New Penn Financial Employee Reviews

Dificult to adjust to Wholesale Lending philosophy
Mortgage Loan Underwriter (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 21, 2017
After being employed for just 1 month, the manager that hired me left the company. For some reason, the person that was promoted to that new managerial position, did not like anything about my underwriting.

This underwriter will be honest and state that for the first time in her professional career, I was not able to get along with this person and therefore it was best we parted ways as early as possible.
They don't pay their people
WHOLESALE ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 15, 2017
To sum it up, I was a top 5 Account Executive in the company and set to go to presidents club and my income was still less than $100k. Comparable companies would have doubled your income if producing at that level.
Pros
Work/Life balance as I worked from home
Cons
Compensation
Mortgage originations
no comment (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 29, 2017
Its not the worst place to work, but not the best either. Mortgage origination is unstable and they are not immune to that fact. If you like mortgage originations, go for it!
Enthusiastic
Summer Paid Internship (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAFebruary 8, 2017
All of the people there were so kind and they didn't cut me any slack for being the youngest there. They treated me like an adult and I seemed to fit right in. I learned many things about real world experiences.
Review Summay
Processor (Current Employee) –  Tigard, ORJanuary 23, 2017
Operation environment driven and guided by sales and expense. Management lacks interpersonal skills. PTO is used for all types of appointments. It's a job. The environment is not tight nit.
Pros
Work Independently
Great!
Vice President Credit/Underwriting (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PADecember 1, 2016
Great experience and good people! I would recommend this employer to others. Strong financial organization with strong management.
Excellent place to work
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 6, 2016
Great work life balance for a mortgage company. Allows a lot of time off if necessary, while maintaining great benefit programs and excellent compensation.
Pros
Work/life balance, Commissions, Benefits, Culture
Cons
Slow Processing, underwriting isn't always up to date on all state guidelines
Very great place to work
Processor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAAugust 28, 2016
Great place to work at. Training was efficient and there is potential for growth very quickly. People are friendly and plenty of overtime is available.
Fast paced with opportunity to learn
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMay 15, 2016
Overall was a great place for learning and development. Coming into the client services position I knew nothing about the mortgage industry and was promptly given several crash-courses in how a mortgage functions and how the industry operates. Several times a year employees are given mandatory training for ongoing changes within the industry.
Excellent
Senior Loan Consultant (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 13, 2016
Responsible for providing efficient, timely, consistent, accurate quality loan decisions on a daily basis. Underwrite loans that adhere to APM Underwriting Policy and Procedures as well as adhere to the investor guidelines, policies and procedures. Additionally, responsible to answer questions and assist with problem solving with underwriting staff, respond to both internal and external QC audit findings in a timely and proficient manner.
Productive, lively, relaxed
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 29, 2015
I would recommend NPF because the atmosphere is great. As long as you do what you are supposed to do, there is minimal micromanagement.
Laid back working environment
Mortgage Loan Auditor (Operations) (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PANovember 16, 2015
Great working environment.
Easy to get along with co workers.
Management not so knowledgeable in regards to company products.
Fun atmosphere & a pleasure to work for.
Junior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAJune 17, 2015
My typical day at NPF consisted of working strictly from my email. I called employers for VOEs, pulled tax transcripts, did LDP/GSAs, pull credit reports, and reviewed appraisals.
not bad but be prepared to do things other business don't have Loan Officers doing
Mortgage Consultant (Current Employee) –  Concord, CAApril 12, 2015
Learned a lot, things are always changing, and do most of the processing, The procedure as a whole has room for improvement. Operations needs a significant amount help. Target smaller loans and with your time being spent on processing your existing loans its hard to originate.
Pros
work enviroment is pretty good
Cons
its all falls on your shoulders, in a word MORAL
Wholesale account manager
WHOLESALE ACCOUNT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  PhiladelphiaApril 9, 2015
Developed prospective accounts and manage all business opportunities within a defined sales territory. Sourced new brokers on an ongoing basis and go through approval pro- cess. Maintained sales contact and pipeline. Maintain famil- iarity with regulatory and industry standards.
Productive and Good Compensation
Correspondent Compliance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 27, 2015
Small department but very productive. Only been there for 3 months and have already trained in other positions such as Collateral, Loan Set Up and Jr. processing task. Overall rating is Good so far.
Pros
Medium Size Company
Cons
Health Benefits, Small departments
N/a
Junior Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAMarch 26, 2015
This company taught me a lot during my time there. I worked along side many professionals who have been part of the mortgage industry for many years.
Productive atmostphere with friendly helpful management team
Senior Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 19, 2014
We would answer phones, make calls and consult clients on their mortgage related questions. We would sell new loans and refinance existing ones. The co-workers are friendly and enjoy each others company. The hardest part of the job was when the loan falls through because it is out of your hands. When the client changes their financial situation in the middle of the loan, or opens new accounts, it messes up the ratios.
Lots of Promises
Loan Processor-Mortgage Lending (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2014
For the entire time the i have worked for the company the management has promised an incentive comp plan that still after 18 months has not been implemented. Management has been tasked with growing the sales team but it has been dwindling with poor management and leadership. The amount of files per month has gone from over 25 to 5 per month the past three months. The work environment has been very unsupportive and hostile. Healthcare coverage was cut drastically and the price per pay period went up significantly.
Pros
Office location is central
Growth within this company
Collateral Team Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plymouth Meeting, PAOctober 8, 2014
Hi love my job and the people that I work with however the distance is a bit far to travel with inclement weather like the past year we had was very scarey driving to come to work, the mortgage industry does not close @ all. I noticed my dept is always losing managers not sure why. I am looking to explore my self either in mortgage fileld or something esle.
Pros
Their is growth within the company.
Cons
The distance in inclement weather.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Penn Financial. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9