New River Community College Employee Reviews

hometown college
Adjunct Faculty (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAAugust 11, 2017
worked here 28 plus years, great community hospital, great healthcare great benefits takes care of their employees great work environment--healthcare can be demanding and you have to be ready for what rolls in the door
Excellent learing Institution
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAJuly 19, 2017
As an Adjunct Instructor, I did not receive benefits. I enjoyed the interaction with the students and am proud of the friendships and connections that I made at NRCC.
Highly relevant
NRCC Work Study (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VAJune 7, 2017
There are many work study positions available at NRCC. Usually, you'll be involved in one within your field of study, so basically everything you do is useful.
Great place to work.
ITV Specialist/Academic Tutor (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAApril 13, 2017
Great place to work makes you feel like family. Very friendly work environment. Never felt like I didn't belong or was not important. Great community to work for.
NRCC is a excellent organization leveraging intentional engagement with students.
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAMarch 29, 2017
Working at NRCC was one of the best experiences I could have ever had. I gained knowledge and skills beyond measure. I enjoyed working with students and parents, to ensure they received the highest level of service possible.
I enjoyed working with my co-workers
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dublin, VAJanuary 23, 2017
Typical day at work for me would be very relaxing and calm.
I learned where to find the books by their numbers on the side.
I managed a lot of my time for work and school.
The hardest part of the job would be telling a customer that they can't check out any books or log on because of their lack of interest to turn books in on time.
I really enjoyed meeting new people and interacting with my workers.
Pros
good studytime
Cons
getting up and down a lot
Great Expectations Coach
Great Expectations Coach, OTP (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAAugust 20, 2016
As a Great Expectations Coach, I provided transitional services, academic and independent living services and skills to students who were (previously or currently) in foster care.

This special populations group faced immeasurable challenges to succeed in education and in achieving success.

I was solely responsible for managing the program, including client services on campus, at local high schools and in other locations, documentation, budget and travel.

My team of co-workers at NRCC were supportive and welcomed collaboration.

The most difficult part of this position was know I could not help everyone.

Enjoying the successes and achievement of credentials with my students was the most enjoyable aspect of this position.
Activities Counselor (Current Employee) –  Dublin, VAJune 19, 2015
NRCC is a great place to work. The people working there treat one another with respect and kindness. The students are most often very enthusiastic, intelligent, wonderful to work with and are very kind, curious, and well mannered.
Pros
Respect, academic freedom.
Cons
Work many hours in evenings, weekends, sometimes.
Part time work, as an instrumentation workstudy
Workstudy (Current Employee) –  Dublin, VAApril 7, 2015
A decent job, but ultimately temporary. Good experience, and happy with the opportunity for learning as an instrumentation and control automation technician. Responsible for maintaining lab equipment, helping troubleshoot systems. Assist, and supervise students on lab assignments. Good co-workers. The hardest part of the job would be balancing work, and school. Finding time for both is a constant challenge, but manageable. I most enjoy being able to help other learn, and understand. As well as learning myself.
Pros
Experience in my field of study.
Cons
Low hours, no benefits
Learned to work with various types of people.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAJuly 29, 2013
Typical work at NRCC involved data entry for the Adult Education Program. This involved confidential record keeping of students throughout the New River Valley.

I was able to learn how to interact with students on a daily basis as well as working for three different supervisors, all of whom were supportive and encouraging.
Pros
Excellent communication
Cons
Part time status
Awesome staff and great place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Dublin, VAJuly 11, 2012
New River Community College is a great place to work and the New River Valley is a beautiful place to live.
Fun work enviroment use of internet during free time
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVMay 31, 2012
Walking around building make sure was in order, great supervisor, cool co-workers easy to get along with. Hardest part of day getting up earlier but always did it. Best part of day free lunch on certain days