NEW WORLD VAN LINES Employee Reviews

Not a good work environment
Driver/Mover (Current Employee) –  Groveport, OHOctober 26, 2017
No advancement if you don't drive a tractor they don't care about you been here over 10 years and still at 16 a hour other people can affect your pay and numbers
Racism and poor management
Mover (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 19, 2017
Management is very poor a lot of racism from the manager and if u ain't he's friend you're screwed because you ain't getting no work or hours he only cares about he's boys that's it.
Pros
Ok pay for pay plan
Cons
Manager sucks
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 9, 2017
I enjoy working for New World Van lines, and would recommend it to anyone interested in this line of work. *******************************************
no family time or ever being home
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAMay 12, 2017
The pay for this job is amazing but the time you have to invest to get it takes away from you ever having a steady life or ever having any type of real realationship.
No room for advancement and poor pay
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOApril 7, 2017
Office Manager would be a good job with proper training, and better pay. Be prepared to bring home less than $450 a week. The men bicker a lot too. There is a lot of tattling and adults acting like kids. Also, beware of the older lady in the office! She can be very rude and will throw you under the bus every chance she gets. There is also a lot of interoffice bickering.
Pros
OM is very nice
Cons
Summer is hectic and winter is boring and you might get sent home early.
Good coworkers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 3, 2017
Good thing about NW is the people you work with are awesome. That's it. Management knows nothing and they hover over you especially the Innovation Officer. He's a joke.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Management knows nothing at all
great place to earn money
professional relocation specialist (Former Employee) –  Groveport, OHFebruary 24, 2017
New world is a very respectable company looking to put you in a position to max your earning potential. life on the road is tough and the daily activities are demanding. My experience with new world is one I wont forget and carry with me in every career I might hold.
Pros
travel, hotels, money
Cons
you are responsible for your earnings. work hard earn more.
Summer Help
Summer Helper (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJJanuary 24, 2017
A good place to work, hard work but decent pay and a friendly group of people to work with. Sometimes it can be a bit hectic but usually it's calm and you can do things at a comfortable pace.
Cons
Long days if you're out of the warehouse
my time
RELOCATION SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 21, 2017
I enjoyed my time there. The management was not the best but as a whole the company ran very well. over all it is a good company to work for.
Impossible scheduling
Relocation Specialist- Class A driver/ Lead Mover (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GADecember 29, 2016
Old broke down equipment, 120 hour work weeks, unwillingness to help you complete jobs in time given. Complete disregard to safety, labor laws, and hours of service regulations. Continuous confusion and run around about pay and bonuses. Theft of bonuses. Good luck with reimbursements. NO employee value or worth.
customer service
Payroll Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2016
new world van lines is a great place to work. great environment and best employess. you are process between 30-100 drivers a day. making sure they pay checks are correct, hours are in, anything incomplete , mileage , and making sure drivers are taking care of. great people to be around, very enjoyable.
Best manager ever
Active Warehouse Manager / Lead Driver (Current Employee) –  Sumner, WADecember 3, 2016
Best manager i ever had great people work with very hard work constant work never a dull moment would work there again. Owner is inexperienced when it comes to moving industry basically he wouldnt be able to keep up with us and wed have to send him home.
this job was easy money
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCOctober 13, 2016
I liked this job the work was easy and we got paid every Friday
the hours on the other hand were long somedays and other days if we were slow you got sent home.

I worked with a great group of guys I had a lot of fun at this job
Paying as slaves
Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAJune 10, 2016
After working for this company for a month I deside to quit afte treatment like a slave and being paid pennies.
They cheat the customers adding more weight to their jobs
That's the reason they have their own scale at the warehouse to play with the weight and i have pictures to proof if anyone needed
One of the best companies to work for.
CDL B Driver (Former Employee) –  JerseyJune 5, 2016
I have been working in moving industry for over 10 years. I worked as a helper/ straight truck driver for five different companies. I joined NWVL back in '09, and I should admit that this company is the best to work for. Compared to other moving companies, they offer more or less steady employment during the entire year (even in the winter).

PROS.
Minimum of 32 hours a week guaranteed.
Uniform allowance of $150 annually.
Five paid holidays.
Xmas bonus (it gets smaller and smaller every year).
Paid overtime.
Vacation - 10 days a year after two years of employment.
Free lunch or breakfast here and there.
Good management and professional dispatch/ planning.
Nobody is looking over your shoulder, you can work at your own pace, as long as the job gets done on time and the shipper is happy.

CONS.
Benefits are really mediocre.
No sick days.
Forget about the raise.
Everybody is treated the same (well, I guess it's a plus for some people)
"Mysterious" mistakes in payroll (always negative difference, never positive, not even once).
Too much inner politics.
Family owned business - it's all about the profit, not employees.
You have to purchase your own equipment.

I don't personally regret that I joined NWVL seven years ago. Back then, I was not doing well financially, and working for this company really helped me to get back on my feet. Annual income is decent but only if you work super-long hours for six-seven days a week.

New World is immigrant friendly, as long as your criminal record is clean. College students with no moving experience are ok to apply as
  more... well.

Expect to go on the road a lot.
Best Moving Company in the Industry
Warehouse Manager/Relocation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAFebruary 28, 2016
I have worked for most of the moving companies out there and by far New World has the best thing going. Excellent compensation for drivers. Excellent benefits and safety bonuses to be had.
made you strong
mover/ driver (Former Employee) –  Cranbury, NJFebruary 4, 2016
but tore apart your body too much , at some points worked 90-120 hrs a week,for 2 or three months straight, people where awesome to work with though. after 10 years my body could not take it.
Worst company.. doesn't value its employees and no room for growth
Driver/Mover!! (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VAFebruary 2, 2016
First thing, the company doesn't pay enough for any driver. Secondly, the company doesn't know how to manage its employees.. once they have you booked as a driver or as a helper they will not give you time off and will more than likely keep you out for weeks.

DRIVING
I regret working for this company just simply because they don't give you a raise within the first 6 months or even a year. They over work their employees and don't put enough guys on the job. A two man crew would have to work for 2-3 days on a job of 10,000 lbs.They simply do not care at all. I can break down every little thing about this company that will make sure you won't ever work for them.

WORK
They also have illegals that work for them too. I have meet some of them that don't have papers. How does a company hire illegals and have drug & background screening? I don't understand how they get away with that.

DRIVING
And lastly I must say, the company tells you they will get you a bonus for driving which is a lie. I drove for over 6 months and I didn't get a dime for submitting all my logs on time and every other paperwork correctly.

WORST COMPANY TO WORK FOR. THEY WILL LET PEOPLE GO WHEN ITS CONVENIENT FOR THEM AND CUT YOUR HOURS!!! I HAVE SEEN EMAILS SAYING TO ELIMINATE HOURS.
Pros
Nothing at all.
Cons
Everything to do with this lame company. Dont provide you with any back brace or gloves.
Good Company at times
OFFICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Sterling, VANovember 9, 2015
New World knew how to take care of most of the employee, but when the summer hit, it was everything or nothing. Which is expected. All in all decent company, if it wasn't for me wanting more, i would still be there today!

Most of the owner are Awesome! could not say more about them, but some are fare from!
Pros
Healthcare, support when needed.
Cons
When asking for to much it was pulling teeth to get the support needed, Did not care about family life when the summer season came around, it was all or nothing
Poor Management but Ok Pay
Mover Helper (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 27, 2015
Working at this company means dealing with racism, low pay and unfair treatment. Management plagued with jealousy of staff who excel, tend to find ways to belittle staff, make racial slurs and tarnish staff reputation. Management forces staff to do jobs that are not within the scope of one's job and work on management's personal projects rather than working on job related projects. When a Clients furniture is damaged - management gets employees to fix the broken furniture to hide damages from customers rather than following protocol of replacing the customer's broken merchandise. For the most part - your work life balance is non-existent - most employees spend a great deal of time away from family.
Pros
Compensation was sometimes fair
Cons
Poor Management, Racism, Poor Work-life Balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NEW WORLD VAN LINES. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7