New Penn Financial

New Penn Financial Employee Reviews

not bad but be prepared to do things other business don't have Loan Officers doing
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee), Concord, CAApril 12, 2015
Pros: work enviroment is pretty good
Cons: its all falls on your shoulders, in a word MORAL
Learned a lot, things are always changing, and do most of the processing, The procedure as a whole has room for improvement. Operations needs a significant amount help. Target smaller loans and with your time being spent on processing your existing loans its hard to originate.
WHOLESALE ACCOUNT MANAGER
WHOLESALE ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee), PhiladelphiaApril 9, 2015
Developed prospective accounts and manage all business opportunities within a defined sales territory. Sourced new brokers on an ongoing basis and go through approval pro- cess. Maintained sales contact and pipeline. Maintain famil- iarity with regulatory and industry standards.
Productive and Good Compensation
Correspondent Compliance Auditor (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 27, 2015
Pros: Medium Size Company
Cons: Health Benefits, Small departments
Small department but very productive. Only been there for 3 months and have already trained in other positions such as Collateral, Loan Set Up and Jr. processing task. Overall rating is Good so far.
N/A
Junior Account Manager (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 26, 2015
This company taught me a lot during my time there. I worked along side many professionals who have been part of the mortgage industry for many years.
Productive atmostphere with friendly helpful management team
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 19, 2014
We would answer phones, make calls and consult clients on their mortgage related questions. We would sell new loans and refinance existing ones. The co-workers are friendly and enjoy each others company. The hardest part of the job was when the loan falls through because it is out of your hands. When the client changes their financial situation in the middle of the loan, or opens new accounts, it messes up the ratios.
Lots of Promises
Loan Processor-Mortgage Lending (Current Employee), Austin, TXOctober 11, 2014
Pros: office location is central
For the entire time the i have worked for the company the management has promised an incentive comp plan that still after 18 months has not been implemented. Management has been tasked with growing the sales team but it has been dwindling with poor management and leadership. The amount of files per month has gone from over 25 to 5 per month the past three months. The work environment has been very unsupportive and hostile. Healthcare coverage was cut drastically and the price per pay period went up significantly.
Growth within this company
Collateral Team Clerk (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: their is growth within the company.
Cons: the distance in inclement weather.
Hi love my job and the people that I work with however the distance is a bit far to travel with inclement weather like the past year we had was very scarey driving to come to work, the mortgage industry does not close @ all. I noticed my dept is always losing managers not sure why. I am looking to explore my self either in mortgage fileld or something esle.
d
Loan Officer (Former Employee), Melville, New YorkSeptember 29, 2014
Get leads through lead generated system, take applications.
Great learning opportunity
Regional Business Development Executive (Former Employee), Mid-Atlantic Northeast regionMay 6, 2014
Great company
Growth oriented
vision
growing
great leadership
diversified
fun and fast paced
Junior Mortgage Closer (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 5, 2014
Management and co-workers are knowledgeable and willing to help.
Good place to work.
Director of Operation (Former Employee), Tampa Fl.April 16, 2014
Pros: good bonus structure
Cons: technology was a little out dated
We created a new division within the company. Working with upper management to get this start up off the ground was agood experience. we all worked as a team to achieve our goal.
guaranteed 40 hour workweek or more
Funder (Current Employee), Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 30, 2014
Pros: health insurance is good and time off is good
Cons: pay is low
small department managed well. everyone is a team player. everyone knows their job and works independently most of the time. month-end is extremely busy and stressful. deadlines are constant but the department runs very well and things get done. computer technology is current.
Nice place to work
Underwriter (Former Employee), Irvine, CAMarch 12, 2014
My Co-workers were pleasant to work with.
The company is now Retail and no longer Wholesale
Management was not clear on business practices, otherwise a comfortable working environment
Senior Mortgage Closer (Former Employee), Plymouth Meeting PAFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: lunch is provided when volume increases
Cons: no stability
Duties were passed off to others who were able to handle the responsibility. . C0-workers were nice. Hardest part of the job is no job security.
Best mortgage company in the industry
Sr. Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee), Melville, NYJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: management, pricing, products, commision
Cons: tommy is real loud
Simply the best. The best products, good pricing, direct Fannie/Freddie, consistent marketing, ability to change with the market.
Very demanding position but really enjoy the people I worked with
Sr. Loan Processor II (Former Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 22, 2013
Pros: co-workers
A typical day of work was getting into the office earlier than most to check emails and follow up phone calls. I marked my daily schedule for end of day results I would like to complete. I reviewed, analyzed and prepared loan packages to the underwriter. I learned a great deal about Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac products and other programs offered through New Penn. My co-workers were very nice and really enjoyed the company environment. Management was reachable and always was there for any help that was required. The most enjoyable part of the job was once the loan closed, the clientele that were so happy either to move into a new home or to be on the road of a financial plan be refinancing.

Overall, the job was very demanding but love the attitude and the team leadership the company provided.
Fun place to work but little money
Mortgage Consultant (Former Employee), Columbia, mdOctober 1, 2013
My responsibilities at New Penn Financial include;
• Selling and marketing of New Penn Financial Mortgage Loan products within bank policies and procedures as well as consistent, effective referrals of mortgage clients for other bank services, (Integrated Relationship Management), including the qualifying package of services, and insurance products.
• Executing effective mortgage marketing plans to meet and exceed agreed upon mortgage production goals.
• Maintaining a complete and thorough knowledge of New Penn Financial Strategies, Policies and Procedures, as well as secondary market investor's guidelines utilized by the bank.
• Adhering to and complying fully with any and all New Penn Financial policies and procedures related to internal and external rules and regulations, particularly those established by State and Federal law.
• Providing mortgage clients sound mortgage advice based on a full understanding of client needs as well as New Penn Financial Mortgage products and their benefits.
• Consistently execute New Penn Financials referral process (IRM) by introducing mortgage clients to other bank services for cross sell opportunities.
• Assisting Mortgage Loan Administration with client, attorney, or appraiser document follow-up as determined through quality control or post closing review.
• Qualifying and helping to finance loans for Home purchases as well as home refinance
Great place to work!
Corporate Trainer (Current Employee), Irvine, CASeptember 28, 2013
Really enjoy working here. The people are great. My boss is awesome.

Work is what you make it and the folks here make it fun.
Not the happiest place to be but could be worse
(Not Providing) (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 4, 2013
Pros: most people are great to work with.
Cons: mundane job that you get stuck in for a long time unless you can play the political game and advance
At first, I was enthusiastic about work and saw a promising future. Unfortunately there is a lot of politics which defeats the purpose of hard work. Not rewarding and management overlooks potential candidates for advancement who are overqualified for certain positions.
Fun and laid back work environment.
VA Mortgage Underwriter (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 29, 2013
Pros: working remotely
Cons: healthcare is quite expensive.
No micro-management has made my employment at New Penn a pleasant one. I have learned to underwrite conforming wholesale files when in the past my experience has been retail files for the most part. the management staff is great, always willing to lend a hand when needed. Since I work remotely, my interaction with co workers is limited but great when we do need to meet up for one reason or another. The hardest part of my job right now is the lack of work. I have no complaints about the comany I work for. the most enjoyable part of my job is the ability to manage your day around your schedule.
Headquarters