New York & Company Employee Reviews

Low Pay, for hard work, Management is terrible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL OutletsJuly 30, 2016
The Managers were extremely I mean extremely rude.. The back of the store was disorganized you can break your neck just trying to walk through when you put you stuff in the locker the store manager did nothing when she heard about how disrespectful her managers were they were supervisors but they call them managers.. One lady sat in a chair in the storage room all day! And folding cloths no team work at all.. Rude managers and drama zone stay away!!!
Pros
Zero
Cons
Management is terrible, little very little pay, cut hours
Fun work place
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLJuly 27, 2016
I loved it the only concern of mine was not enough hrs was giving to me. They offered me a position to become an assist manager with a .10 cent raise and I was not excepting the offer I feel my work eticity is worth way more
Productive fun atmosphere
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJuly 27, 2016
I enjoyed building relationships with co-workers as well as the regular customers. The most enjoyable part of this job was raising money for the St. Jude's Children's Center every year.
it was something new
i assist customers (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VA 23059July 27, 2016
it took them awhile to get my training started for the position i was hired for. it was very laid back and not many customers visited the store. it was fun being in retail for the first time ever
My experiance
Cashier Associate (Former Employee) –  Allentown, PAJuly 24, 2016
Don't remember to upscale for me I felt uncomfortable working here being as though I was black an most of the atmosphere was Caucasian from a somewhat suburban area. I didn't like it it's my opinion. I like a diverse atmosphere where I don't feel uncomfortable and I feel welcome.
Great company going through some growing pains
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 23, 2016
New York and Company is business advanced and makes tough decisions to keep them profitable in tough times for retailers.
Pros
personal growth, challenging
Cons
difficult work load
Intern
Finance Intern (full-time) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2016
I was an intern and the environment was healthy. Beautiful offices located next to the high line. There;s a sense of bureaucracy but if your nice to people things will get done.
This position was a very interesting experience. Opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people, and advance your career.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaJuly 18, 2016
- Pleasantly greet the customers, help other co-workers if needed and assist the manager.
- Many different skill, i.e. window displays, designing and changing the.store during the different seasons, how to open/close registers, doing inventory, how to submit credit cards applications and so much more.
- Management was very helpful during my employment, their expertise taught me the knowledge how to advance within the store.
- Co-workers were helpful, experienced, positive.
- Leaving the employment. The company relocated and this was not a good move for myself.
- The entire job, co-workers and Management
Pros
Employees Discounts, luncheons
Cons
Salaries
Loved it
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Wheaton, ILJuly 12, 2016
This job was wonderful to me. The facility is beautiful and you can balance your home life and job life because of the hours of some of the positions at this facility. My boss was great and understanding at the time when I worked there they had excellent benefits though the pay is very low for the job you perform.
Fun and Up Beat Place To Work, With Always Something To Do
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Snellville, GAJune 25, 2016
You get informed from a manager what the goals are for the day and daily promotions. You greet customers, keep the store clean, and make sure the customer is always happy and helped. Great co-workers and management that work together to keep everyone informed and team players. The hardest part would be the need to get people to apply for a credit card. The enjoyable part is never know what to expect from the customers, everyday is a different story, problem, or funny experience.
Pros
great team
Cons
rarely get breaks, variation in hours every week
stylish,fun,music
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJune 24, 2016
Everyday was a busy,messy day on a regular it's a women's clothing store and lot's of women love to shop.I learned great customer service how to set up credit cards payments ext.
Pros
work with schedule
Cons
When closing store its very dirty, messy.
started off good ended bad
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Staten Island, NYJune 21, 2016
bad management liars and they want you to over work for very low pay and no hours started off as a good cool job opportunity and towards the end it turned unproffesional
Pros
flexible
Cons
no hours no room to advanced
Easy going work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 16, 2016
Busy sometimes, fun energetic co workers, easy job from close to open. the hardest part was trying to find people to cover your shift what i learned about is how to style people and communcation skills
Worst retail job, in all my 20 years, working in retail.
Co-Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDJune 14, 2016
I worked at the New York &Company in the Columbia Mall. Management is horrible, unprofessional. The work culture was very negative. They don't care about the people and how they treat you.
Benefits
Cons
Employee's mean nothing to this company.
lenient fun fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Nyack, NYJune 11, 2016
typical work day consist of ringing fast and keeping store clean
learned about stores numbers
management is organized
co-workers are helpful
hardest part is cleaning store
enjoyable part is store meetings
Pros
overnight shift available
Cons
breaks
Good learning experience
Managerial Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Des Moines, IAJune 9, 2016
I learned a lot about management at New York & Company. I learned how to lead co-workers and interact with customers. I learned a lot of customer service and money management skills. The hardest part of the job was trying to maintain a store with all available sizes during rush hours and trying to have enough employees working to cover all shifts.
Great First Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint Peters, MOJune 7, 2016
The work is fast pace and fun. You get to build customer relationships when helping with outfit selection. There are also amazing events; I love how NY&Co. support St. Jude's Hospital with yearly fundraisers! Though management can be a coin toss.
Pros
Employee discount, good staff, fun events
Cons
High turnover, healthcare, credit pushing
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 6, 2016
it was my first job. Loved working there it was the best experience. I miss working there very much. Good place to work at ...
High energy
Customer Service - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 27, 2016
Assist with display changes under the direction of the Visual Merchandising Manager or Merchandising Team
Maintain and stock the sales floor, including sales counters and all store displays and uprights/shelves, understanding the priorities of stocking, signage and cleaning
Organizational and time management skills
Assist the Merchandising Manager/Operations Manager to complete essential inventory control functions in an effort to support financial and inventory accuracy
great job to work at
CASHIER, STOCKROOM, FITTING ROOM, (Former Employee) –  Cerritos, CAMay 26, 2016
great store to work at everyone is friendly and is very helpful to one another made sure the store stayed clean and organized making sure the customer's were satisfied with their purchase

Ask a question about working or interviewing at New York & Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9