New York & Company

New York & Company United States Employee Reviews

Eh
Stock Clerk (Former Employee), Henderson, NVNovember 23, 2014
High end fashion is not for me since the clothes are oh so hideous but watching people buy them is funny to watch them walk off with couch left overs. Something satisfying about high end fashion and the bad cost for bad fashion
Poor Management
Customer Service & Sales Associate (Former Employee), Roseville, MNNovember 19, 2014
Working retail at a clothing store in general while you're in school can be difficult, at least, it was for me. I couldn't request Sundays for church off because it was inventory day. When I worked there, the manager really pushed us to sell credit (NY&C store cards), if we didn't meet the amount of cards per shift it was a shame walk. Last I heard about the store was everybody I had worked with left for different jobs and the company actually sent in a new manager.
productie work enviorment
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 18, 2014
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: short breaks
New York and Company is a fast pace environment where workers are constantly busy helping customers or on the floor putting clothes back.
productive and a fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Pleasanton, CANovember 12, 2014
a great place to work with great training and management. You always stayed busy with clients or merchandising new products.
Company does not foster a culture of helping management flourish
Sales Leader (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXNovember 6, 2014
Poor training for new management. Very discouraging for managers coming in from other retailers.
Fun and wonderful job experience
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VANovember 5, 2014
Pros: a great discount, on top od that they also give the assosiates a lot as well, was fun selling something everyone loves
Cons: definately how things ended, it is a store that has high shrink due to thieves
I loved working at Bath and Body Works. The company in the beginning really took care of the employees and really worked hard to make the temp Christmas hire taking trash out feel as important as the store manager. They really ran with the saying "Your only as your weakest link"
A typical day would be out on the salesfloor really taking my time and building sales as well that customer relationship as well as their loyalty.
Everyone that worked their loved it so we had a good team. The company was all about educating us on new products and really made us all feel valued.
I worked my way up from a seasonal hire. So they like building and coaching to get everyone ready to move up if they can.
What I didn't like was towards the end of my time their I was very much pregnant and in my last few months. I was having complications was still trying to push on through it, but I would be scheduled by myself for hours at a time so there was no bathroom breaks. And if I tried to call out for having complications I was basically told I would lose my position, and I wanted to be able to come back after my leave of absence so I put up with it. plus we had no DM or RM at the time so I didn't really have anyone to help.
NY & CO
Assistant Merchant (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 2, 2014
Difficult work life balance. Company under-staffs and over pays.
productive and fun place to work at
Sales Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 30, 2014
Pros: good discounts, good healthcare packages
Cons: short breaks
Everyone in this store is nice.
They all work as a group .
Management treats everyone with respect
Every single employee respects other people's opinion
They take positive criticism
New York & Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Florence, SCOctober 28, 2014
New York & Company is a woman clothing store. I enjoy working here and also assist customer with putting a outfit together. I was getting about 20 hours a week at the job which was not suitable for me. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers.
fun clean working enviornment
SALES ASSOCIATE-CASHIER (Part-Time) (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 23, 2014
everyday was a learning experience. there was always new marketing new clothes accessories to display and sell. management for the most part was very enjoyable and made work fun.the hardest part of this job was rememberingthe constant changes of the store.
Flexible Schedule, Low pay, Questionable job security
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 22, 2014
Pros: flexible work hours
Cons: low pay
I enjoyed working with the people there, however a large number of individuals where fired due to shoplifting. Flexible work schedule, low pay for duties performed of sales associates.
Fun work place
Sale Associate (Current Employee), Englewood, NJOctober 20, 2014
A typical day at work consist of coming into work cleaning up before store opens.
welcoming each and every customer to the store.
Helping each customer with any need that will help their shopping experience the best.
This store I enjoy because its full of great people.
very active, fas environment
Sales (Former Employee), West Dundee, ILOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great schedules worked around my family life
Cons: busy holiday seasons
Sales and customer service. The hardest part was working the Christmas holiday season.
Customer service and productivity
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: employee discount
Cons: no medical insurance available because i am part-time.
I have to provide excellent customer service to all my customers daily. I open up new credit card accounts for new and current customers. I am currently training for junior assistant manager but currently searching for more options.
Great company to work for but going through major changes
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 8, 2014
Quiet office environment and friendly co-workers.
High Turnover and a lot of uncertainty within the company
Nice Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 8, 2014
Pros: short work days
Cons: cant grow with company
Set up floor sets, cashier and hanging and folding clothes, cleaning store I really enjoyed the clothes.
Colorfiul work place
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYOctober 7, 2014
Pros: colorful customers, ever changing tasks
Cons: lots of hours on your feet and under staffed
I had an absolute blast and will always remember the experience. This was the best job i have had.
good working enviroment very fast pace
Sales Assoicate (Former Employee), Gretna, LAOctober 6, 2014
Pros: great atmosphere
Cons: working in the mall
help customer find what they need. hardest part was recovery .
Family Oriented
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Echelon, NJOctober 3, 2014
Day started out unbalance, do to lack of communication with prior management. I brought communication in to the store all while learning that communication and actions go hand and hand. Management was not great at all, some didn't like their jobs and brought negative energy. Co-workers were motivated, but had no room to advance within do to it being a family and friend employed workplace. Hardest part was working with someone who was not as determined as you. Most enjoyable was customers who came in different varieties, from lawyers to teachers. All well dressed.
Need to train better
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Manchester, CTOctober 2, 2014
This was my first job, so I don't remember much. I remember that I had a manager and couple of coworkers that I got along with, but that wasn't always the case.

Honestly, there was nothing wrong with the job or company. The pay and employee discount were pretty generous, but I was extremely intimidated by the job. I knew nothing about retail or sales, and I was thrown in there with no real training.

The hardest part was trying to learn everything with no one teaching me. I made a lot of mistakes. But I loved that discount while it lasted.

New York & Company Salaries