New Seasons Market Employee Reviews

It's changed for the worse.
Deli (Current Employee) –  PortlandAugust 9, 2017
The company used to be great to work for. It had great ethics and morals. Now things are just spiraling down. People getting fired over small things or mistakes when said people had contributed so much to the company and because they believed in those morals. We were swindeled so to speak. Profit share is a joke now. Benefits are disappearing. 'Corporate' style is taking over and the employees are the ones taking the hit as well as customers.
Pros
Blue slip(free product that's close to expiration.)
Cons
Alot.
great company
Produce Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 8, 2017
This a great company to work for with lots of growth opportunities. If you like working with great food, great people, and in a diverse work environment this is a the place for you.
Manager singled employees out during meetings.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 16, 2017
A typical day was full of stress due to the fact that you had separate expectations from various sources (multiple managers, employees, etc.). These expectations were extremely unrealistic and made the job very stressful and seemingly impossible. When i was doing something wrong it would be silently noted by my manager and only brought up in our group meetings where i would be singled out along with my coworkers.
Pros
Good Pay, Several good employees, wonderful benefits
Cons
Poor management, unrealistic expectations, multiple expectations.
New seasons used to be a great company to work for until new CEO and investors took over a while back
Cheesemonger (Current Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORJuly 10, 2017
I love working cheese however it definitely not the same company I started with. Things keep changing and not for the better. The work load keeps growing without compensation, benefits keep disappearing every year, lifestyle scheduling and full time is becoming nonexistent, customer service is a downward spiral and it's harder to move up especially with the new store structure they are planning. New seasons used to live by "take care of our employees and they will take care of our customers" however they have proven they do not feel this way anymore.
Pros
Blue slip
Cons
Money/sales driven, small raises, hard to advance, no care about customer's requests, consistantly changing products
Great Company!
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJuly 4, 2017
Great company with a compassionate culture. The benefits are great. I love working with such a diverse culture and meeting new interesting people. I love New Seasons.
Hard Work
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 14, 2017
A lot of work every day, wish they paid better considering there is so much work every day. They do offer raises annually after review of your performance.
Great Coworkers
Baker (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 7, 2017
If you are interested in the New Seasons Market culture DO NOT WORK AT CENTRAL KITCHEN. It is a giant warehouse where you will basically be a living robot.
busy store, love my customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMay 28, 2017
My store was so busy, we had to stay on our toes. We had to know produce codes, and load and pack the bags while retaining a conversation with customers with a smile on your face at the same time. Very easy job but how busy it becomes, it makes the job go by faster.
Pros
the pay was great!
Cons
no parking
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORApril 25, 2017
Courtesy Clerk: where I bagged groceries, brought in carts from outside, cleaned deli seating area, counted bottle returns, cleaned the store at closing and helped people out to their cars. I received a promotion from courtesy clerked to cashier, where I scan groceries and transactions.
Great culture
Price File Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORApril 16, 2017
I have enjoyed working for this company. The amount of years I have been employed there is proof of that. They offer good benefits to their employees.
Enjoyable, Opportunity, a company with a vision
Grocery Manager (Former Employee) –  University Park, Portland, OregonApril 9, 2017
I Have workd for New Seasons Market for 6 years before I took a personal leave. All I gotta say is that I wish I woulda never left, great company...(drop mic) :)
Fun
Housekeeping/prepared foods (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 28, 2017
A good job
Work was always fun working with different people. I learned a lot of stuff like building a bale, how to cut different kinds of meat , it was an experience well learned. The team of management was excellent they were always helpful. I worked with a a lot of different people coming from many different background
great company
Meat/ Seafood Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mercer Island, WAMarch 26, 2017
THe most enjoyable part about my job is interacting with my customers. since New Sesons is located on a island, it's very small. I know my customers extremely well. When I see my regular customers, it makes my day.

Another cool thing about working in the grocery store is free food from time to time.
Pros
free food sometimes
Cons
short breaks and not exactly 40 hrs a week
Best local grocery store hands down!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORMarch 14, 2017
Incredible place to work that is a huge contributor to the community and takes great care of its employees. This employer is growing and expanding for all the right reasons.
benefits
A reputable company where my fellow staff members enrich the experience.
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 11, 2017
New Seasons has been a positive and fun place to work for the last 7+ years. Our customer Service expectations drive a strong and dedicated customer base, while the dynamic and colorful staff make it unique and up-beat. I have worn a lot of hats in my time with the company as there so many different roles within each store, having a dynamic skill set means getting to mix up your workload every so often when new challenges or opportunities arise.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Repetitive
A productive and lively workplace with a team of experienced coworkers.
Deli Clerk/Barista (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORFebruary 6, 2017
I worked as a deli clerk and a barista. I prepared food, provided customer service, made customers sandwiches and drinks. I learned how to work in a kitchen. I also learned how to work well in teams the most in this job. The management was fabulous.
The hardest part of the job was learning all new kinds of positions in the department.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team and being able to meet new people everyday.
Pros
10% discount on groceries, full benefits
Cons
No cons.
Good Place.
Front End Lead (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 24, 2017
It is a good company to work for but heading in the wrong direction. Not a lot of opportunity for advancement but certainly opportunities for lateral movement. Company still has good values but is taking on that 'corporate' feel with management hiring externally..starting to lose focus of some of those values that made the company great for so long.
it was a great place
Meat Cutter/Butcher (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORJanuary 17, 2017
It was a GREAT place to work! till the owner sold his business to corp
then we start to lost our life balance change my day off i had for 7 years change to split days off could not have that because my wife work and i need to be home taking care of my kids
Supportive work environment with a great team
Cook (Former Employee) –  Happy Valley, ORJanuary 11, 2017
The people I worked with, management and co-workers included, have been the best colleagues I've ever had. Everybody is extremely supportive. Tasks are delegated in a very efficient manner and communication is very clear. Staff is friendly but professional.
Pros
benefits, discounts
Cons
no free lunch
Overall a good place to work
Meat Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORJanuary 3, 2017
Many of the employees there are good, easy to work with people. Management varies between departments and stores, some being better than other. Some of the customers there can be difficult, but most are pretty enjoyable to interact with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New Seasons Market. Our community is ready to answer.