NEW WORLD

NEW WORLD Employer Reviews

Good company
Grocery Assistant (Full time) (Former Employee), Auckland (New Zealand)April 8, 2014
Pros: appriciation after doing something good
Cons: less timings
That was the good company to work with. i have learnt a lot in that company by working with the multicultural people.
yeah it was alright a couple ofbullys here and there but alright.
checkout operator (Former Employee), AshburtonApril 7, 2014
Pros: close lunch dident have to go far.
Cons: bosses where not that good.
not bad.sallery was abit low though.
and good staff friendly good manners polite i would recommend new world to others.
Fun and Challenging
Delicatessen Manager (Former Employee), New World EastridgeApril 6, 2014
Pros: flybuys, great staff
Cons: long hours
Early starts involving setting up the deli, doing price changes for weekly specials, training of new staff, completing weekly stock takes. Bargaining deals with company reps, marketing and presentation of products. Coming up with new ideas to sell different products and best of all serving customers. The staff were great and helped out a lot. The hardest – more... part was coming up with new ideas for the hot cabinet and making sure that the set up stayed fresh and relevant. Loved serving customers and helping them with making choices from the deli. – less
could do with a few changes
groceries assistance (Former Employee), Kaikohe, NFebruary 4, 2014
the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet people and to help those that needed it..management was OK..the hardest part was when i had too give notice for personal reasons..i enjoyed working there and the people that worked there..now it is had to find employment here in Kaikohe..
different characters that was the most enjoyable staff to work with
Grocery assistant (Former Employee), Kaikohe, NJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: staff shouts lunches, morning tea, stocktake with a big munch
Working here was enjoyable the most kms I had to travel to work which is not a problem I would love to do over again and work at New World in Kaikohe.
Management were good to me I was there for a short time I learnt about how to look after a customer when enquiring about a product, there were always management around to help assist you when needed. – more... I found the other employees fun to work with, no problems with anyone. – less
hated Management
Checkout and Store packer (Former Employee), Whitianga, NJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: nil
Cons: slave labour no cons
They would have to be the worst managers I have ever worked for.
Great working conditions, but must be focused and cant have to big of a social life.
Baker (Former Employee), Levin, NJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: great team, staff lunches
Cons: early starts, extreme long hours in some instances
Working at the bakery was great, but it did have its cons. While having a great team to work with the one con was the hours getting up everyday at 3am, challenging as it was it was possible just couldn't do much outside of work due to being so tired from the long hours. Managers there were great and treated me with respect. I really enjoyed working – more... with everyone as we all became close. A typical day would be packing the bread and then pricing and putting it out on the shelves before opening time. The job required great time management skills. – less
good and nice people to work for
trolly boy (Former Employee), Whangarei, NJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: it was my first part time job
Cons: i got paid for it
not really what i was looking for as a job but meet some quite interesting people
Amazing!
Checkout Operator (Current Employee), Rolleston, ChristchurchJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: great people, highly sociable environment, great management, great staff rooms
Cons: hard on the legs, not enough shifts to live off
I love working at New World, the staff are amazing, as are the customers and owners. I learned a lot about how to interact with customers on a more positive basis and have defined myself as a good person through this. My co- workers are great, they are always happy and bubbly, they are always caring and willing to help when you need it.
Supervisor
Checkout Operator and Supervisor (Former Employee), Waihi, NDecember 10, 2013
Pros: authority
Cons: salary
Typical day being a checkout supervisor is organising the checkout operators and packers to make sure customers are not waiting in line for a long period of time.
helping customers with inquires, returns and complaints.
ordering change and balance reports.
making sure the sale of alcohol and tobacco purchases were done correctly.
working along the manager – more... and other staff we al got along and made working together so much more calm and flows nicely.
i learned how to work in a fast pace environment and to keep things under control and in order.
the hardest part was when i got really busy and short staff the checkout would be in extremely busy and i would have to make it work.
enjoyable part was gaining such close bonds with fellow colleagues and not being intimidated with the higher management. – less
Productive, Busy, Meet lots of new people
Checkout Operator (Current Employee), Regent New World, WhangareiDecember 6, 2013
Responsibilities:

• Being able to work in an busy environment
• Talking to different people.
• Making sure my customer service is at its best
• Making sure I have reached the customer needs and requirements.
• Operating a computerised till system that has a barcode scanner
• Entering prices into the till system by scanning items chosen by customers
 – more... Weighing and pricing certain items, such as fruit and vegetables
• Using special tools to remove security tags
• Packing and wrapping purchases
• Processing store loyalty cards, coupons and vouchers
• Taking payment.
• Good Hygiene, making sure the environment is always clean – less
Fun place to work
Delicatessen Assistant (Current Employee), Dunedin, SNovember 27, 2013
Very flexible job and surrounded by fun easy going people with good personalities
Fun work place
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Whitby, WellingtonNovember 12, 2013
Pros: got to meet alot of famous new zealanders
Cons: hard work
Loved the customers
Loved the workers
Had photos taken with Rugby stars
Enjoyed the different jobs that were offered
Every day was different
Always something to do
Challenging Role
Price Integrity Officer (Current Employee), Hawera, NNovember 9, 2013
I am part of the Administration Team And my role as Price Integrity Officer at New World is absolutely crucial to the Gross Profit of the Store. There is absolutely no room for error in my job. Ie if I input an incorrect price in the system we are going to loose money. So my whole heart and concentration is focused on my job when I am at work, I can – more... not afford to let myself get side tracked with interruptions. I am and excellent Team Player and professional in my job, and Istrive to ensure I please everyone with their pricing requests and queries etc. I have an Open Door Policy.

I enjoy liaising with my Co-workers and have and excellent Relationship with Management. I enjoy the different Challenges that arise within my job – less
Interesting
Checkout Operator - Part-time, student (Former Employee), Waipawa, NNovember 7, 2013
Hardest part of the job was standing around all day at the checkout
Fun Work Place
Grocery Assistant/Store person (Current Employee), Lower Hutt, NOctober 25, 2013
I learned the important of inventory management, The ways you can squeeze the variable cost to increase profits. And the most enjoyable part of the job is building displays and dealing with customers.
Good customer service
Check out operator (Former Employee), Onerahi,October 4, 2013
Pros: good first job
A typical day at work was working on the checkout. My responsibilities were cash handling, packing groceries and providing good customer service.
I learnt how to deal with complaints and unhappy customers in a calm and professional way.
The most enjoyable part of the job was buliding relationships with customers and providing good service.
Filled time
Part-time Feb (Former Employee), New ZealandSeptember 4, 2013
Very long hours. No chairs, had to stand at checkout all day.
a good first job.
Checkout Operator (Former Employee), OhakuneAugust 27, 2013
Pros: i made some life long friends.
as with any job there were some cons just as much as pros. but i really liked the other staff employed it made work much more enjoyable and felt like a family. i liked the fact that winter it got really busy because of the ski season so i got too met some cool people and my days went by faster.
fun working place
Retail Person (Former Employee), Napier, NAugust 21, 2013
had a lot of things to learn about. heaps of fun watching kids doing this and that. learn much more.