NewWaveOne is a young, innovative, and dynamic nonprofit initiative. Our mission is to provide world-class career education, employment resources, and networking opportunities for college students who happen to have disabilities, and empower them to unleash their abilities and achieve their aspirations.
Are you ready to make an impact?
- Position: Research Assistant
- Salary: Volunteer (However, we can provide excellent reference and excellent connections)
- Location: Work remotely (New York City, Los Angeles, Washington DC)
- Duration: Spring (April-June) or Summer (June-August)
- Time Commitment: Flexible but ideally minimum 2 hours/week for Spring volunteers
Summary and Responsibilities:
NewWaveOne is set to launch in fall 2013. As we prepare for our launch, we are seeking a self-motivated and highly-organized Research Assistant. Working closely with our team and working closely with people with disabilities, you will:
- Conduct Internet research and compile information as requested by senior team
- Generate summary reports and brief senior team on findings
- Assist in the creation of PowerPoint presentations
- Previous volunteering and community service experience a MUST
- Interest in working with students with disabilities a MUST
- Applicants who do not meet the above 2 requirements will NOT be considered
- Either hold or studying towards a degree in a related field, such as education, human resource management, organizational behavior, rehabilitation counseling, social work, etc.
- Self-motivated and attention to details
- Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills to develop Internet research strategy
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Note: Only resume is needed. Include cover letter only if you wish to highlight volunteering experience or disability knowledge
Are you ready to make a difference? Apply for the position today!