New Seasons Market Employee Reviews

Nice place to work
Cashier/Beer and wine clerk (Former Employee), HillsboroJuly 23, 2015
This company was there for my family when we needed family time. Co workers where great for the most part. Many I still consider friends. I would LOVE to work for New Seasons again. If I could have moved them with us when we moved I would have. Still hopeful for them to open a store locally.
Great worker,
Courtesy/Cashier (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 22, 2015
Great worker, She gets the job done. She is great at helping customers in any way needed always with a smile. She is very outgoing and friendly. She is very reliable and responsible. She stays in communication and dealing with any issue that arises. We have enjoyed having her on our team immensely!!
Working for new seasons
Perishable Goods Clerk (Former Employee), Hillsboro, ORMay 8, 2015
A lot of hard work was required but the benefits where well worth the reward of getting the benefits of the experience of a small business and the cutler of natural organic goods.
Overworked and stressed out
Produce Clerk (Current Employee), Portland, ORMay 5, 2015
Pros: benefits package and some coworkres
Cons: overworked, taken advantage of, stressed out, miserably unhappy workplace
A typical work day is exhausting! We don't have enough help and we are being overworked and taken advantage of on a daily basis. What I've learned is that once a company goes corporate all the great things – more... about a job fade and you are not able to trust anyone in upper management. I do love the majority of my co workers although so many have left out of the same frustrations that I have. The hardest part of the job is the fact the we are an extremely busy grocery store and as they cut jobs and do not replace those positions we are constantly over worked to the point of exhaustion and high stress levels. It is not healthy. The best part of the job are the customers. Especially the kids and the seniors who always help put a smile on my face no matter how overwhelmed I might be. It has made me realize that I must move on and find a more fulfilling career and that for me at this point is working with the elderly...I have always had a soft spot for them since I was a little girl. And after having held my Grandmothers hand while she passed away in Hospice and seeing how amazing the people are that took care of her I have a interest in helping others just like the people did with my Grandmother. My Mother was also there holding her while she passed and now volunteers at Hospice and loves being there. We are a family with big hearts and that's where I would rather spend my days versus unhappy and stressed out at the grocery store. – less
Diverse and forward thinking, always putting the customer first.
Store Floater and Cashier (Former Employee), Portland, ORApril 5, 2015
Pros: Innovative ideas towards employment, and customer care. Fun environment, with a wonderful collection of friends and memories that I take away from it.
Cons: Growing through growth, and a change in some philosophy. A little muddy in what the company goal is.
Working for New Seasons Market was a blast. The company was built on the premise of customer service to maximize the shopping experience. Their philosophy beyond local and sustainable was if a good work – more... environment was created, the employees would be better enabled to offer the best customer service experience for those shopping with us.

I worked as a store floater with the company. This was a position that worked each department depending on staffing and/or how busy a particular department was. Meaning, if a department had employees out because of sickness or vacation I would work there to cover for them. Also, if there was a major rush like a lunch rush at the deli department, I could move over there to offer additional coverage. My duty was customer service first, then to aid the department as they needed.

With the challenge of working all the departments I've gained numerous skills, as a cashier, meat clerk, produce clerk, etc. All the departments had different skill sets that needed to be learned and I loved this. Each day was a learning experience, but I loved having the skill set to assist any of my customers or co-workers at any time, any place.

Challenging was setting co-workers' expectations in that you had to be well organized to meet the needs of the department you were assigned to. Prioritization was important in figuring out which areas were needed coverage first. You couldn't always make everyone happy, but just do the best job possible. I would have to say this really grew my communication in a solid manner. Also, being creative in coverage at times, since there was only so much I could do.

In that, management was great. When the position first started they didn't know the best way to apply it. It was originally intended to be a customer service focus only. Allowing the department employees to take care of the department and customers as needed. As we went along they were receptive in feedback that the position could grow, as I learned each department more and more thoroughly. At the end of my employment with New Seasons, I was taking care of the customers, helping with production, even assisting at times with opening and closing departments for the day based on need. – less
A Community Active Company
Prep Cook/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Vancouver, WAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: indepth product learning, cheeses and wines
Cons: wish seasonal people would get hired on full time
Great Management,Training Offers,BENEFITS, Just everything From The People And The Product Itself Learning The New Alternative to health eating and living.
One of the best jobs I have ever had.
Courtesy Clerk (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 23, 2015
Pros: amazing employee benefits, great management, amazing coworkers, reasonable payment
Cons: semi-short lunch break, sometimes under-staffed, sometimes got too busy it made some task really difficult
New Seasons has got to be one of the best jobs I will have ever had in my life time. Most days were hard working, but yet very fun and with nice customers most of the time. My co-workers were very understanding, – more... friendly, and always supported and participated in team work. Such as putting carts away, cleaning up a spill and especially closing tasks. My managers had to be some of the best I have ever met. They took the time to listen to anything I had to say, friendly, cared about if we were trained properly, understood majority of anything I said and even tried to help cope any problems. The most enjoyable part of the whole job would honestly have to be, my co-workers. Just all the team work involved, and as well communication is something I will always love in a job. As for the most hardest part of the job at first was me being social. But thankfully everyone I knew there helped me over come that. Soon after I would say the most hardest thing is to keep up with very task schedules and, masking sure everything was done in time as well in a professional quality. This was especially difficult when we were under-staff. Probably the hugest thing I learned from this job was to be more social. I have always been really shy until this job. Just getting to talk to my co-workers at first to have that develop into interacting with customers is a huge accomplishment. – less
Good place...
Retail Strategy, Customer Insights, and Pricing (Current Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 3, 2015
Culture is important at NSM. It's a good palce to work and learn about the industyr at a local level. Great efforts to bring local, home.
the people are great
Assistant Cheese Manager (Current Employee), Portland, Or.November 12, 2014
New Seasons Market is a great place to work. Good benefits and opportunities.
Great Benefits and Employees. Fun and productive.
Cashier (Former Employee), Hillsboro, OROctober 19, 2014
Pros: free food, household items, health and beauty, excellent benefits, work/ life balance
Cons: corporate sell out, unstable management model
Supportive and positive work days. Fun and hard working employees and management. Customers are mostly wonderful. Hardest part is complying with attendance policies and company wide changes that customers are not happy with.
Job experiencing
Seasonal Grocery Clerk (Former Employee), Portland, ORJune 11, 2014
Pros: no breaks
Cons: no breaks
It was only Volunteering work, I had to put away frozen foods and learn to put them in order
new seasons
produce (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORMarch 13, 2014
fantastic company to work for. Management is the best and coworkers are the best people to work with that I have ever worked with
Great Place To Work!
Staff Coordinator (Current Employee), Portland, ORMarch 13, 2014
I have been at New Seasons Market for two years and have enjoyed every minute of it. I have had great managers and a wonderful work experience.
Central Kitchen Dishwasher-Sanitation
Central Kitchen Dishwasher-Sanitation (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 1, 2014
Your duties are not limited to the kitchen, and you will be cleaning every single thing they can think of... Pass on these open ended job duties...
Friendly place to work with a wonderful sense of community
Produce Clerk (Former Employee), Portland, ORJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: fabulous humans
Cons: upper managements lack of involvement and exclusionary tactics.
Wonderful co workers that kept the work atmosphere enjoyable and entertaining.
Hardest part of the job would have to be the repetitive motion involved in almost any position.
Most enjoyable part of the job would have to be the amount of local, organic, and high quality foods and goods sold.
Great market and amazing people but with no room for growth.
Deli Service Clerk (Current Employee), Progress Ridge, OregonNovember 20, 2013
Pros: culture, location and security
Cons: pay, hours and unfulfilling
New Seasons Market is a very successful company around Portland. The store is very modern, classy and spacious. I enjoy my job as a Deli Service Clerk and the people I work with. The company provides benefits – more... to anyone working over twenty hours per week and also gives ten percent of its annual profits back to employees. New Seasons is a great company but lacks the potential for upward mobility. The job does not match my skill set and I am eager to put those skills to work. That is why I am seeking change. I want to go from a job to a career. – less
Company is growing a bit too fast
Food Service (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: always free food to take home/discount
Cons: not appreciated unless you're management
Worked there briefly, not what I thought it was going to be. We worked as a team as is expected, but no one seems to acknowledge the hard work you do. Management is always doing reports/online, not a ton of supervision, only when a mistake is made, or the store is busy....Very disappointed how things worked out, promises were
made and not kept.
productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Pastry Clerk (Former Employee), Beaverton, ORJuly 29, 2013
Pros: job, co-workers, discount, benefits, everything
This is the best place to work hands down. It is fun, and you get stuff done at the same time. There is always an opportunity to move up and grow with the company and the company is always growing.
Amazing earth values and truly the friendliest place I have ever worked.
Deli Clerk (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAJune 26, 2013
Pros: steady hours and awsome health care benefits
Cons: lower pay and slow to give raises
I have learned how to conserve resources, treat every customer the same but tailor how I help them around what they actually need and want from our company. I have learned the value of working with a staff that is there to back you up and be there for you through anything, work or life related.
Place that will help their emplyees!
Coustumer service . (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 1, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: schedule conflicts with my new carrer!
Was a great place to work untill I have to decide to get into the dental field! For which i went to school! Graduatiing as a dental asst and Dental Lab. Tec. Otherwise i will stay there!