leads through lead generated system, take applications.
Great learning opportunity
Regional Business Development Executive (Former Employee) –  Mid-Atlantic Northeast regionMay 6, 2014
Great company
Growth oriented
vision
growing
great leadership
diversified
fun and fast paced
Junior Mortgage Closer (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 5, 2014
Management and co-workers are knowledgeable and willing to help.
Good place to work.
Director of Operation (Former Employee) –  Tampa Fl.April 16, 2014
We created a new division within the company. Working with upper management to get this start up off the ground was agood experience. we all worked as a team to achieve our goal.
Pros
Good bonus structure
Cons
Technology was a little out dated
guaranteed 40 hour workweek or more
Funder (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 30, 2014
small department managed well. everyone is a team player. everyone knows their job and works independently most of the time. month-end is extremely busy and stressful. deadlines are constant but the department runs very well and things get done. computer technology is current.
Pros
health insurance is good and time off is good
Cons
pay is low
Nice place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 12, 2014
My Co-workers were pleasant to work with.
The company is now Retail and no longer Wholesale

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Penn Financial. Our community is ready to answer.